Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by martydoesntfoul View Post
    I’ll take that dude’s offensive coordinating over your offensive commentating every day of the week, and twice on Saturdays.
    Consider that Johns and the offensive staff has had to deal with a ton of injuries, most importantly at the QB position. They had to craft a new gameplan for Henry Belin, and then for Grayson Loftis, as all three QBs have different skill sets. Sitting in the cold during the Wake game, I didn't expect much from the offense with a true freshman QB. I surely didn't expect to score 45, 27, and 30 points in the last 3 games. For that, I think Johns and the offensive staff deserve quite a bit of credit. As does Grayson, of course. He has been better than we had any reason to expect.

By the way, Duke set the school record with 6 home wins this season, and went 4-0 in home conference games for the first time since 1989. Not bad for us season ticket holders. I hope some of you posters who don't get season tickets will consider them next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Maturin View Post
    By the way, Duke set the school record with 6 home wins this season, and went 4-0 in home conference games for the first time since 1989. Not bad for us season ticket holders. I hope some of you posters who don't get season tickets will consider them next year.
    Thanks for rubbing it in that we lost the only game I attended😜

I predicted 7-5 for the team before the season but it certainly didn’t play out the way I expected. The biggest thing seems to be improving quality depth but otherwise the coaches did about as much as they could with all the injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Thanks for rubbing it in that we lost the only game I attended😜
    ”Dear, Mr. Dukesky, although we generally would like as many fans as possible to attend our Blue Devils home football games, we feel compelled to make an exception in your case. In other words, PLEASE do not attend any Duke football games in the future.

Thank you, sincerely, and Let’s Go Duke!!”

Duke University Athletics
    PO Box 90555
    Durham, NC 27708

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    ”Dear, Mr. Dukesky, although we generally would like as many fans as possible to attend our Blue Devils home football games, we feel compelled to make an exception in your case. In other words, PLEASE do not attend any Duke football games in the future.

PO Box 90555
    Durham, NC 27708
    This is brilliant. Also if Dukesky is an Attorney General, I kind of hope he/she indicts you on trumped up charges. I can't decide if I am rooting for both of you or neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post

PO Box 90555
    Durham, NC 27708
    Ha! Sadly, I probably should abide by this because during my two years at Fuqua the team lost every time I attended- although the team went 0-11 and 2-9 those years so not sure I can take much of the blame…

Full credit

We have attended basketball games before, usually during those holiday games when students are away. And we have attended football games, too. However, this weekend we made it to both and are accepting full credit for the success on both days. Had great seats Friday night, courtesy of my oldest who got the tickets. I got the FB tix and after moving away from a pair of overly perfumed ladies, we found great seats in the sun and out of the wind. I feel certain that the two wins did much good for my health issue from the past year (see off topic for details). Got to meet the Section 17 podcast guys, too. Grateful for the FB hires made by the athletic dept. and the job they and the athletes have done the past two years. I hope the injury bug goes away next year. Healthy, we may have been 10-2 and in the ACC Championship game again. I only wish I could have met some of the DBR folks on Saturday. LGD!

Historically, there has been a lot of angst on DBR over the offense running screen passes so here is video of a properly executed screen pass. Grayson Loftis to Jalon Calhoun for 15 yards and a touchdown:

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/38977253
    Last edited by Bob Green; 11-26-2023 at 02:00 PM.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Historically, there has been a lot of angst on DBR over the offense running screen passes so here is video of a properly executed screen pass. Grayson Loftis to Jalon Calhoun for 15 yards and a touchdown:

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/38977253
    What beautiful play design and execution. Loftis got the pass off quickly, but not too quickly, which allowed the receivers to pick up their assignments and block as soon as Calhoun received the ball.
    Carolina delenda est