Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Yeah, you really went out on a limb predicting Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs to win the Super Bowl. 🙄
    When I was saying it, I was the ONLY one saying it. Everyone else had some other team winning it all. But thatís fine. Iíll give everyone a heads up for next year right now - KC will win it again. Best dynasty since the Patriots - bar none.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    When I was saying it, I was the ONLY one saying it. Everyone else had some other team winning it all. But thatís fine. Iíll give everyone a heads up for next year right now - KC will win it again. Best dynasty since the Patriots - bar none.
    You're right til you're wrong.

When I was saying it, I was the ONLY one saying it. Everyone else had some other team winning it all. But that’s fine. I’ll give everyone a heads up for next year right now - KC will win it again. Best dynasty since the Patriots - bar none.
    Hate to rain on your Kansas City Super Bowl championship celebration, Southern, but the Chiefs were the preseason favorites to win Super Bowl 58. For crissakes, they have Patrick Mahomes, the guy who is destined to go down as the greatest quarterback in the history of football. It’s a no-brainer to pick Mahomes every year, knowing that more than half the time you’ll end up being right.

SD, you’re pretty much the coolest guy on DBR, but Nostradamus you ain’t!

https://www.fantasypoints.com/nfl/ar...bowl-58-odds#/

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Hate to rain on your Kansas City Super Bowl championship celebration, Southern, but the Chiefs were the preseason favorites to win Super Bowl 58. For crissakes, they have Patrick Mahomes, the guy who is destined to go down as the greatest quarterback in the history of football. Itís a no-brainer to pick Mahomes every year, knowing that more than half the time youíll end up being right.

SD, youíre pretty much the coolest guy on DBR, but Nostradamus you ainít!

https://www.fantasypoints.com/nfl/ar...bowl-58-odds#/
    To be fair to Southern Dukie, I think what he is saying is that near the middlemof the season or so, when the Chiefs had lost a few games they were supposed to win, a lot of people started saying that the preseason guesses were wrong, and that the Chiefs just didn't have 'it' this year, and that there was no way they would live up to the preseason expectations.

At that point, Southern Dukie was telling us not to worry, that no matter how bad they looked in the last few games, they would put it together in the playoffs and win the Superbowl.

Maybe y'all don't remember that the Chiefs looked downright pedestrian for a while during the regular season, but are I do. So, where credit is due...

Well, I had Mahomes on my fantasy league team this season, and he sucked.

By happenstance, I had him in 2022, and he was great. I won the league.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    To be fair to Southern Dukie, I think what he is saying is that near the middlemof the season or so, when the Chiefs had lost a few games they were supposed to win, a lot of people started saying that the preseason guesses were wrong, and that the Chiefs just didn't have 'it' this year, and that there was no way they would live up to the preseason expectations.

At that point, Southern Dukie was telling us not to worry, that no matter how bad they looked in the last few games, they would put it together in the playoffs and win the Superbowl.

Maybe y'all don't remember that the Chiefs looked downright pedestrian for a while during the regular season, but are I do. So, where credit is due...
    Ahh, now I get it. Thank you for explaining.

Apologies, Southern.

Why did the final TD in OT only count for 3 points? Shouldn't KC have won by 6? I did some quick searching and saw nothing. 49ers were favored so it didn't impact that, but over/under was around 47.5 so if it had been 6 instead of 3 it would have flipped that (I am not a gambler but find it really interesting to follow).

The missed PAT was killer. The 49ers obviously had plenty of time to rebound from it but the strategy of the game would have been dramatically different.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Why did the final TD in OT only count for 3 points? Shouldn't KC have won by 6? I did some quick searching and saw nothing. 49ers were favored so it didn't impact that, but over/under was around 47.5 so if it had been 6 instead of 3 it would have flipped that (I am not a gambler but find it really interesting to follow).

The missed PAT was killer. The 49ers obviously had plenty of time to rebound from it but the strategy of the game would have been dramatically different.
    The Niners scored a FG. Then the Chiefs scored six - final margin of 3.

I don't know how much difference the XP made - if the Chiefs had been down 4 instead of 3, they may have won in regulation rather than settling for OT.

Also, in fairness to the Niners kicker, the XP was blocked, not just "missed."

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    The Niners scored a FG. Then the Chiefs scored six - final margin of 3.

I don't know how much difference the XP made - if the Chiefs had been down 4 instead of 3, they may have won in regulation rather than settling for OT.

Also, in fairness to the Niners kicker, the XP was blocked, not just "missed."
    Duh. Sorry. Brain fart. Thank you. I get annoyed by dumb posts and that was the ultimate. No wonder my google search was not turning up anything. Long weekend. And I don't drink - maybe I should start again...

Agreed on the kick not being solely the kicker's fault. I wasn't specifically blaming the kicker.

Duh. Sorry. Brain fart. Thank you. I get annoyed by dumb posts and that was the ultimate. No wonder my google search was not turning up anything. Long weekend. And I don't drink - maybe I should start again...

Agreed on the kick not being solely the kicker's fault. I wasn't specifically blaming the kicker.
    Oh, I understand. I just felt for the young man. They kept showing him and talking about the missed XP. And you can say it should have had a different trajectory to not be blocked, but it's not like he shanked it.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post

Thanks, RSVMAN. Thatís exactly correct. I was saying it about a third to halfway through the season when Kansas City had lost a number of games that they shouldíve won. Everyone had jumped off the bandwagon, and was pointing to other teams at that time.

Duke grad Noah Gray got to hug Travis Kelce before you know who did, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Duke grad Noah Gray got to hug Travis Kelce before you know who did, so there's that.
    We saw him less during the game than we did TS.

At least you didn't get flamed like I did a couple of weeks ago. ha ha.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Two catches for the Duke alum. Three for the Penn alum (Watson). Happy day in the CNC home (and the budwom home). We were at a small party and my well-trained 4th grader yelled across the room "Daddy, Noah Gray made a catch!" The guy sitting next to me gave me a very confused look until I explained - he thought I had made some very odd bet involving Noah Gray.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Oh, I understand. I just felt for the young man. They kept showing him and talking about the missed XP. And you can say it should have had a different trajectory to not be blocked, but it's not like he shanked it.
    I believe the snap was high on that one. It's really a precision and timing play, maybe even more that blocking schemes and QB-WR hookups. Most of the blame lies there.
    Past is gone, thou canst not that recall; Future is not, may not be at all;
    Present is, [so] improve the flying hour; Present only is within thy power. - Friar Park Clock Tower [author unknown]

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    We saw him less during the game than we did TS.
    So I might be the only man in the US that did not see a single second of the game, and I otherwise have zero interest in it, but I do have a perverse interest in this one statistic and am guessing it resides somewhere on the Net (although I cannot find it): did anyone total up the number of TS showings on TV during the game? Could it have possibly reached triple digits?

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    So I might be the only man in the US that did not see a single second of the game, and I otherwise have zero interest in it, but I do have a perverse interest in this one statistic and am guessing it resides somewhere on the Net (although I cannot find it): did anyone total up the number of TS showings on TV during the game? Could it have possibly reached triple digits?
    My son was keeping track into the 4th quarter and it was around 5-6. My guess is maybe 10-12 if you include the post game celebration but I didnít watch much of it.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    It was officially 12 times for 50ish seconds.

I thought the crew started off pretty well with it. I don't think they showed her at all until the 2nd quarter.

It got worse though. They went directly to her after the game winning TD, which wasn't necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by TexHawk View Post
    It was officially 12 times for 50ish seconds.

I thought the crew started off pretty well with it. I don't think they showed her at all until the 2nd quarter.

It got worse though. They went directly to her after the game winning TD, which wasn't necessary.
    I really don't understand why people are upset about a billionaire being shown for less than a minute during a 4+ hour broadcast.

Like. Someone please explain it to me.