Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazieDUMB View Post
    His antics likely cost his team a RING in 2016 when he punched Lebron and got suspended!
    That was quite possibly the most bogus suspension in sports history. LeBron James deliberately provoked him, and even after being provoked Green barely did anything. I’ve hit my grandmother harder than that in a pick-up basketball game.

That suspension was the league taking a cheap opportunity to try and prolong the series that the Warriors were about to close out in five games. I’m still upset about it.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazieDUMB View Post
    Ugh he's (Green) by far my least favorite player.
    Newsflash: James Harden is still in the NBA! 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Newsflash: James Harden is still in the NBA! 😉
    Not even close. I dislike Harden, but Draymond is still at the top (or bottom) of the list.

Well, I think it only fair and appropriate that your wife weigh in on this one. Self-claimed hotness is generally a dubious proposition.

But regardless, you’re a damn good poster — lots of takes, lots of enthusiasm and energy, congenial personality. We appreciate you being on DBR, SouthernDukie. 😊

Plus, you’re a Celtics fan. Huge bonus points for that!
    Thanks, Steven. You keep things interesting as well. Glad you are a part of DBR. It wouldn't be the same without you, fellow Celtics' fan.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Thanks, Steven. You keep things interesting as well. Glad you are a part of DBR. It wouldn't be the same without you, fellow Celtics' fan.
    I haven't said this in awhile, but this particular thread makes me want to revisit my "SouthernDukie and Steven43 are the same user" conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I haven't said this in awhile, but this particular thread makes me want to revisit my "SouthernDukie and Steven43 are the same user" conspiracy theory.
    If they are the same person there is, by definition, no conspiracy. 🤯

Just wait till a new poster named “Sybil from Boston” starts agreeing with them

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Whoaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Just wait till a new poster named “Sybil from Boston” starts agreeing with them
    Whoaaaaa
    You guys are great! Good stuff there! But no, I promise you we aren't the same person. Remember, Steven loves the Cowboys. I could never, even to pull off a conspiracy, root for them. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    He even put out a social media post chastising those advocating for him to change, saying some b.s. that Draymond knows best...at how to be Draymond. That's kinda the point dipsh*t, your violence-prone antics are the problem, and people want you to change that before a) you get kicked out of the profession you're in and then you whine about how unfair it all is or b) seriously hurt someone and possibly end up witha criminal conviction. But DiB, you say, Draymond's not at risk of criminal prosecution, he's an athlete! If either Jordan Poole or Rudy Gobert (and many, many others) had not been on a basketball court when Draymond a) punched them in the face b) put them in a chokehold c) punched them in the nuts or otherwise threw elbows, feet, knees into their bodies, criminal charges would be highly warranted. His behavior borders on sociopathic, in that he has no regard for the bodily integrity of others and only values how he interprets a situation.
    I particularly liked the part of his post that stated I was mediocre at my job. What a loser, man. One of my least favorite players to ever play professional sports.

Steven talking with his wife in July 2019: “Hey, hon, you know that Duke Basketball forum that you think I foolishly waste time reading and posting on? Well, I’m thinking of creating a second persona on there and naming it “DukeBlueForever” or “UNCsucks” or “SouthernDukie” or some other ludicrously stereotypical name.”

Wife: “Steve, tell me you’re joking.”

Steven: “I’m 100% not joking. I think it would be fun to create this whole other persona so that “Steven43” and this fake guy could banter back and forth and have entire conversations. Plus, I could compliment the fake guy and he could do the same for me. It would give me more street cred on DBR.”

Wife: (eye roll) “Whatever.”

Steven: “I could make up all kinds of stuff for this guy, including political commentary. I’m thinking of having him be from Florida. You know, to enable me to play off of the whole Florida Man thing? I’ll have him comment on things like how many Trump signs he sees, and Trump boat rallies and stuff.”

Wife: “But you despise Trump.”

Steven: “Well, yeah, but that’s the whole point. It would both show that lots of Floridians are lunatics and also it would draw a clear distinction between me and this fake persona so that nobody suspects I created “him”. I worry about posters like Mountain Devil catching on to my ruse. He’s pretty sharp, and seems to have lots of time to spend on DBR. And he’s had it in for me ever since we got into a petty argument about Marques Bolden after his Duke debut against Maine in December of 2016. Remember? I was at that game in Cameron.”

Wife: “Why would I remember you attending a game against Maine seven years ago? And who the f#%k is Mountain Devil??”

Steven: “Look, forget I brought it up. Let’s just get into the hot tub and listen to that iTunes “2010s Hits Essentials” playlist while drinking Dos Equis.”

Wife: “Okay, that sounds a lot better than talking about that stupid Duke Basketball site.”

Steven: “Hey, you went to Duke Med and did a surgery internship at Duke Hospital. Show some respect for crissakes.”

Wife: “That is completely unrelated to this conversation.”

Steven: “ �� “.
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 11-17-2023 at 11:50 AM.

Steven talking with his wife in July 2019: “Hey, hon, you know that Duke Basketball forum that you think I foolishly waste time reading and posting on? Well, I’m thinking of creating a second persona on there and naming it “DukeBlueForever” or “UNCsucks” or “SouthernDukie” or some other ludicrously stereotypical name.”

Steven: “I’m 100% not joking. I think it would be fun to create this whole other persona so that “Steven43” and this fake guy could banter back and forth and have entire conversations. Plus, I could compliment the fake guy and he could do the same for me. It would give me more street cred on DBR.”

Steven: “I could make up all kinds of stuff for this guy, including political commentary. I’m thinking of having him be from Florida. You know, to enable me to play off of the whole Florida Man thing? I’ll have him comment on things like how many Trump signs he sees, and Trump boat rallies and stuff.”

Steven: “Well, yeah, but that’s the whole point. It would both show that lots of Floridians are lunatics and also it would draw a clear distinction between me and this fake persona so that nobody suspects I created “him”. I worry about posters like Mountain Devil catching on to my ruse. He’s pretty sharp, and seems to have lots of time to spend on DBR. And he’s had it in for me ever since we got into a petty argument about Marques Bolden after his Duke debut against Maine in December of 2016. Remember? I was at that game in Cameron.”

Wife: “Why would I remember you attending a game against Maine seven years ago? And who the f#%k is Mountain Devil??”

Steven: “Look, forget I brought it up. Let’s just get into the hot tub and listen to that iTunes “2010s Hits Essentials” playlist while drinking Dos Equis.”

Wife: “Okay, that sounds a lot better than talking about that stupid Duke Basketball site.”

Steven: “Hey, you went to Duke Med and did a surgery internship at Duke Hospital. Show some respect for crissakes.”

“You must spread some Comments…”

I can't spork this, but I wish I could.

Well played.

Major error to correct. My first sentence in post #51 should have said: Steven talking with his wife in July 2019. I mistakenly put 2009.

Please, somebody with powers much greater than mine, go back and edit that for me. 🙏

P.S. I hope y’all noticed that on Wednesday night the Celtics visited Philadelphia and beat the 76ers by 10 points. I celebrated the next day by having a Philly cheesesteak for lunch. 🍀

Major error to correct. My first sentence in post #51 should have said: Steven talking with his wife in July 2019. I mistakenly put 2009.

Please, somebody with powers much greater than mine, go back and edit that for me. 🙏

P.S. I hope y’all noticed that on Wednesday night the Celtics visited Philadelphia and beat the 76ers by 10 points. I celebrated the next day by having a Philly cheesesteak for lunch. 🍀
    I'm just charmed that you called me "pretty sharp."

Please, somebody with powers much greater than mine, go back and edit that for me. ��
    Fixed... and even though that post was sheer delight, I'm very bothered by how much of it sounds like a few hundred conversations I have had with my wife over the years. Do you have a video camera hidden in my home?
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Fixed... and even though that post was sheer delight, I'm very bothered by how much of it sounds like a few hundred conversations I have had with my wife over the years. Do you have a video camera hidden in my home?
    You talk to your wife about what a pest I am? That tracks.

That was quite possibly the most bogus suspension in sports history. LeBron James deliberately provoked him, and even after being provoked Green barely did anything. I’ve hit my grandmother harder than that in a pick-up basketball game.

That suspension was the league taking a cheap opportunity to try and prolong the series that the Warriors were about to close out in five games. I’m still upset about it.
    Perhaps. But there was also a strong case that Draymond should have been suspended in the Western Conference Finals, which GSW won in 7 after being down 3-1. Was the league taking a cheap opportunity then to ensure a Warriors-Cavs series?

My family thinks it's weird when I say, "I don't watch cable news. I get all the news I need from DBR."

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Strike up the “Jason is also Steven and Southern” conspiracy talk!