View Poll Results: Will you pull for unc to beat Ohio State in the Challenge?

Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll
  • No way! GTHC!

142 79.78%
  • Yes, I will be pulling for UNC in this situation.

21 11.80%
  • I don't really care who wins.

12 6.74%
  • Undecided. I have yet to make up my mind.

3 1.69%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pulling for the Tarheels?

In the ACC/Big-Ten thread, someone posted that this was the one night we Duke fans can pull for the Tar Heels "without reservation."

I, EarlJam, will most certainly NOT be pulling for unc. No way. Was wondering about the sentiments of others on this board, hence, the poll.

-EarlJam

I respect their program and some of their players, but I cannot imagine any team that I would not pull for over the heels, ever!

Lets go Ohio State!

GTHC GTH!

Couldn't fess up to it, eh!

Hell no. We won't go!

For personal reasons, I wish bad things for OSU athletics. I'll be pulling for the meteor. If fire doesn't rain from the sky, I'll begrudgingly take OSU.

No way I'm pulling for the Holes.

Seriously, why would Duke want the Holes to beat OSU?

Even if the Challenge comes down to who wins that game (possible), I'll be pulling for tOSU. I couldn't care less about the conference. UNC can burn in hell, though.

This gets my vote

Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    For personal reasons, I wish bad things for OSU athletics. I'll be pulling for the meteor. If fire doesn't rain from the sky, I'll begrudgingly take OSU.
    Having grown up with a Michigan alum for a Father, it goes against my upbringing to root for OSU. I can't root for UNC either, so I am rooting for either the meteor (but no injuries) or a tie.

I am all about the ACC, and to be honest if it came down to Carolina winning either winning it for the ACC or Carolina losing losing it for the ACC I would be probably pull for Carolina. Having said that, GTHC! There are NO fans on earth who annoy me more than Carolina fans... whiney little group who complain that we play cupcakes and then copy our schedule the next year, insisting that they play a tough schedule, or insist that they would try to injure one of our players who accidently wacked one of theirs in a game and none of the people ACTUALLY INVOLVED care anymore. Yeah. They can go right to hell.

I put "pulling for unc" for the following reasons.

1. At WVU, we have a severe distaste for OSU.
    2. Dislike Carolina, too, but would like ACC to win the Challenge again.

While I may want UNC to win this game (and this game only), I won't watch it.
    ~rthomas

Being from Michigan and growing up a Wolverines fan, and having gone to Duke, I hate Ohio State and UNC more than any other team on the face of the earth. I never root for either of them, and I will not root for either of them tonight. I hope they BOTH lose!
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Never.

May the ACC win all games but one

I reconcile my hatred for UNC and my love for the ACC by hoping that all ACC teams except UNC win their Challenge games. That way the ACC beats the Big Ten like a drum and UNC goes home unhappy, which is the best of both worlds.

Go ACC! Go to hell, Carolina, go the hell!

M. Tullius

Could UNC and THE Ohio State University switch conferences for the night? That way I'd be much less conflicted.

never can pull for the 'holes. one of the reasons i never enter into a tournament pool. I always pick them to lose in the first round.
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

I was born in Michigan raised in Kentucky & Ohio. I am a Duke grad. Three strong rivalries run in my family, but my allegiances all fall on these lines:

UM > OSU
    Duke > UNC
    UofL > UK

I respect UNC but I have little respect for OSU. I pull for most ACC teams (Exception is UMd. Reference: 'Boozer bottle incident' at the 'Gone in 54 seconds' game), therefore, I'm pulling for UNC.

what a REDICKulous question. 9F

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    I reconcile my hatred for UNC and my love for the ACC by hoping that all ACC teams except UNC win their Challenge games. That way the ACC beats the Big Ten like a drum and UNC goes home unhappy, which is the best of both worlds.

Go ACC! Go to hell, Carolina, go the hell!

M. Tullius
    I really like this scenario very much long time.

-EarlJam

Sooner pull for the Russians than UNC

I've said it before; I'll say it again. I'd pull the Russians (Soviet Union in the past) over UNC.

Teton jack

I didn't even need to read the context of the original post. Never, ever ever will I root for the Heels.