Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    If it was the old trough style I think I would have tried to cross streams.
    Lol! Then you could say, my piss touched Dan Fouts’s piss.

Went to high school and had most of my classes w Jeff Bezos. (Note: Ketanji Jackson also graduated from Palmetto High a few years after Jeff and I did. Panther Pride!)

Did Habitat for many years and worked alongside a few times Jimmy and Rosalyn Carter. Had lunch with them several times.

Reese Witherspoon.

Greg Kinnear.

Bob Griese.

Idina Menzel - our kids went to preschool together

Jennifer Garner several times.

Judge Lance Ito -- know him somewhat well.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Went to high school and had most of my classes w Jeff Bezos. (Note: Ketanji Jackson also graduated from Palmetto High a few years after Jeff and I did. Panther Pride!)

Did Habitat for many years and worked alongside a few times Jimmy and Rosalyn Carter. Had lunch with them several times.

Reese Witherspoon.

Greg Kinnear.

Bob Griese.

Idina Menzel - our kids went to preschool together

Judge Lance Ito -- know him somewhat well.
    So Palmetto High is not in SC? I didn’t think anyone was as proud of their palm trees as we Southern Carolinians.

I’ve “met” a lot of musicians hanging around venues before and after shows. Also had a close friend who was a booking agent for blues acts who got me back stage passes at music festivals. I found Steve Earle fishing in the lake behind Chastain Park Amphitheater before a show. A crowd gathered and he talked about fishing and baseball for 20 minutes or so.

Circa 1991...

- Played Pop-a-Shot with Wynona Ryder in Barney's Beanery. (both imbibing; one was underage)
    - Rode elevator to rooftop pool with Sam Kinison. (Sam w/ statuesque lady friend on each arm)
    - Lifted weights with Jeff Goldblum at the Hollywood YMCA

Previously...
    - HS classmate of Sam Perkins

- Provided "tank" brief to Pres Bush on Afghanistan policy options (some Pentagon lingo for y'all)

I volunteered many years at the Duke Children's Classic, so I had the opportunity to meet a lot of famous folks. I have previously mentioned several of these on various threads.

Jeff Foxworthy used to hang out at our tent every year, when he wasn't playing golf or visiting the kids in the hospital. Like talking to your nextdoor neighbor.

Ate BBQ with Yogi Berra.

Did not converse much, but Chet Atkins almost ran me over in a golf cart, then cussed me out. I was about 12 and he was in the wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I managed a deli in DC when I was in school, and we'd have many celebrities come in. I always tried to treat them with that air of anonymity; I figured they got enough of the photo and autograph hounds all day. Some weren't easy, because they obviously relished the limelight. (Jesse Jackson and his entourage was a prime example.)
    A mutual friend of ours waited on Jesse Jackson and his entourage when she was waiting tables at a soul food restaurant in San Francisco. She said they ran her ragged and LEFT NO TIP!!!

My first job was at a mall location of FAO Schwarz, the toy store. I sold toys to quite a few famous people...we frequently had visiting NBA players in, for example, and I sold a very large stuffed animal to Eminem right before he really blew up.
    That was a fun job.

Oh, in my previous post, I failed to mention that a friend and I played a 9 hole par 3 course with Walter Davis and some other unc guy who wore #23 - alleged to have been a pretty decent player.*

Was not by their choice (or ours). The course required a foursome, and they showed up while we were waiting on another twosome.

I see me in the mirror each morning.

No one else comes to mind.

Also interacted with Robin Williams at Comedy Store on Sunset Strip. It was night of Richard Pryor’s first performance following his disastrous “milk catching fire” incident. Robin was one of a dozen comedy legends who opened for Pryor that night. I was in the front row right next to the stage and the woman next to me was drunk out of her mind. She started heckling Williams and he asked me if she was with me. I couldn't think of anything witty to say but I assured him I didn't know her.

That whole night was fantastic. When I was leaving at closing I saw said drunk girl in the parking lot stumbling into a car with Sam Kinison. I wasn't surprised even a teeny bit. 😲 😆

Quote Originally Posted by FosterCoachK82 View Post
    Yeah. I would have loved to hang with him, for a short while, at least.
    Me too, now. Unfortunately then I was a naive 19yo who just knew Leary was famous for espousing acid use, but didn't know enough to ask intelligent questions. I still remember his talk that evening was about SMILE. SMILE = Space Migration, Intelligence Increase and Life Extension. I think he had already done too much acid by then, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Oh, in my previous post, I failed to mention that a friend and I played a 9 hole par 3 course with Walter Davis and some other unc guy who wore #23 - alleged to have been a pretty decent player.*

Was not by their choice (or ours). The course required a foursome, and they showed up while we were waiting on another twosome.
    But how much were they wagering?

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    A mutual friend of ours waited on Jesse Jackson and his entourage when she was waiting tables at a soul food restaurant in San Francisco. She said they ran her ragged and LEFT NO TIP!!!
    I also had a 'Jesse Jackson and his entourage' moment. After having a flight from LAX to IAD canceled I was near the back of a long line in some corner of LAX waiting to re-book on a different flight. Jackson, his entourage, and several carts loaded with enough luggage to outfit an army walked in and just strolled to the front of the line. And of course the United agents accommodated him. (This was 20+ years ago and it has always irked me. I'm glad to finally get this off my chest.)

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    What was it like to date Jennifer? And was it before or after Ben Affleck? Or maybe during?

Anyway, just curious. 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Lotta Love was written and performed by Neil Young. Larson’s cover was fantastic.
    You of course are right; forgot that fact. Shouldn’t have because my girlfriend around that time had sent me a cassette with Neil Young’s version, expressing her feelings about our long-distance relationship. Turned out we ended up not having enough love.

OJ Simpson.

We were in a buffet line together at the Rose Bowl and we chatted for a few minutes about Leslie Nielsen and "The Naked Gun" and then sat at a table together for a while. Back when he was just a football guy.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    OJ Simpson.

We were in a buffet line together at the Rose Bowl and we chatted for a few minutes about Leslie Nielsen and "The Naked Gun" and then sat at a table together for a while. Back when he was just a football guy.
    This is an amazing one.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    OJ Simpson.

I was contemplating making a comment about the roast beef carving knife at the buffet, but I’m going to refrain.

Somehow it slipped my mind that I also met Phoebe Cates at a pool party back in the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    Mike Tyson when I lived in Vegas.
    I met Evander Holyfield sometime after Tyson bit his ear. My 10-year-old son was on a youth track team and at a meet they had a parent's 4 x 100 meter relay. Holyfield was in the lane next to me and we chatted briefly.