Page 30 of 64 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Zion definitely rose to the moment. Very frustrating that he got hurt, but dropping 40 and impacting every aspect of the game was stupendous. Hopefully heíll be back for the Kings game.

Really proud of Zion last night. He really played great and it just sucked when he got hurt. Would have loved to see how that game played out if he was able to keep going. I know some people don't like it when FT disparities get called out. I'll just say this: check the box score and see how many fouls LBJ picked up last night.

Klay Thomopson was 0-10 last night. He was bad from the second he stepped on the floor and the GSW never really got it going. In his prime Klay was one of the leagues best shooters and a very good defender (basically a great 3 and D guy). When I watch him play these days, he's just a guy that likes to shoot when he's on the floor. When he's on, he's great when he's not...well he's the guy that went 0-10 last night. When I see Sabonis play I think that he would be a good replacement for Draymond Green (note, I have no idea what any of their contracts look like...I'm just talking about his play).

With Klay and Green aging out (and Curry likely not too far behind them) it'll be interesting to see what happens with the GSW.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    With Klay and Green aging out (and Curry likely not too far behind them) it'll be interesting to see what happens with the GSW.
    Dunleavy is in a horrible spot. He either has to be the guy who breaks up the dynasty, or the guy who presides over its continuing decline.

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Dunleavy is in a horrible spot. He either has to be the guy who breaks up the dynasty, or the guy who presides over its continuing decline.
    Yeah he's got some tough choices to make. With Klay, I wouldn't pay him. If wants to stick with the team on a sweetheart deal, I'd have him back as a gunner off the bench. Wiggins was weird this year too, he can be such a difference maker on both ends of the floor but he missed a lot of time and never looked like he was 100%. It was good to see Jackson-Davis play so well but I'm a little biased because his Dad, Dale Davis, was at Clemson when I was there. I don't know Green's contract status either but his play has declined some and his antics are tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Yup Bob Myers knew what he was doing--built the dynasty, then bowed out before he had to be the guy to break it up. Dunleavy is left holding the bag with no clear way to a soft landing.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    With the nationwide boom in sports betting (I mean until this year I'd never heard so many game reports bookended with betting odds) there will likely be more Jontay Porters. This especially is true when a few well placed bets (or info for them) can earn the player as much or more as his salary. It's likely not tempting for the big dogs making millions, but for the guys under $500k, they will find it tempting.

Jontay's been banned for life from the NBA today.

https://sports.yahoo.com/jontay-port...162005615.html
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    With the nationwide boom in sports betting (I mean until this year I'd never heard so many game reports bookended with betting odds) there will likely be more Jontay Porters. This especially is true when a few well placed bets (or info for them) can earn the player as much or more as his salary. It's likely not tempting for the big dogs making millions, but for the guys under $500k, they will find it tempting.

Jontay's been banned for life from the NBA today.

https://sports.yahoo.com/jontay-port...162005615.html
    Totally agree. This is another can of worms that could create a lot of challenges.

It should be noted that Jontay's older brother Michael has past and future contracts totaling almost $200 million, so if Jontay's salary doesn't adequately support his desired lifestyle, I'm guessing his brother could have topped him off rather than him risking his career.

That being said, your point is a very good one and there will be many other cases where there is not a rich brother and the player determines that the risk is offset by the reward.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Totally agree. This is another can of worms that could create a lot of challenges.

It should be noted that Jontay's older brother Michael has past and future contracts totaling almost $200 million, so if Jontay's salary doesn't adequately support his desired lifestyle, I'm guessing his brother could have topped him off rather than him risking his career.

That being said, your point is a very good one and there will be many other cases where there is not a rich brother and the player determines that the risk is offset by the reward.
    One comment on X I saw said that he did ok by "working smarter not harder" since one of the bets was made at 80K and earned over a million.
    That would have been fine and dandy, but the folks at DraftKings flagged it and didn't pay up. Hard to beat the system!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Sorry, Zion, but I have to quote Bill Russell. When Wilt Chamberlain took himself out of a game 7 between the Lakers and Celtics, the victorious Russell said, "You have to play in this situation, even if you're hurt badly."

I just want to give a big old fashioned Boooooooooh to you and your Bill Russell quote. Zion played a magnificent game. He gave his all and was visibly upset when he got injured. He winced and pulled his shirt over his head. He knew he could not go on.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    I just want to give a big old fashioned Boooooooooh to you and your Bill Russell quote. Zion played a magnificent game. He gave his all and was visibly upset when he got injured. He winced and pulled his shirt over his head. He knew he could not go on.
    I respect Bill Russell immensely.

I also remember Grant Hill's career and what it might have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Yep. I probably deserve it.

Jimmy Butler injured his knee and is out for the forseeable future. That's it for Miami. Even if they get by the Bulls, they have no shot vs Boston without Butler.

Same for Zion and the Pels. Even if they get by the Kings, they have no shot vs OKC without Zion.

What a shame the playoffs are already being affected significantly by injuries to essential players.

Looking like the Lakers are getting short on oxygen.

Celtics up by 20 on the Heat midway through the third quarter. Need to continue pouring it on and really pummel these guys.

Go Cís!! 🍀

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Celtics up by 20 on the Heat midway through the third quarter. Need to continue pouring it on and really pummel these guys.

Go Cís!! 🍀
    LOL. They were up by 34 points with about 9 minutes to go in the fourth-quarter. Now that lead is down to 15 with about 4 to go. This is why they will not win an NBA championship. Too casual, too many careless turnovers from Tatum and Brown, and not enough of a killer instinct.

They will win this game because they were up too much to not win it. But this is the kind of stuff that will keep them from being a champion.

I hate the Miami Heat. They’re not just physical, they’re dirty. Really can’t stand this team! I hope a few of those cheap shots jumpstart Tatum, and the Celtics, into taking things more seriously.

I so wish Porzingis could have stayed healthy and played like this for the Mavs- heís become one of my favorite non-Duke players

Heat wouldíve had a real chance in this series but down 2 starters including Butler? No way. Just donít have the horses without those two guys.

Either the Clippers play great defense or the Mavs are really off on offense- every possession is a slog

Ingram just put the Zionless Pelicans up 2 with 3:30 left in game 1 versus the Thunder.