Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Highly recommend the latest podcast. For me, it was the best pod so far.

Second

Quote Originally Posted by azzefkram View Post
    Highly recommend the latest podcast. For me, it was the best pod so far.
    It's really fun. For me, the highlight was when Kyle asked Ryan what his high school recruiting ranking was. I won't give away the correct answer. (Ryan didn't know.)

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    It's really fun. For me, the highlight was when Kyle asked Ryan what his high school recruiting ranking was. I won't give away the correct answer. (Ryan didn't know.)
    Yes… especially the reactions by both Ryan and Flip. Also Flip’s Duke basketball trivia questions for Ryan. Really fun stuff.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    New ep is up with Ryan interviewing the one and only Jon Scheyer!

Digging into it now, but you quickly get the sense that Jon is NOT someone who is afraid to speak his mind, especially on the things he's passionate about. I'll leave it at that to avoid the conversation devolving into something best left for the OT board.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    New ep is up with Ryan interviewing the one and only Jon Scheyer!

Digging into it now, but you quickly get the sense that Jon is NOT someone who is afraid to speak his mind, especially on the things he's passionate about. I'll leave it at that to avoid the conversation devolving into something best left for the OT board.

There's already a third party summary.

Fayetteville Observer: Duke basketball coach Jon Scheyer discusses 'different' Blue Devils on podcast

It took nearly 80 days, but Duke basketball coach Jon Scheyer finally made an appearance on the Brotherhood Podcast.

The weekly podcast is hosted by Blue Devil center Ryan Young and includes interviews with former and current Duke players and coaches. Ahead of his second year as the Blue Devils’ leader, Scheyer joined the show as Young’s latest guest.

Listeners can find the episode on Spotify and iTunes or watch the video version on Duke’s YouTube channel. Here are five highlights from the interview.

What Duke basketball's Jon Scheyer remembers about his first year, first game

(...)

Blue Devils bring back plenty of experience

(...)

How will Duke basketball look different this season?

(...)

Duke’s scheduling philosophy

(...)

Scheyer’s thoughts on conference realignment, the ACC’s future

(...)

Jeff Mullins from Lexington Kentucky 44 hanging up in Cameron. Scheyer should educate his team about Dick Groat Art Heyman Jack Marin Mike Lewis Bob Verga Randy Denton Gary Melchionni Tate Armstrong Jim Spanarkel Gene Banks Kenny Dennard

Scheyer

Really loved this episode. Reminded me why I think Scheyer was such a great choice to be Duke's head coach. The rapport he has with Ryan is fantastic.

Really loved this episode. Reminded me why I think Scheyer was such a great choice to be Duke's head coach. The rapport he has with Ryan is fantastic.
    Totally agree. You get the sense that this year‘s version of the brotherhood really is a family. They all seem to get along with such sincere positive energy. I am so excited for the season!
    Go Duke! 9F

Ryan does such a great job in these interviews. I would say he has a future on ESPN but he's much too smart to deal with most of those talking faces.

As a Durham resident, I'm just bummed that he named Gocciolina. It's great and already hard to get a table sometime

Episode 14 is now available, and Grant Hill is the guest. He was in Durham for Board of Trustees business last weekend, but he had a little time to talk.

Actually, he had a lot of time to talk. At 1 hour 10 minutes, it's the longest episode yet.

I watched the whole thing. It covers a lot of ground because Grant does a lot of things: USA Basketball, broadcasting, NBA ownership, plus his experiences as a college and pro player.

Fastest 70 minutes of my life. What a great pod.

Quote Originally Posted by azzefkram View Post
    Fastest 70 minutes of my life. What a great pod.
    I totally agree. GREAT interview... Grant is a treasure.

I just caught up on the past two episodes featuring 9th Wonder and Grant Hill.

As a fan of the program, I know 9th Wonder by reputation only and encourage all fans to listen to this interview because aside from being a really smart and interesting guy that has walked a non-traditional path to the Duke faculty, I think his affiliation with the program is really unique and powerful. Here's his wiki page
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9th_Wonder

As for Grant, what really smacked me between the eyes is that for a kid that grew up with tremendous privilege, he has taken every opportunity afforded to him and achieved incredible things at barely past 50 years old. NBA Hall of Famer, part owner of the Atlanta Hawks, part of the top broadcast team for CBS College hoops that gets to call the Final Four, the Chairman of USA Basketball, a Duke trustee, an esteemed and respected art collector...and that's just what I know. It's really incredible. When you combine talent with hard work with privilege with high character...I mean...the ceiling is the floor.

New Episode Up

The Captains! Get it here -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVCcxgO7x0k -- or wherever you get your podcasts.

The Captains! Get it here -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVCcxgO7x0k -- or wherever you get your podcasts.
    Someone should tell Tyrese Proctor not to take the "Cap" moniker so literally.

captains.jpg

Random observation: has Ryan Young been hiding his better side? In these videos, he usually looks to his right, and not his left.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    has Ryan Young been hiding his better side? In these videos, he usually looks to his right, and not his left.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    I've been behind on the podcast with my hectic life of late, but listening to Grant's episode. Funny story about him talking about Battier, and how he "recruited" him to Duke while Grant was in Detroit with the Pistons... Grant and Shane actually did a youth basketball camp together while I was a kid (I must've been 6 or 7) that I went to, and I got a shirt singed by the pair of them. Have it framed and hanging in my office now, along with a shirt I got signed by J-Will while I was on campus. I guess you could say it was predestined that I'd be a Blue Devil from that point forward...
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

I listen to this Brotherhood podcast and the DBR podcast on my iPhone in the Apple Podcast app. This is the first one that hasn’t been uploaded yet. I hope this is not a trend…

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    I've been behind on the podcast with my hectic life of late, but listening to Grant's episode. Funny story about him talking about Battier, and how he "recruited" him to Duke while Grant was in Detroit with the Pistons... Grant and Shane actually did a youth basketball camp together while I was a kid (I must've been 6 or 7) that I went to, and I got a shirt singed by the pair of them. Have it framed and hanging in my office now, along with a shirt I got signed by J-Will while I was on campus. I guess you could say it was predestined that I'd be a Blue Devil from that point forward...
    Which point forward, Grant Hill or Shane Battier? I'm guessing Grant, as he brought the ball up the court more often than Shane. Indeed, Shane never averaged more than 2.1 assists a season at Duke, while Grant topped that number all four years.

(Not trying to start an argument here. I should know better than to define Shane by his stats alone.)