Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Super jetlagged and just watched the game due to overseas restrictions but a) this was IMHO a horribly officiated game. The last 3-4 mins of first half had so many calls that went against Duke (or not called in our favor) that would have probably put a very nice distance between us (and that uncalled 5th foul against Reid..) b) Scheyer is a great coach but I personally think that would not quite happened if he was a bit of a coach K temperament c) again with my very biased glasses it seems like many replays shown/not shown are very selective. D) I feel like when Flip gets the ball outside 3pt area we are a bit too static to help him.

Quote Originally Posted by evrim View Post
    Super jetlagged and just watched the game due to overseas restrictions but a) this was IMHO a horribly officiated game. The last 3-4 mins of first half had so many calls that went against Duke (or not called in our favor) that would have probably put a very nice distance between us (and that uncalled 5th foul against Reid..) b) Scheyer is a great coach but I personally think that would not quite happened if he was a bit of a coach K temperament c) again with my very biased glasses it seems like many replays shown/not shown are very selective. D) I feel like when Flip gets the ball outside 3pt area we are a bit too static to help him.
    It looked like there was a pretty egregious non-call on a Proctor shot. It's the one where he airballed a shot, ended up on the floor, then didn't make it back on D. From the camera angle I saw, it looked like he was absolutely smacked on his forearm on the shot. Would have loved to see a replay of that.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Very fair and expectations (#2 preseason ranking if I recall) were too high. This team is not going to beat many other ACC teams by 20+ points (no Elton Brand, Zion talent), but should finish top 3 in ACC and win a game or 2 in the big tourney.
    If our team is fully healthy and Flip, Proctor and Mitchell are playing the way they're capable, this is a FF team.

All my years lurking and then posting on this board, I can't ever remember such a high level of undeserved negativity.

Granted all teams play thru injuries, but if Proctor hadn't rolled his ankle at GT and both Roach and MM hadn't sat out for Pitt, we'd be #1 in the conference and top 3 nationally.

Would fans on this board view the team and our prospects differently then? It's called having some perspective...

Who was guarding Sallis? I strongly recommend that we use a different strategy when we play them at W-F.