Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
    Marques Bolden started for the Hornets last night. He played 30 minutes with six points and five rebounds in a loss to the Celtics (who were playing none of their stars). Nice to see Marques getting significant playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Marques Bolden started for the Hornets last night. He played 30 minutes with six points and five rebounds in a loss to the Celtics (who were playing none of their stars). Nice to see Marques getting significant playing time.
    A couple of blocks too. I always thought he was a very underrated shot blocker.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    Zion's had a very nice season, played a career high in games for a season, continued to develop a dynamic role as PZ (Point Zion), and remained healthy throughout the whole year (hopefully easing concerns about his "fragility"). I think the Pels' early strategy of resting him on the 2nd day of back-to-backs paid off. I can't see any difference externally, but people say he's more chiseled now than at the start of the season, so perhaps his conditioning has improved too.
    He's said to have lost 25 pounds since his embarrassing performance against the Lakers in the in-season tournament. He looks 25 pounds lighter to me and has been more active on both ends of the court. It's just not right that Cadeau and Bacot have been featured more in national commercials recently than Zion. I would love to see him lead a playoff run and remind the country of his phenomenal talent.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Very cool for Bolden, who has clearly worked exceptionally hard and has now seen action for 3 different NBA teams.

SMDH @ the Hornets, though, who lost by 30+ points to a Celtics team that sat its entire starting lineup AND its 6th man. When we get cocky around here we talk about how our bench could beat other college teams - the Celtics actually DID it - and won by 30!

Bolden is having a great game right now for the hornets. 14 points on good shooting as they hang tight with the Cavs. He’s going tit for tat with their bigs. He just stuffed Mobley at the Third Quarter buzzer. One quarter to go, I really hope this buys him a future with the hornets going into next season.

Grayson goes 3 for 3 today from 3, scores 20, and he wins the 23-24 3-point percentage crown at 46.1%. Luke was second at 45.0. Luke has won it the past two seasons, meaning our guys have won three years in a row.

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/3pt...ders-2023-2024

Quote Originally Posted by Hartford Dukie View Post
    Grayson goes 3 for 3 today from 3, scores 20, and he wins the 23-24 3-point percentage crown at 46.1%. Luke was second at 45.0. Luke has won it the past two seasons, meaning our guys have won three years in a row.

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/3pt...ders-2023-2024
    Fantastic accomplishment for Grayson this year. And I'd note he regained his starting spot as well. Hoping for great things in the playoffs for him.

Wish the Pelicans had a better path.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Wish the Pelicans had a better path.
    They be in serious trouble now. Personally, I wouldn’t at all be surprised if they lost both “Play In” games and were bounced before the playoffs even got started in earnest. Sigh… And to think that just 3 weeks ago they were in position to be the #4 seed in the West.

Woj Bomb -

Grayson Allen signs 4-year, $70 million contract extension with the Suns:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/39947612/grayson-allen-agrees-4-year-70m-extension-suns

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    Woj Bomb -

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/39947612/grayson-allen-agrees-4-year-70m-extension-suns
    Great. Allen has worked really hard and has continued to improve. There were an awful lot of people from other fanbases who took great joy in predicting that Allen was going to be a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Meany View Post
    Great. Allen has worked really hard and has continued to improve. There were an awful lot of people from other fanbases who took great joy in predicting that Allen was going to be a bust.
    White males in particular seem to derive great pleasure from hating on Duke players who resemble them. I think it’s an expression of self-hatred. But who knows? It’s weird. 🤷

Woj Bomb -

It's such a great fit for Grayson. Lots of attention on Book and Durant allow Greyson to kill teams when they sag off of him. Congrats to Grayson for grabbing that cheddar.

This year, Grayson had the highest TS% in NBA history for players 6'6" or shorter (minimilum 500 FGAs) - 67.9%

He led the league in 3P%, but also shot an 57% from 2, and 87.8% from the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartford Dukie View Post
    This year, Grayson had the highest TS% in NBA history for players 6'6" or shorter (minimilum 500 FGAs) - 67.9%

He led the league in 3P%, but also shot an 57% from 2, and 87.8% from the line.
    Not a bad showing by the runt of the litter coming in.

Woj Bomb -

I would like to direct the board to a post I made about a month ago --

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    There are three letter that are very, very important for Grayson right now.

U F A

He will be an unrestricted free agent this summer and is coming off a career year where he has shown himself to be one of the most valuable outside shooters in a league that really, really values outside shooting. He's making $8.5 mil this season. I suspect he will more than double his salary and likely land a 3 or 4 year deal.
    I predicted he would sign a 3 or 4 year deal at more than $17 mil per season. Grayson signed a 4 year deal at $17.5 mil per season.

I could have been an agent, I'm telling ya!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

That will put him at around 100 million dollars career earnings at the end of the four years. Plus he got his Duke degree…Not bad.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    That will put him at around 100 million dollars career earnings at the end of the four years. Plus he got his Duke degree…Not bad.
    Grayson and Tyus in a race to see who will earn the most money from the 2015 team. Current standings --
    1. Tyus Jones - $61.4 mil, free agent this summer likely to sign a contract in the $12-16 mil/season range
    2. Justise Winslow - $44.5 mil, currently in the G-League and it seems possible his NBA career may be close to over
    3. Grayson Allen - $28.3 mil, signed a 4-year $70 mil extension that begins next season
    4. Jahlil Okafor - $21.5 mil, not currently on a NBA roster
    5. Quinn Cook - $6.6 mil, not currently on a NBA roster
    6. Amile Jefferson - $1.5 mil, coaching with Celtics, no longer a professional basketball player
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    White males in particular seem to derive great pleasure from hating on Duke players who resemble them. I think it’s an expression of self-hatred. But who knows? It’s weird. 🤷
    I haven't seen any negativity towards Grayson since he arrived in Phoenix. Maybe it is time we all move on.
    Last edited by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15; 04-15-2024 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Grayson and Tyus in a race to see who will earn the most money from the 2015 team. Current standings --
    1. Tyus Jones - $61.4 mil, free agent this summer likely to sign a contract in the $12-16 mil/season range
    2. Justise Winslow - $44.5 mil, currently in the G-League and it seems possible his NBA career may be close to over
    3. Grayson Allen - $28.3 mil, signed a 4-year $70 mil extension that begins next season
    4. Jahlil Okafor - $21.5 mil, not currently on a NBA roster
    5. Quinn Cook - $6.6 mil, not currently on a NBA roster
    6. Amile Jefferson - $1.5 mil, coaching with Celtics, no longer a professional basketball player
    I would have predicted Winslow would be at the top of this list, crazy. I'll always wonder if he had gone to the Celtics (who apparently were very high on him) if his career would have turned out differently.