Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    good news

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Wow!
    So without knowing much about this year's upcoming team, what are the pollsters looking at that gets us up there?
    I am fine you. Great respect for Pollard but so much to replace in infield especially.

Duke opens up the season this weekend with a round robin event in Conway, SC.

Duke will open against Indiana at 11 am tomorrow. Indiana was 46-20 last year and made the NCAA tournament.

Saturday Duke will play George Mason, also at 11 am.

Duke will play host 18th ranked Coastal Carolina on Sunday at 3 pm.

All games can be seen on ESPN+

Quote Originally Posted by Luke102452 View Post
    Duke opens up the season this weekend with a round robin event in Conway, SC.

Duke will open against Indiana at 11 am tomorrow. Indiana was 46-20 last year and made the NCAA tournament.

Saturday Duke will play George Mason, also at 11 am.

Duke will play host 18th ranked Coastal Carolina on Sunday at 3 pm.

All games can be seen on ESPN+
    According to game notes, entire infield are transfers. 3 freshman recruits starting - 2 in OF, 1 DH.

I'm looking forward to following the team again this season. It is 62 degrees and partly cloudy in Conway, SC. Looks like weather will cooperate all weekend.
    Bob Green

got us a few all Ivy transfers among other transfers...great niche for Duke...

Indiana link: https://iuhoosiers.com/watch/?Live=4365&type=Live

It's game time! It looks like Duke does not have a radio broadcast this weekend because Chris Edwards calls WBB first. IN is above. CCU also has a local radio link that I can post Sunday. I have to go to the panhandle of Florida tomorrow so you're on your own for GMU radio if such thing exists.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    got us a few all Ivy transfers among other transfers...great niche for Duke...
    Is that market going to largely dry up once the bonus covid years expire? I assume that is why it is particularly fruitful for us - everyone gets an extra year and Ivies don't let you stay for a fifth year, so it is an easy win for Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post

It's game time! It looks like Duke does not have a radio broadcast this weekend because Chris Edwards calls WBB first. IN is above. CCU also has a local radio link that I can post Sunday. I have to go to the panhandle of Florida tomorrow so you're on your own for GMU radio if such thing exists.
    This is the country music station in Bloomington that also broadcasts games. I'm not enjoying this pregame, but the CBS link isn't working for me.
    Not recommended link: https://www.mainstreamnetwork.com/li...tation=whcc_fm

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post

It's also on ESPN+
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

0-0 after 1.5 innings. The Indiana pitcher has been very impressive. He has a great curve ball.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Is that market going to largely dry up once the bonus covid years expire? I assume that is why it is particularly fruitful for us - everyone gets an extra year and Ivies don't let you stay for a fifth year, so it is an easy win for Duke.
    Any Ivy redshirt would be the same. The rest depends on Admissions.

0-0 after 3.

Real pitching duel here, with only Indiana with a single hit after 3.5 innings. Were not striking out a lot at least so hits should be coming?

Duke leads 1-0 after Clark 2B. Top of the order. 2 out.

Hits and a run! 1-0 duke top 5 on back to back doubles!

Bullpen warming as Santucci is losing it. Walk and a single with one out and hes not getting whiffs right now.

Or throwing strikes

6-4-3 double play gets Santucci out of it! Duke up 1-0 through 5. I imagine well go to the pen now

Nice double play. Duke keeps 1-0 lead after 5. My hunch is Santucci is done given this is game #1 and he's at ca. 85 pitches.

pitch count is close to 90
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Stone HR makes it 2-0.