Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 1261
  1. #61
    I need another DBR persona so I can finally go spork myself.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    I need another DBR persona so I can finally go spork myself.
    Oh. I've been told to go spork myself many times.

  3. #63
    Yeah. I've gotten more than a few Spork You's over the years. 😎

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington DC
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Steven talking with his wife in July 2019: “Hey, hon, you know that Duke Basketball forum that you think I foolishly waste time reading and posting on? Well, I’m thinking of creating a second persona on there and naming it “DukeBlueForever” or “UNCsucks” or “SouthernDukie” or some other ludicrously stereotypical name.”

    Wife: “Steve, tell me you’re joking.”

    Steven: “I’m 100% not joking. I think it would be fun to create this whole other persona so that “Steven43” and this fake guy could banter back and forth and have entire conversations. Plus, I could compliment the fake guy and he could do the same for me. It would give me more street cred on DBR.”

    Wife: (eye roll) “Whatever.”

    Steven: “I could make up all kinds of stuff for this guy, including political commentary. I’m thinking of having him be from Florida. You know, to enable me to play off of the whole Florida Man thing? I’ll have him comment on things like how many Trump signs he sees, and Trump boat rallies and stuff.”

    Wife: “But you despise Trump.”

    Steven: “Well, yeah, but that’s the whole point. It would both show that lots of Floridians are lunatics and also it would draw a clear distinction between me and this fake persona so that nobody suspects I created “him”. I worry about posters like Mountain Devil catching on to my ruse. He’s pretty sharp, and seems to have lots of time to spend on DBR. And he’s had it in for me ever since we got into a petty argument about Marques Bolden after his Duke debut against Maine in December of 2016. Remember? I was at that game in Cameron.”

    Wife: “Why would I remember you attending a game against Maine seven years ago? And who the f#%k is Mountain Devil??”

    Steven: “Look, forget I brought it up. Let’s just get into the hot tub and listen to that iTunes “2010s Hits Essentials” playlist while drinking Dos Equis.”

    Wife: “Okay, that sounds a lot better than talking about that stupid Duke Basketball site.”

    Steven: “Hey, you went to Duke Med and did a surgery internship at Duke Hospital. Show some respect for crissakes.”

    Wife: “That is completely unrelated to this conversation.”

    Steven: “ �� “.
    I’m in Mnt Devil’s camp and believe this to be historical record. Thanks for documenting it!

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Maged View Post
    My family thinks it's weird when I say, "I don't watch cable news. I get all the news I need from DBR."
    I tell my family the same thing... sports, politics, economy, international events, science, EV's, and everything else...

  6. #66
    I'm not sure to what degree we are joking, and I acknowledge we are way off topic - however, I found DBR to be incredibly helpful during the COVID outbreak.

    There was so much misinformation flying around, and a handful of people on this forum were more useful than all the websites and news broadcasts I could devour.

    I will be endlessly thankful.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    I need another DBR persona so I can finally go spork myself.
    Exactly!

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I'm not sure to what degree we are joking, and I acknowledge we are way off topic - however, I found DBR to be incredibly helpful during the COVID outbreak.

    There was so much misinformation flying around, and a handful of people on this forum were more useful than all the websites and news broadcasts I could devour.

    I will be endlessly thankful.
    I totally agree about the COVID outbreak. And DBR continues to provide information of current COVID status, vaccinations, RSV, flu, symptoms, etc. which are very helpful.

  9. #69
    I for one was not joking. I find many of the Off Topic threads to be very interesting and provocative. Like sitting around a dorm room until 2 in the morning which I used to do in college.

    I apologize for topic derailment.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Steven talking with his wife in July 2019: “Hey, hon, you know that Duke Basketball forum that you think I foolishly waste time reading and posting on? Well, I’m thinking of creating a second persona on there and naming it “DukeBlueForever” or “UNCsucks” or “SouthernDukie” or some other ludicrously stereotypical name.”

    Wife: “Steve, tell me you’re joking.”

    Steven: “I’m 100% not joking. I think it would be fun to create this whole other persona so that “Steven43” and this fake guy could banter back and forth and have entire conversations. Plus, I could compliment the fake guy and he could do the same for me. It would give me more street cred on DBR.”

    Wife: (eye roll) “Whatever.”

    Steven: “I could make up all kinds of stuff for this guy, including political commentary. I’m thinking of having him be from Florida. You know, to enable me to play off of the whole Florida Man thing? I’ll have him comment on things like how many Trump signs he sees, and Trump boat rallies and stuff.”

    Wife: “But you despise Trump.”

    Steven: “Well, yeah, but that’s the whole point. It would both show that lots of Floridians are lunatics and also it would draw a clear distinction between me and this fake persona so that nobody suspects I created “him”. I worry about posters like Mountain Devil catching on to my ruse. He’s pretty sharp, and seems to have lots of time to spend on DBR. And he’s had it in for me ever since we got into a petty argument about Marques Bolden after his Duke debut against Maine in December of 2016. Remember? I was at that game in Cameron.”

    Wife: “Why would I remember you attending a game against Maine seven years ago? And who the f#%k is Mountain Devil??”

    Steven: “Look, forget I brought it up. Let’s just get into the hot tub and listen to that iTunes “2010s Hits Essentials” playlist while drinking Dos Equis.”

    Wife: “Okay, that sounds a lot better than talking about that stupid Duke Basketball site.”

    Steven: “Hey, you went to Duke Med and did a surgery internship at Duke Hospital. Show some respect for crissakes.”

    Wife: “That is completely unrelated to this conversation.”

    Steven: “ �� “.
    Probably the best post you’ve ever composed here. Of course, that makes it sound even moreso like what you wrote is the truth. 🤣

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Yeah. I've gotten more than a few Spork You's over the years. ��
    I see we're being punished.

    I believe it's an unwritten board rule that any worthy veer away from the main topic must eventually devolve into a punfest. . Unwritten rules rule.
    Last edited by camion; 11-18-2023 at 12:06 AM.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    I need another DBR persona so I can finally go spork myself.
    Don’t risk it. You’ll go blind.

  13. #73
    Our guy, Zion Williamson, has played in 10 of his team’s 12 games this season and is averaging 22 pts, 6.3 reb, and 4.4 ast. I would think those numbers put him at or very close to All-Star level.

    Don’t believe the naysayers. Zion is one of the best players in the NBA.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Our guy, Zion Williamson, has played in 10 of his team’s 12 games this season and is averaging 22 pts, 6.3 reb, and 4.4 ast. I would think those numbers put him at or very close to All-Star level.

    Don’t believe the naysayers. Zion is one of the best players in the NBA.
    Almost all of his stats are down from previous seasons.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Almost all of his stats are down from previous seasons.
    Zion is playing a couple fewer minutes per game than previous seasons, yet his assists are up. And defenses have adjusted a bit to his offensive moves and are better able to defend his shot.

    Regardless, he’s at All-Star level, and that’s the point I was making.

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazieDUMB View Post
    His antics likely cost his team a RING in 2016 when he punched Lebron and got suspended!
    LOL, the NBA wanted a 7th game and it was LeBron so bogus suspension. They lost game 7 because Harry Barnes when 0-10 (that's 10 shots, hit ZERO). Of course it's always nice when UNCheat players have appropriate games but it sucked that it cost Curry a ring.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Our guy, Zion Williamson, has played in 10 of his team’s 12 games this season and is averaging 22 pts, 6.3 reb, and 4.4 ast. I would think those numbers put him at or very close to All-Star level.

    Don’t believe the naysayers. Zion is one of the best players in the NBA.
    I've watched a few of those games. Zion can still score, it's not like he's devoid of skill he once had. But he is not playing at this previous level. I hope he ramps up as the season goes on, he's incredible.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    LOL, the NBA wanted a 7th game and it was LeBron so bogus suspension. They lost game 7 because Harry Barnes when 0-10 (that's 10 shots, hit ZERO). Of course it's always nice when UNCheat players have appropriate games but it sucked that it cost Curry a ring.



    I've watched a few of those games. Zion can still score, it's not like he's devoid of skill he once had. But he is not playing at this previous level. I hope he ramps up as the season goes on, he's incredible.
    I’m expecting Zion to get better and better as the season goes on….if he can avoid a significant injury. He missed most of last season with a hamstring injury, so he started the season behind the eight ball; you can’t just magically and instantly make up for all of that lost game action.

    As to him not playing to his previous level I haven’t watched any of his games this season, so my assessment is based only on highlights. But he still looks like Zion to me. And his numbers are All-Star level, so……. 🤷

    And yeah, I concur 100% with your take on the 2016 Finals.

  18. #78
    Anybody else watching the Boston at Indiana in-season tournament quarterfinal game? First of all, the court is visually mind blowing. Second, this is an intense, exciting game.

    Celtics lead 36-35. Highly recommend you check it out.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Anybody else watching the Boston at Indiana in-season tournament quarterfinal game? First of all, the court is visually mind blowing. Second, this is an intense, exciting game.

    Celtics lead 36-35. Highly recommend you check it out.
    Fun first half. I continue to be impressed with Hauser’s performance, and Kornet is stepping up vs an undersized opponent.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Anybody else watching the Boston at Indiana in-season tournament quarterfinal game? First of all, the court is visually mind blowing. Second, this is an intense, exciting game.

    Celtics lead 36-35. Highly recommend you check it out.
    i gotta disagree about the court, in fact i find all of the in-season tounament courts repulsive.

Similar Threads

  1. 2023-2024 Duke MBB Preseason Thread
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 426
    Last Post: 11-03-2023, 11:10 PM
  2. 2023-2024 Duke MBB Minutes Prediction Thread
    By DukieInBrasil in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-15-2023, 01:40 PM
  3. 2023-2024 Roster
    By JGDUKE2008 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 02-11-2023, 05:56 AM
  4. NBA General Discussion Thread 2017
    By pfrduke in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 11-07-2017, 04:13 PM
  5. NBA 2014-15 General Discussion Thread
    By pfrduke in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 129
    Last Post: 02-13-2015, 05:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •