Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Tallonís fastball is just too flat. Cutter anyone?

Blue Devils and Yankees fall apart at the end. At least I won my parlay.

I know the Miller injury hurts this team, but Duke had 2 bad losses in the NCAA's view this week. Most ACC teams sweep Pitt. RPI at 25 is clearly a 2 seed, but there's a lot of tough games ahead.

Pollard did a nice job yesterday in game 2 getting the guys to play smallball in the 9th. It's a personal pet peeve of mine when everybody swings for the fences in a close game in the 9th. It rarely works.

If the ACCT started today...

1-8-12 Clemson-Wake-Miami
    4-5-9 Duke-VT-GT or Louisville (VT, GT future opponents)
    2-7-10 UNC-NCSU-GT or Louisville (UNC future opponent)
    3-6-11 FSU-UVA-BC (FSU future opponent)

Note that Duke wins that tiebreaker right now because VT is 0-0 against Duke and UVA.

Duke remains at #6 in the Baseball America poll.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Pollard challenged the second play of the game, saving an error from Nard. Otherwise the bases would have been split with no outs.
    Now it's just a Gardner Webb runner on 1st with 2 outs. (After a flyout from the 3rd batter.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    First ends zip-zip. For the last out, Gracia hit one deep to the warning track for a fly out, but just before that he fouled it.
    Announcer says "foul tip into the catcher's mitt". Why's that not an out? I mean if he hits it foul, and it's caught, it's an out, so why isn't that caught foul tip an out?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Miller injury status ?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    First ends zip-zip. For the last out, Gracia hit one deep to the warning track for a fly out, but just before that he fouled it.
    Announcer says "foul tip into the catcher's mitt". Why's that not an out? I mean if he hits it foul, and it's caught, it's an out, so why isn't that caught foul tip an out?
    Its complicated. It has to do with the distinction between a foul ball and a foul tip.
    https://www.theoleballgame.com/why-i...ed-an-out.html
    Last edited by DoubleBlue; 04-16-2024 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dopeshop View Post
    Miller injury status ?
    Apparently he injured his hand last Tuesday 4/9 against W&M:

"This came without star third baseman Ben Miller, who injured his hand in the teamís midweek game against William and Mary." https://www.dukechronicle.com/articl...bee-ben-miller

Still tied squat to squat in the 4th.

GWU has the bases loaded, 2 outs, facing a 3-1 count from Nard.

Edit...walk scores GWU's first run.

1-0 bad guys.

Duke gets out of the 4th only down 1. With the bases loaded...whew.

Duke scores as the inning ends. Duke is challenging that Obee was out at third, which would mean that Duke leads 2-1 instead of tied 1-1.

I missed how it resolved because I'm cooking dinner, but obviously not in Duke's favor. Game is still 1-0 GWU, not tied.

Long story short, the out was recorded before Stone crossed the plate.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    Apparently he injured his hand last Tuesday 4/9 against W&M:

"This came without star third baseman Ben Miller, who injured his hand in the team’s midweek game against William and Mary." https://www.dukechronicle.com/articl...bee-ben-miller
    I guess I missed the point. Miller was hit by a pitch in the hand in B3 in that game and was pulled from the game.

https://forums.dukebasketballreport...76#post1714876

I don't see any injury status from the team yet. Hopefully its just a bruise otherwise it would probably be announced.

Duke better get bats going. Losing to 13-22 Garner Webb is a good way to play yourself out of an opportunity to host a regional.

11 LOB thru 7 innings.

Knight makes it 2-1 Duke B8.

FINALLY got a hit with runners on base