Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North of Durham

    RIP Carl Weathers

    Great actor with some very memorable roles, particularly Apollo Creed. I will still not forgive Drago for what he did.

    And, of course, he was in Happy Gilmore. 76 years old.

    https://apnews.com/article/carl-weat...9f9c25a28b1198

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Great actor with some very memorable roles, particularly Apollo Creed. I will still not forgive Drago for what he did.

    And, of course, he was in Happy Gilmore. 76 years old.

    https://apnews.com/article/carl-weat...9f9c25a28b1198
    Hard to believe Drago wasn’t brought up on some sort of charges for what he did. Crazy.

  3. #3
    Great actor. Really loved him in the Rocky franchise. RIP, Carl.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Nooooooooo!!!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington DC
    So sad. RIP Carl.

    And eerily, my favorite golf podcast, Chasing Scratch, is somewhat obsessed with Carl Weathers and has been try to get him on their podcast for years. This week it finally happened and the episode was released today and Carl was so great to listen to.

  6. #6
    "Get Your Cameras Ready!!!"

    "Ain't gonna be no rematch."

    Rest in peace Carl Weathers, you're an icon.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Hard to believe Drago wasn’t brought up on some sort of charges for what he did. Crazy.
    “The man’s tongue didn’t come through customs.”

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I wish it was online, but I can't find it anywhere. Weathers was the star of one of my favorite SNL skits, after both Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jesse Ventura had been elected governors of their states.

    It was a mock campaign ad, and it was hilarious.

    Hi, Im Carl Weathers. I'm the black guy from Predator. This American classic has already provided two state governors and frankly, I'd like to be the third.
    He did go on to be a governor in The Mandalorian, so he got his wish. RIP, Gov.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Loved him most as himself — a fine acting coach and bargain hunter extraordinaire. RIP, Carl.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I wish it was online, but I can't find it anywhere. Weathers was the star of one of my favorite SNL skits, after both Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jesse Ventura had been elected governors of their states.

    It was a mock campaign ad, and it was hilarious.

    He did go on to be a governor in The Mandalorian, so he got his wish. RIP, Gov.
    The transcript is here.

    S29 E2. If you have Peacock. Coincidentally Justin Timberlake was the host then and again last week.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by brickey View Post
    Loved him most as himself — a fine acting coach and bargain hunter extraordinaire. RIP, Carl.
    I trust that somewhere in the great beyond he’s got a stew going.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

    You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

    You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    I trust that somewhere in the great beyond he’s got a stew going.
    This exactly.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    I saw the news yesterday and quickly wrote a tribute -- next week's DBR Chat Halftime Trivia for the Notre Dame game are a series of questions about Carl Weathers. I see this thread has covered much of the same territory.

    Lots of clips I could have embedded, but I'll go poignant:


  14. #14

    RIP Chubbs


Similar Threads

  1. Carl Reiner 1922-2020
    By JasonEvans in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-01-2020, 01:30 PM
  2. Carl Tacy (1932-2020)
    By throatybeard in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-04-2020, 10:39 AM
  3. USS Carl Vinson
    By grossbus in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 11-14-2011, 05:22 PM
  4. South Florida and Carl Franks
    By Acymetric in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-26-2008, 11:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •