Nov. __: _________
    Nov. __: _________
    Nov. 12: vs. Kentucky (Champions Classic); @ Atlanta, GA
    Nov. 21: @ Arizona
    Week of November 25: [Holiday Tournament or Duke Dreck Challenge?]
    [Dec. 3/4: ACC-SEC Challenge?]
    [ACC Schedule:
    Home/Away: North Carolina, Wake Forest, Miami
    Home: Cal, Florida State, NC State, Notre Dame, Pitt, Stanford, Virginia Tech
    Away: Boston College, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Louisville, SMU, Syracuse, Virginia]
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    UVA is taking the TBD spot.

Charleston Classic and 5 other ESPN driven events were announced last year on May 11th. (last years dates)

I'm guessing we go to the ESPN Events Invitational in Orlando.
    Who else is supposed to be in that?

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Who else is supposed to be in that?
    I dont think the field gets announced until later in the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by bshrader View Post
    I dont think the field gets announced until later in the spring.
    Exactly. That's why I mentioned these events got announced last May 11th. I would assume a similar schedule this year, i.e. some time after the tournament finishes.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    This might, keyword MIGHT, be why we haven’t heard anything about a MTE for us next year yet… we may be getting involved in a new event.

Not sure how a MTE that offers NIL dollars would be kosher and our scrimmage in Chicago last year for NIL would not be… but who the heck knows anymore. Looks like it could be a crazy good field if it happens.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    This might, keyword MIGHT, be why we haven’t heard anything about a MTE for us next year yet… we may be getting involved in a new event.

Not sure how a MTE that offers NIL dollars would be kosher and our scrimmage in Chicago last year for NIL would not be… but who the heck knows anymore. Looks like it could be a crazy good field if it happens.
    This is a fascinating idea!! Here is a link to a story that is not behind a paywall -- https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa...99989bb6e8292b

Among the teams in discussion to participate are Duke, FAU, Houston, Kansas, Oregon, San Diego State, St. Joseph's, Syracuse and Virginia.
    3 ACC teams? That probably doesn't work. Houston and Kansas similarly might be problematic.

The idea is that each school's collective would be given $1 mil to distribute to the players as it sees fit. The winning school would get an extra million, which effectively means these college basketball players would be playing for a large bonus check.

This is a "change the face of college basketball" kind of idea.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    3 ACC teams? That probably doesn't work. Houston and Kansas similarly might be problematic.

With the power conferences getting bigger and bigger it’s going to be hard to limit the number from each conference in these tournaments.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    This is a fascinating idea!! Here is a link to a story that is not behind a paywall -- https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa...99989bb6e8292b

The article identifies 9 schools in talks for what sounds like an 8-team event next year, so my guess is one of those ACC teams wouldn’t be involved if it is indeed an 8-team event.

I can think of ways it could work with 2 teams from the same conference in an 8-team event. E.g., have the first round games at participating school venues, match up conference foes against each other in that first game and have the game count as a conference game in addition to being the first round of the NIL tourney (like the NBA in-season tournament pool play games).
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

I wanted to push this back to the first page as we should be looking ahead to a fascinating upcoming season.

If the game with St. Johns has fallen thru may I suggest a game against Hofstra in Madison Square Garden or the new UBS Arena on Long Island;

Hofstra played us tough last year in Cameron and the new arena has a train link from Manhattan.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by TywinBlue View Post
    I wanted to push this back to the first page as we should be looking ahead to a fascinating upcoming season.

If the game with St. Johns has fallen thru may I suggest a game against Hofstra in Madison Square Garden or the new UBS Arena on Long Island;

Hofstra played us tough last year in Cameron and the new arena has a train link from Manhattan.
    Good call. My hope is that Jon puts this team through the ringer in the non-conference this year. If we are who we think we could be, that'll give us the ammo needed to leave no doubt on Selection Sunday. If we're going to play young, better to break the team in early.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

I am biased because I live in Manhattan about 10 minutes from MSG, but, I think they really like the history and central location of MSG. Though interestingly, the east regional is in Newark next year so there is something to be said for playing the NY area game there. We played several non-conference games at Brendan Byrne/Continental Airlines/Izod, and Newark is actually easier to get to as it is a short walk from Penn Station Newark.

Or Rutgers, with their top recruits for next year they should be a decent team.

Why shouldn't the ACC be totally cynical and, a la the Big 12, just play very weak teams and accept the 9-10 NCAA bids that result?

Let’s try to schedule UConn in the New York area game!

Quote Originally Posted by kidA View Post
    Let’s try to schedule UConn in the New York area game!
    We absolutely should.

This is beyond next season's schedule but interesting. The Big 12-Big East Challenge is ending after the 2024-25 season. ACC teams need to beef up their schedules. What about an ACC-Big 12 or ACC-Big East Challenge in addition to the ACC-SEC Challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    This is beyond next season's schedule but interesting. The Big 12-Big East Challenge is ending after the 2024-25 season. ACC teams need to beef up their schedules. What about an ACC-Big 12 or ACC-Big East Challenge in addition to the ACC-SEC Challenge?
    Who has the TV rights for the Big12 and the Big East?

Quote Originally Posted by dlmzzz View Post
    Who has the TV rights for the Big12 and the Big East?
    I believe the Big 12 is tied in with ESPN and Fox while the Big East is tied to Fox.

But I believe I read that the Big East might be moving to CBS.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I am biased because I live in Manhattan about 10 minutes from MSG, but, I think they really like the history and central location of MSG. Though interestingly, the east regional is in Newark next year so there is something to be said for playing the NY area game there. We played several non-conference games at Brendan Byrne/Continental Airlines/Izod, and Newark is actually easier to get to as it is a short walk from Penn Station Newark.
    The South region is in Atlanta next year so either way is pretty convenient. The 1st/2nd rds are in Raleigh so hopefully we can take advantage of that.

Quote Originally Posted by DBKilby View Post
    The South region is in Atlanta next year...
    Everyone crashes at Jason's house!!!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?