Thread: K Academy

K Academy

Lots if Twitter pics and news on K Academy this week. Can anyone who attended this in the past share experiences? Considering it for the bucket list.

Thanks!

K Academy - Yes!!

This year was my sophomore season. Clearly if I came back for a second year, I am not providing unbiased advice on whether you should go.

I had been considering attending K Academy until I read Sarah Goswick's blog post from her first year - https://kacademy.com/this-is-life-in-color/. After reading it (yes, all of it) I knew I would forever regret it if I never went. Her post is long, but well worth reading. And it was great meeting her at K Academy 2021 and being able to tell her how important that blog post was to me being there.

When I went in 2021 I thought I would go once to check it off my bucket list. But after that first year, I knew I would be back. The best thing about K Academy is how friendly and welcoming everyone is. Coach K and everyone makes everyone feel like they are part of the family - no matter what your skill level. It was lots of fun this year going back and being able to talk with folks I had just texted or emailed over the last 20 months.

So, my recommendation would be to definitely add it to your bucket list.
    Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

david

This article also has some useful info for rookies - https://davidmckinnis.com/2022/05/20...okie-should-k/

I laughed until I almost cried at Coach Lucas on the sidelines. Especially; Whoa Scotty, Whoa Scotty, Whoa Scotty. Link on front page. Worth a watch. Tyrese on there as well.

GHoDuke!

I was at one of the first K Academies and Wojo (still on staff at Duke) was coaching on crutches. He was a few days into recovering from some surgery to his knee. He got so mad at one of the refs that he threw down his crutches and hopped on one leg to mid court to yell at the ref. I don’t recall whether or not he got T’d up. Classic Wojo! Everyone takes the games seriously, especially the former players. It’s an awesome experience for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by dukefan1980 View Post
    I was at one of the first K Academies and Wojo (still on staff at Duke) was coaching on crutches. He was a few days into recovering from some surgery to his knee. He got so mad at one of the refs that he threw down his crutches and hopped on one leg to mid court to yell at the ref. I don’t recall whether or not he got T’d up. Classic Wojo! Everyone takes the games seriously, especially the former players. It’s an awesome experience for sure!
    This is my memory of Wojo coaching at K Academy... from 2013. As you say, Classic Wojo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvCU7-TdfwM

p.s. [I wasn't there... I just remember this video from back then]

Jeremy Roach

Anyone else notice Jeremy Roach in a walking boot? Any news there? Obviously it shouldn’t be a huge concern being we are months away from the start of the season but wondering if he’s not participating in summer drills and how that could affect chemistry on a crowded backcourt.

Quote Originally Posted by aivroadstr View Post
    Anyone else notice Jeremy Roach in a walking boot? Any news there? Obviously it shouldn’t be a huge concern being we are months away from the start of the season but wondering if he’s not participating in summer drills and how that could affect chemistry on a crowded backcourt.
    it's been stated that it's precautionary to keep his toe happy. Evidently not a big deal (unless it proves to be). We never get full info on injuries, that's for sure.