Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Virginia wins despite shooting 1-11 from the FT line.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    One point game and Virginia heads to the free-throw line. They are currently 0 for nine on free throws in this contest.
    That was a crazy game. Coach Bennett's first technical in 14 years, 8 blocks by Dunn, and that awful free throw shooting. 0-10 before McKneely hit their 11th attempt in the last minute.

The past few seasons have seen a marked decline in UVA’s free throw shooting, and we’re close to last in the country at this point.

It’s bizarre. We’ve got guys more likely to hit a fadeaway jumper with a hand in their face than they are to make a free throw.

Quote Originally Posted by W&LHoo View Post
    The past few seasons have seen a marked decline in UVA’s free throw shooting, and we’re close to last in the country at this point.

It’s bizarre. We’ve got guys more likely to hit a fadeaway jumper with a hand in their face than they are to make a free throw.
    Wow. 9 percent is amazing.

Gotta figure that is an aberration...

Right?

In the MBB/WBB: Other Teams' Summer 2023 Practices and Exhibitions thread, I wrote about Virginia Tech's trip to Switzerland and Italy, pointing out that UNC transfer Tyler Nickel made 6-of-8 threes and scored a team-high 20 points against some Italian team. I got this reply:

Quote Originally Posted by dlmzzz View Post
    If Tyler Nickel goes 6 for 8 from long range against UNC, all is forgiven.
    Nickel got close today, in his return to Chapel Hill. He had 14 points, hitting 4 of 6 outside shots, and added 3 blocks. Unfortunately, Sean Pedulla and Hunter Cattoor had bad shooting days for the Hokies, and UNC won by 15.

BC defeats Miami in Boston, 85-77. I repeat a question I asked a week or two ago - what has happened to Miami?

Quote Originally Posted by FosterCoachK82 View Post
    Virginia wins despite shooting 1-11 from the FT line.
    What’s the over/under on uva hitting 80% against Duke?

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    BC defeats Miami in Boston, 85-77. I repeat a question I asked a week or two ago - what has happened to Miami?
    Excellent question. I don't know but hope the problem continues for another week or so.

People are suggesting that Larrinaga has lost this team. If so, I don't know why. He's a good coach and has seemed to be player oriented coach.

They are decaying from the top. Larrañaga has checked out

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    Excellent question. I don't know but hope the problem continues for another week or so.

People are suggesting that Larrinaga has lost this team. If so, I don't know why. He's a good coach and has seemed to be player oriented coach.
    He is 74. Coaches burn out. Look at Boeheim’s last seasons. He should have retired 5 years ago.

Fantastic game at Clemson. Pack wins on a shot with a few seconds left. DJ Horne is a stud.

State with a come from behind 78-77 win over Clemson at Littlejohn.

Wow. Another heartbreaking, last-second loss for Clemson. NC State scores with 9.8 seconds left to win by one in Littlejohn, 78-77.

Wow. Another heartbreaking, last-second loss for Clemson. NC State scores with 9.8 seconds left to win by one in Littlejohn, 78-77.
    Clemson has more 1 pt losses. 3 of them. ONE POINT. And a double OT loss to GT at home. I want tigers in ncaa.

Duke
    NC State
    UVA

Double OT loss at home to GT

He is 74. Coaches burn out. Look at Boeheim’s last seasons. He should have retired 5 years ago.
    Hope the Boozers are paying attention

Not 100% clear but I think you are saying Boeheim should have retired 5 years ago because there is NO WAY Larrañaga should have retired years ago.

Miami is having a tough season. They've really been hurt by nagging injuries and their pieces don't seem to fit together well. Still, I am sure Nijel Pack and Wooga Poplar, both of whom have been far worse than expected this year, will play lika All-ACC contenders against Duke on Wednesday.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?