Page 26 of 61 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    Last night the Boston Celtics did not attempt a single free throw. It's being reported as the first time in NBA history a team has had zero free throw attempts.

Here's the box score.

Interestingly Milwaukee attempted only two free throws.

If it's true that no team has ever had zero free throw attempts before, then a total of 2 free throws in the game must be the NBA record (or at least tie the record).
    So, that's the freedom of movement the NBA has gone to. No need to call fouls.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Amazing that just two weeks ago we were all talking about how Zion and the Pels were pushing hard for the #4 seed in the Western Conference. Even with BI out with an injury, they were flying high (literally in some highlights). But unfortunately things have gone south quickly. The Pelicans have now lost 4 in a row and 5 out of their last 6. And this in on a season-ending home stand. They are now looking at the 7th seed and a play-in game. I'm surprised at how, in just two weeks time, they have gone from being potential contenders in the West (Yes, Kendrick Perkins had them as his legit sleeper) to now being on the verge of going out early in the playoffs. Oh, and their remaining schedule ain't chopped liver. They could slip even further.
    Thank you for this post, Southern, for since then the Pelicans have won two games in a row ó including handily beating Phoenix on the Sunsí home court with Zion going wild: 29 pts, 10 reb, 7 ast, and 5 blocked shots! And btw, New Orleans now has a one-game lead on Phoenix with three to play.

Hey buddy, what are you planning for your next trick?!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Thank you for this post, Southern, for since then the Pelicans have won two games in a row ó including handily beating Phoenix on the Sunsí home court with Zion going wild: 29 pts, 10 reb, 7 ast, and 5 blocked shots! And btw, New Orleans now has a one-game lead on Phoenix with three to play.

Hey buddy, what are you planning for your next trick?!
    Last night was indeed HUGE for the Pelicans. If they can keep that one game lead on Phoenix they'll have that 6 spot sewed up and avoid the play-in. It will not only allow Zion some rest before the playoffs, but it will give BI that much more time to reintegrate with the team after being out for several weeks now. Here's hoping they can finish strong and stay out of the play-in tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    So, that's the freedom of movement the NBA has gone to. No need to call fouls.

GoDuke!
    The Celtics shot 52 3s in that game, and the Bucks shot a ton of them too. This particular game is still an outlier with only 12 total fouls (!) called, but Iíd expect it to be low in a game where neither team was attacking the rim.

The Pelicans are completely choking away their chance to be the 6th seed and in the playoffs proper. Getting destroyed by the Lakers at home in New Orleans. This will make them the 7th seed (because it appears Phoenix is going to easily beat Minnesota today), and they end up having to play the Lakers again as the 8th seed. Right now I donít see much hope for this team going forward. Looks like we may have an early exit early exit for Zion and BI before the playoffs even begin. Sad.

The Pelicans are completely choking away their chance to be the 6th seed and in the playoffs proper. Getting destroyed by the Lakers at home in New Orleans. This will make them the 7th seed (because it appears Phoenix is going to easily beat Minnesota today), and they end up having to play the Lakers again as the 8th seed. Right now I donít see much hope for this team going forward. Looks like we may have an early exit early exit for Zion and BI before the playoffs even begin. Sad.
    The pelicans have been a terrible match for the lakers all season. We needed an athletic rim protector all season and the team never addressed it. Now itís going to be yet another play in game. This team is too good to be settling for that. Itís time for Willie Green to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_Wilson View Post
    The pelicans have been a terrible match for the lakers all season. We needed an athletic rim protector all season and the team never addressed it. Now it’s going to be yet another play in game. This team is too good to be settling for that. It’s time for Willie Green to go.
    It really is the worst possible scenario for them. The Lakers will beat them again in the play in game. Then they’ll probably be forced to have to play the Warriors, who will likely also beat them at home. A 3 game losing streak at the end of the season, and not even make it into the playoffs proper, is very possible. If that happens I agree that Green has got to go.

It really is the worst possible scenario for them. The Lakers will beat them again in the play in game. Then theyíll probably be forced to have to play the Warriors, who will likely also beat them at home. A 3 game losing streak at the end of the season, and not even make it into the playoffs proper, is very possible. If that happens I agree that Green has got to go.
    Obviously the lack of a rim protector is on the front office not the coach, but Willie has underachieved, and his in game management of the roster is abysmal. Case in point- todays insistence on playing nance over Valanciunas while the Pelicans get humiliated in the paint. He seems like a great guy and a great players coach but they need a tactician to get them to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_Wilson View Post
    Obviously the lack of a rim protector is on the front office not the coach, but Willie has underachieved, and his in game management of the roster is abysmal. Case in point- todays insistence on playing nance over Valanciunas while the Pelicans get humiliated in the paint. He seems like a great guy and a great players coach but they need a tactician to get them to the next level.
    100% agreed. I was shocked to see him playing Nance over Valanciunas. Just couldn't believe that decision. And they did indeed get crushed on the boards. I now think they lose to the Lakers again, and then to either the Warriors or the Kings for the 8th spot. Hope they prove me wrong, but I wouldn't bet one red cent on them advancing to the Playoffs.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    HA! Free chicken for everyone!

Boban Marjanović is a man of the people.
    The Houston Rockets center purposefully gave fans at Crypto.com Arena a rare yet iconic parting gift in their season-ending win over the Los Angeles Clippers on Sunday afternoon. He gave them free chicken.

Marjanović intentionally missed a pair of free throws in the fourth quarter of the Rockets’ 116-105 win over the Clippers, which allowed for the common in-game promotion to hit.
    Video included in the link.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/boban-m...035642807.html
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I had to turn that game off. The Pelicans didn't even show up. Sure you can say the Lakers are bad match up for them but that can be overcome with good play and effort. I love watching Zion play but he was awful at the beginning of that game (I turned it off but I think he went 4/13). I don't know if it's LBJ or Davis but Zion just doesn't play like he's capable against the Lakers (or at least he hasn't in the games I've seen this year).

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I had to turn that game off. The Pelicans didn't even show up. Sure you can say the Lakers are bad match up for them but that can be overcome with good play and effort.
    Not in this forum, you can't.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Play-in games start tonight. I would love for NO to win and then the Lakers play GS for the final playoff spot. Seems the Kings are too banged up to be a threat to GS.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Play-in games start tonight. I would love for NO to win and then the Lakers play GS for the final playoff spot. Seems the Kings are too banged up to be a threat to GS.
    That's the dream for sure. Make sure at least one big bad takes out the other.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    It would be sweet if the Lakers could lose to the Pelicans and then lose to the GSW.

If I'm the GSW, I think I want the Lakers to win. GS would much rather face the Pelicans than the Lakers (especially with NBA/Refs favoring the Lakers).

Of course the Lakers and Pelicans just want to win that first game and be in.
    I would really love to see Zion play a few playoff games. I have to admit both games I've watched where the Pelicans played the Lakers, Zion played really badly. Hope that changes.

Good first quarter with NO leading 34-26 behind Zionís 10. Ingram looks solid. Russell with 13 for the Lakers.

Competitive game. Need better outside shooting. Canít let Lakers go on 12-0 runs. McCollum missed about his last 6 shots.
    Last edited by heyman25; 04-16-2024 at 08:25 PM.

Fun game for sure. Come on PelicansÖ.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Zion is locked inÖ
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Competitive game. Need better outside shooting. Canít let Lakers go on 12-0 runs.
    *%@! Lakers shooting the lights out from 3.