Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Jim Harbaugh to the Chargers being reported.
    I donít sports hate harbaugh but heís definitely a Regina George of football.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I donít sports hate harbaugh but heís definitely a Regina George of football.
    Heís so fetch.
    ďYou ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know.Ē ó GD

Y Seahawks have been playing it close to the vest. I hope it translates into Vrabel or someone who isn't Dan Quinn.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Raheem Morris to Atlanta.

Only two jobs left, Seattle and Washington. Vrabel doesn't have a job yet? Hard to believe. Neither does Bellichick. Has either of those guys even interviewed with either of those teams? The music is about to stop and there are only two chairs left.
    Commanders buzz is heavy on Detroitís OC Ben Johnson. If that is the case then either Belichick or Vrabel will be on the outside looking in.

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    Commanders buzz is heavy on Detroitís OC Ben Johnson. If that is the case then either Belichick or Vrabel will be on the outside looking in.
    Almost certainly Belichick. Word on the street is that in Atlanta, he asked for complete control over all operations. Who would want to give him that after how his team has performed over the past few years?

Thad Lewis is being talked about as a candidate for the Bucs offensive coordinator slot. My how time flies! From the Tampa Bay Times by John Romano:

If itís continuity that Mayfield wants ó and heís comfortable with Lewis ó then the Bucs should offer him the job. Tampa Bay coaches and execs have been raving about Lewis for several years and his ascension from intern to assistant receivers coach to quarterbacks coach from 2020 to 2023 reflects that. He graduated in 3 1 / 2 years from Duke with a degree in sociology, and was a backup quarterback for eight teams across eight seasons in the NFL so heís worked in a wide range of offenses.

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    I think the Commanders should hire Ben Johnson as HC and then convince Vrabel to come in as DC

Sounds like my Seahawks are nabbing the Ravens DC. I'm fine with this.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Almost certainly Belichick. Word on the street is that in Atlanta, he asked for complete control over all operations. Who would want to give him that after how his team has performed over the past few years?
    Tom Brady's father was quoted this morning as saying that Belichick was a great, great coach but with terrible interpersonal skills. Sounded like the Brady family was still miffed about Belichick (allegedly) telling Bob Kraft that TB was over the hill and not going to win any more championships and to let him go. Of course, he won a Super Bowl with the Bucs the next season.

Eric Bieniemy goes from everyone's hot candidate for HC to unemployed. What on earth?

Eric Bieniemy goes from everyone's hot candidate for HC to unemployed. What on earth?
    As they say on Wall Street, timing is everything.

Lots of rumors that he was just riding Reid's coattails so he went to Washington to prove that he could do it on his own. Kudos to him for betting on himself but it didn't work out that well, though one can always argue whether it was him or the talent he was working with (or lack thereof).

Not discussed as much was also that he has a decent rap sheet that made some owners hesitant to touch him. It is generally in the pretty distant past and I think he has been clean for a long time, but when splitting hairs between candidates, it also didn't help.

Commanders fans have turned on EB. IMHO they are giving him way too much criticism. Sure he should have run the ball more but the amount of criticism he's receiving is ridiculous. Not that he's blameless for the disaster but:

• Our defense coordinator should have been fired 2 years ago and wasn't so when things got very bad he was fired mid-season. That never goes well short term.
    • Also mid-season we traded away both of our starting DE's. I'm not saying it was the wrong thing to do but we never won another game and we got worse since we had next a very diminished pass rush. I don't think we won another game after we traded them away (not EB's fault)
    • Our offensive line was a disaster. We brought in several free agents and they were terrible.
    • Our QB was a 2nd year guy with one start under his belt with a background in a disgraced, cheating athletic program. He did OK but by the end of the season was a disaster. Fans have turned on Howell as well (note, don't draft from UNCheat)
    • Our best TE's were backup level. Logan Thomas just isn't the player he used to be before all the injuries. EB's offense does well with a good TE (like Taylor Swift's boyfriend)
    • And, of course, EB could have done a better job of calling plays, adjusting in game and running the ball

Washingtons Hires:
    • GM - Adam Peters - he was the assistant GM with the 49ers. With the 49ers being in the Super Bowl and recency bias everyone seems OK with this hire.
    • HC - Dan Quinn - last 3 years was the Cowgirls DC. Before Dan got there Dallass's defense was a complete and utter disaster. The last 3 years they have been one of the best defenses in the league, especially good at creating turnovers. Quinn was previously the HC for the Falcons. Got them to the Super Bowl (blew a lead to NE). His last season in Atlanta he was 0-5 before he got canned. One thing he mentioned in his news conference is learning from past mistakes. May Commanders fans aren't happy because they want a new, young guy. The more I've learned about Quinn the more I'm OK with this hire.
    • DC - Joe Whitt Jr - was the DB coach under Quinn in Dallas. Once people stopped whining about DQ, they look at this as a good hire since DQ is here. Basically brining in a DQ guy to run a DQ defense.
    • OC - Kliff Kingsbury - he was the HC of the Cardinals in the NFL from 2019-2022 with mixed results (I think his offense was pretty good). Before that he was the head coach at Texas Tech for 5 years. Last season he was the QB coach (not the OC) at USC. He was also the OC at Texas A&M the year Johnny Manzeil won the Heisman (thanks Mike Evans). Overall I'm seeing positive response to this hire. One interesting thing is that KK coached Caleb Willliams last year at USC and the Commanders have the #2 overall pick. Many fans are scared to death that we will trade way too many draft assest to move up 1 spot and grab Williams. For me I just don't want Drake Maye from CheaterU so if that means giving up a few draft picks so be it. We have $80m in cap space (before cuts) as well so we have a good shot at improving multiple spots on our roster

I haven't watched much of Caleb Williams, but whenever I did, the sense I got was that he was not as good as advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Commanders fans have turned on EB. IMHO they are giving him way too much criticism. Sure he should have run the ball more but the amount of criticism he's receiving is ridiculous. Not that he's blameless for the disaster but:

• Our defense coordinator should have been fired 2 years ago and wasn't so when things got very bad he was fired mid-season. That never goes well short term.
    • Also mid-season we traded away both of our starting DE's. I'm not saying it was the wrong thing to do but we never won another game and we got worse since we had next a very diminished pass rush. I don't think we won another game after we traded them away (not EB's fault)
    • Our offensive line was a disaster. We brought in several free agents and they were terrible.
    • Our QB was a 2nd year guy with one start under his belt with a background in a disgraced, cheating athletic program. He did OK but by the end of the season was a disaster. Fans have turned on Howell as well (note, don't draft from UNCheat)
    • Our best TE's were backup level. Logan Thomas just isn't the player he used to be before all the injuries. EB's offense does well with a good TE (like Taylor Swift's boyfriend)
    • And, of course, EB could have done a better job of calling plays, adjusting in game and running the ball

Washingtons Hires:
    • GM - Adam Peters - he was the assistant GM with the 49ers. With the 49ers being in the Super Bowl and recency bias everyone seems OK with this hire.
    • HC - Dan Quinn - last 3 years was the Cowgirls DC. Before Dan got there Dallass's defense was a complete and utter disaster. The last 3 years they have been one of the best defenses in the league, especially good at creating turnovers. Quinn was previously the HC for the Falcons. Got them to the Super Bowl (blew a lead to NE). His last season in Atlanta he was 0-5 before he got canned. One thing he mentioned in his news conference is learning from past mistakes. May Commanders fans aren't happy because they want a new, young guy. The more I've learned about Quinn the more I'm OK with this hire.
    • DC - Joe Whitt Jr - was the DB coach under Quinn in Dallas. Once people stopped whining about DQ, they look at this as a good hire since DQ is here. Basically brining in a DQ guy to run a DQ defense.
    • OC - Kliff Kingsbury - he was the HC of the Cardinals in the NFL from 2019-2022 with mixed results (I think his offense was pretty good). Before that he was the head coach at Texas Tech for 5 years. Last season he was the QB coach (not the OC) at USC. He was also the OC at Texas A&M the year Johnny Manzeil won the Heisman (thanks Mike Evans). Overall I'm seeing positive response to this hire. One interesting thing is that KK coached Caleb Willliams last year at USC and the Commanders have the #2 overall pick. Many fans are scared to death that we will trade way too many draft assest to move up 1 spot and grab Williams. For me I just don't want Drake Maye from CheaterU so if that means giving up a few draft picks so be it. We have $80m in cap space (before cuts) as well so we have a good shot at improving multiple spots on our roster
    So trade the #2 for the #1 pick and throw in Sam Howell. The Bears could then trade Fields for other picks and live with Howell and Maye. Ha Ha

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    So trade the #2 for the #1 pick and throw in Sam Howell. The Bears could then trade Fields for other picks and live with Howell and Maye. Ha Ha
    Throw in Trubiski and you've got yourself a ram stew!

(RIP Carl Weathers)

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    I haven't watched much of Caleb Williams, but whenever I did, the sense I got was that he was not as good as advertised.
    I have not watched him enough to even have a solid opinion. The other options seem to be LSU's Jaden Daniels or CheaterU's Maye. Obviously I don't want Maye, I'm trying to be objective but it's hard. What I do know is that when I watched him play Clemson, he didn't look good (also scouting says bad footwork and inconsistent throws - some very good but some bad). I mentioned Williams because Kingsbury was his college QB coach. If the Commanders don't draft him you'll know that Kingsbury knows...