Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    4th and 16. Haunts my dreams and will for years to come.
    it's right up there with the Halloween nightmare for me...late-mid season, on the verge of a spectacular season - turning it into something far less, but still good.....and yet, we'll always wonder "what if" about both of those seasons. At least I will, and do, wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    it's right up there with the Halloween nightmare for me...late-mid season, on the verge of a spectacular season - turning it into something far less, but still good....and yet, we'll always wonder "what if" about both of those seasons. At least I will, and do, wonder.
    I may never escape 4th and sixteen. I remember begging us to rush four.

The moral? Don't abandon the strategy that made 4th and sixteen possible.

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post

As a Chargers fan until they left San Diego, I wouldn’t hold on too hard to lost moments like that.

Don’t get me wrong — giving up that first down was catastrophic. That type of thing (and other stuff like intercepting another team to seal a playoff victory, but failing to slide and subsequently fumbling) can profoundly impact a season. But a successful program overcomes the setback.

I guess I’m saying that my hope is that Duke FB will recover from letting the ND win slip through their fingers, will still look back on this season as successful, even if not as successful as possible, and that all of that will lead to more success next year and in the future.
    Carolina delenda est

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    As a Chargers fan until they left San Diego, I wouldn’t hold on too hard to lost moments like that.

Don’t get me wrong — giving up that first down was catastrophic. That type of thing (and other stuff like intercepting another team to seal a playoff victory, but failing to slide and subsequently fumbling) can profoundly impact a season. But a successful program overcomes the setback.

I guess I’m saying that my hope is that Duke FB will recover from letting the ND win slip through their fingers, will still look back on this season as successful, even if not as successful as possible, and that all of that will lead to more success next year and in the future.
    This is remarkably mature and well reasoned, which makes it pretty likely that most people will either ignore it or dismiss it.

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post

THIS...so so so THIS! I was yelling at the TV screen NO NO NO....meanwhile, Kirk Herbstreit was literally congratulating the Duke coaches on continuing to be aggressive...AS we were shifting into an absurd version of prevent IMO...

Haunting...like "this could ONLY happen to Duke football" kind of haunting...

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    This is remarkably mature and well reasoned, which makes it pretty likely that most people will either ignore it or dismiss it.
    QED.

The injury status is so frustrating for the fans 😡
    I hear it’s sensitive to give info to a future opponent but hard to believe it really impacts a game plan ..
    Anyway, the generic “upper body “ “ day to day “ is so lame
    We have had so many of these injury vigils but I recall much more detail
    Remember the Kyrie Irving toe ?
    A few undergrads used to chime in with class / quad sightings-one reported seeing one of the injured in a frisbee toss !

Quote Originally Posted by Dopeshop View Post
    The injury status is so frustrating for the fans ��
    I hear it’s sensitive to give info to a future opponent but hard to believe it really impacts a game plan ..
    A few undergrads used to chime in with class / quad sightings-one reported seeing one of the injured in a frisbee toss !
    If you don't think that the team would prepare differently for Riley then they would for Loftis, then I can't help you.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Elko said in the postgame press conference that they knew all week that Riley would be out, and Loftis practiced with the first team all week. I certainly understand why they wouldn’t announce that, and give our opponent a heads up. He also confirmed that Riley would be out for an extended period going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Dopeshop View Post
    The injury status is so frustrating for the fans ��
    A few undergrads used to chime in with class / quad sightings-one reported seeing one of the injured in a frisbee toss ![/https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKE wjds4aM16qCAxX2F1kFHbcBC2MQFnoECAYQAQ&url=https%3A %2F%2Fwww.scacchoops.com%2Facc-football-injury-report&usg=AOvVaw1hM-u5siAvZFeH8LMYEfyY&opi=89978449

This is only link I’ve found for ACC football injuries. We generally provide very little info and Graham Barton has not been listed.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...Y&opi=89978449

Better link
    Last edited by Bob Green; 11-04-2023 at 12:57 PM.

I really do understand why it’s done but still always hoping for more detail ..