Page 67 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1955
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Three outs to go!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

One more inning

3 quick outs on to the 9th!

No idea how theyíre playing through this but 3 outs to go. Honestly should just call this game

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Deluge soaking the field.
    The game's official. Call it.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Two outs to go
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Now one. Let's go NoOne, let's go!

If no one finishes this , duke will have a very rested pen on Saturday. One out away

Welp there goes the shutout. 8-1 now

Crap...Duke won't blank the Wuffies. Almost a 2 run homer. (RBI double instead)

Thatís a Blue Devil winner!
    Bob Green

WOOO!!!

Love how pitching is set up for the weekend. Johnson Saturday with a rested bullpen, and possibly Santucci if we make the finals.

Healy being healthy now bodes well for the NCAAs

RPI climbs to #18 after the win. I still think Duke is the top #2 seed with the win behind MS State as I type. My "S-curve" would be #16 MSU, #17 Duke, #18 Wake, #19 ECU. Duke is 3-1 on the road against our local friendly rivals, and ECU just lost to the Shockers today. You can criticize my thinking in the link below since it has Q1, etc. data really handy.

Selection Data Link: https://www.warrennolan.com/baseball/2024/rpi-live

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    RPI climbs to #18 after the win. I still think Duke is the top #2 seed with the win behind MS State as I type. My "S-curve" would be #16 MSU, #17 Duke, #18 Wake, #19 ECU. Duke is 3-1 on the road against our local friendly rivals, and ECU just lost to the Shockers today. You can criticize my thinking in the link below since it has Q1, etc. data really handy.

Selection Data Link: https://www.warrennolan.com/baseball/2024/rpi-live
    Miami being the semifinal opponent instead of Clemson is probably worse for our rpi, but does increase our shot at another acc title at which point we probably have a solidshot to host I imagine

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    Miami being the semifinal opponent instead of Clemson is probably worse for our rpi, but does increase our shot at another acc title at which point we probably have a solidshot to host I imagine
    I alluded to this above. At what point are we at "performance now" over RPI? Because the line I'm seeing is very thin, and we're crossing it with each movement forward given that it's tourney time.

Friggin' hilarious

UNC Baseball team in the outfield stands helped get Obie's HR reviewed

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7W7UzwM..._web_copy_link

If you can't see it, they show a bunch of dudes standing giving the HR sign and they turned out to be on the UNC team. Funny interview w/ Obie and Pollard

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I alluded to this above. At what point are we at "performance now" over RPI? Because the line I'm seeing is very thin, and we're crossing it with each movement forward given that it's tourney time.
    Baseball still values stuff that basketball now ignores. Conference tournament, injuries, rain outs (like Q2 games with Georgetown and Charleston). My cheering list is Duke, Wake (today only), and KY/TN. I'm not a fan of MSU (double elimination), ECU, Vandy, and LSU. You just know they will pair our regional with UNC or UK for the Supers with the hope some fans get confused and think it's a basketball game.

Quote Originally Posted by jwillfan View Post
    UNC Baseball team in the outfield stands helped get Obie's HR reviewed

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7W7UzwM..._web_copy_link

If you can't see it, they show a bunch of dudes standing giving the HR sign and they turned out to be on the UNC team. Funny interview w/ Obie and Pollard
    As we often forget, there isn't the hate between the players that fans have. Go Deacs. I like that UNC probably has to face the top 2 starters in the ACC to win.

Wake had a 4-0 lead. Chase burns struck out 15 in six innings. Then their bullpen came in and itís 4-4

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    Wake had a 4-0 lead. Chase burns struck out 15 in six innings. Then their bullpen came in and it’s 4-4
    Both teams suck. Cheaters lead 5-4 in the 9th.