Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Christian Reeves

I wanted to start his own thread because there is so much being said about him in speculation of what he will contribute this season.

In fairness to him, having an injury to his foot had to hamper his progress to some degree. So, maybe the staff is going to get a good look at him during these June workouts to determined where he stands in the rotation.

I do feel that he has some ability as he played and started for Oak Hill and he did show something during last years Blue & White scrimmage, but then again that is just an inner quad event.

Quote Originally Posted by KKDL19 View Post
    I wanted to start his own thread because there is so much being said about him in speculation of what he will contribute this season.

In fairness to him, having an injury to his foot had to hamper his progress to some degree. So, maybe the staff is going to get a good look at him during these June workouts to determined where he stands in the rotation.

I do feel that he has some ability as he played and started for Oak Hill and he did show something during last years Blue & White scrimmage, but then again that is just an inner quad event.
    I'm hoping he can be a factor next season. We didn't see much of him last year, maybe because of injury or maybe because the Lively/Young combo at the 5 position was just too good.

Has Duke ever had 3 star center recruit make significant contributions as a soph?
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Has Duke ever had 3 star center recruit make significant contributions as a soph?
    Well it's an incredibly small sample size. Duke's last three star recruit was Jordan Goldwire in 2017 who saw his minutes increase steadily, with biggest jump his junior year. I realize he was a guard. If looking only at front court, it was Vrank and JRob in 2015. I went all the back to 2003 and that's all I could find as it relates to 3 star front court recruits.

I thought he was a 4-Star?! Besides, he had the #1 recruit in the nation ahead of him in Lively, who will be a lottery 12 or higher pick. I’m glad you started this thread because I think Reeves may be the ultimate X factor especially on defense. The few minutes I saw him play he had good footwork and spacing and athleticism. I think he can be a major difference maker coming off the bench or more. Would like to see him play more just to see what he can do.

After watching Braun [who was ranked something like 147 ]play for Denver I think anything is possible. Come Feb/Mar I expect him to be a good player for Duke

Just work hard. Do the proper rehabilitation. Go to work Christian Reeves. Jefferson is a good big man coach. Just get healthy no more reinjury. Roach by the way was wearing a boot.

Foster and McCain Will benefit

Lenny Friedman started as a sophomore for Duke in 1996 and was 1st team All ACC as a senior. He played guard at Duke but did play a lot of center as a pro after getting drafted in the 2nd round of the 1999 draft.

https://web.archive.org/web/20070929...aspx?id=27060

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    Lenny Friedman started as a sophomore for Duke in 1996 and was 1st team All ACC as a senior. He played guard at Duke but did play a lot of center as a pro after getting drafted in the 2nd round of the 1999 draft.

This took me a bit to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    This took me a bit to figure out.
    It’s the off season, so I had a little time on my hands…

It’s the off season, so I had a little time on my hands…
    sophisticated bank shot. Back when Duke football recruited the Garden State, something it is doing again.

Nice!
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

I liked what I saw from Reeves last year. He played well in the situations he was placed in, and did not seem overwhelmed. He played better than any of the other non-rotation players, IMO...

Well

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    I liked what I saw from Reeves last year. He played well in the situations he was placed in, and did not seem overwhelmed. He played better than any of the other non-rotation players, IMO...
    He never played, except in mop up time. I'm optimistic he can be a significant contributor at some point in his Duke career, but I didn't see anything that made me think it will be this year.

I have no idea what Reeves will do and am happy to wait and see, but the fixation on number of recruiting stars doesn't mean much to me...I dunno, talking about predicting everyone's minutes, ppg, I'm pretty happy to sit back and see what happens because there is always unexpected stuff, injuries, it doesn't seem worth the bother.

Reeves looked all world during the Blue/White scrimmage. I'm going to ride with that first impression until I die! Considering Tone Vrankovic's stellar play against UNC in the 2019 ACC tournament and JRobb's emergence as a key player late in 2020, hopefully Scheyer will discovered this uncut gem earlier in his career. This dude will play in the NBA! (I am manifesting)

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Reeves looked all world during the Blue/White scrimmage. I'm going to ride with that first impression until I die! Considering Tone Vrankovic's stellar play against UNC in the 2019 ACC tournament and JRobb's emergence as a key player late in 2020, hopefully Scheyer will discovered this uncut gem earlier in his career. This dude will play in the NBA! (I am manifesting)
    Highlights from the blue/white game. Free throws look good...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlAYlFik9Bw

yea, now if Reeves can bring that to games... Duke doesn't need to look for a 5

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    You know, I actually have been holding onto this exact memory of Christian Reeves also! I remember being pretty impressed by his play during Countdown to Craziness. So much so that I thought he would get spot rotation minutes during the regular season along with Ryan Young.

Here's to hoping he takes a huge step towards contributing next season!

The thing that no one knows is WHEN he injured his foot and HOW much the injured negatively impacted his play.