Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Princeton attackman Alex Slusher is grad-transferring to Duke with two years of eligibility remaining. He was hampered by injuries in 2023, but scored 46 goals in 2022.

I can see him filling a role similar to the one filled by Schelling this year, running out of the box and inverting against shorties.

Nice article on former Blue Devil J.T. Giles-Harris.

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/usa-i...y-as-they-come

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Princeton attackman Alex Slusher is grad-transferring to Duke with two years of eligibility remaining. He was hampered by injuries in 2023, but scored 46 goals in 2022.

I can see him filling a role similar to the one filled by Schelling this year, running out of the box and inverting against shorties.
    Excellent addition; a two year puzzle-piece. If he stays healthy, he will fill that hole next year and more importantly—the start of the post-O’Neill/Williams era.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjonson View Post
    Excellent addition; a two year puzzle-piece. If he stays healthy, he will fill that hole next year and more importantly—the start of the post-O’Neill/Williams era.
    Further on Slusher…last summer in the World/Under 21 tournament in Ireland, he was 2d in scoring (14/8) on the US team, behind Brennan ONeill (18/7).

Further on Gonzalez…Amherst transfer…FWIIW: he is 6’4” 250 attack…size of Sam Handley…but skill?. I have no idea whether he can move out of the X, that is a lot of mass/potential momentum on the lacrosse field, perhaps a possible plug-in for Leadman.

Just googled him. Interesting facts:

He is 5-9, 180 so on the smaller side
    From the lax hotbed of Portland, Oregon
    3.93 GPA at Princeton. Not bad. What happened to the other 0.07?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post

From the lax hotbed of Portland, Oregon
    You could put him with McAdorey and Balsamo to make up a midfield unit and call it the Smurf Patrol.

>>From the lax hotbed of Portland, Oregon<<
    Peter Baum says hello.

Hotshot sophomore attackman at my HS (five goals in the regional semis today) wears number 34. Maybe he’d like to follow in Brendan’s footsteps, although he’s built more like Dyson.

Remember the name Jack Frers.
    BBL Strong! #WeBuildLacrossePlayers

Hotshot sophomore attackman at my HS (five goals in the regional semis today) wears number 34. Maybe he’d like to follow in Brendan’s footsteps, although he’s built more like Dyson.

Remember the name Jack Frers.
    Just saw this post and did some googling - your alma mater beat my alma mater in the Quarters of North Jersey Group 4.

#RoarCougarsRoar

Just saw this post and did some googling - your alma mater beat my alma mater in the Quarters of North Jersey Group 4.

#RoarCougarsRoar
    Our defense has really stepped it up in the tournament, averaging 4.5 GA. Helps to have D1 commits in goal and as your top cover guy.

Air quality permitting, Maroons are going for five titles this weekend: baseball, boys and girls lax, and boys and girls track & field.

ICYMI, two more Duke guys will be participating in this month’s world championships: Dyson made Canada’s final 23-man roster, and Mike Adler will be suiting up for Israel.

ICYMI, two more Duke guys will be participating in this month’s world championships: Dyson made Canada’s final 23-man roster, and Mike Adler will be suiting up for Israel.
    Very cool. Max Krevsky from Yale will be playing with Adler- my son is dating Max’s sister so I’ll be cheering for Israel too.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjonson View Post
    Further on Gonzalez…Amherst transfer…FWIIW: he is 6’4” 250 attack…size of Sam Handley…but skill?. I have no idea whether he can move out of the X, that is a lot of mass/potential momentum on the lacrosse field, perhaps a possible plug-in for Leadman.
    judging from the stats page, it appears that Gonzalez didn’t play at all in 2023, but he put up 60 goals as a junior in 2022 in NESCAC, the ACC of D3 men’s lacrosse.

A potentially useful comparable: Max Waldbaum, the Tufts transfer who lit up the Duke defense for four and two in the 2022 loss to Jacksonville (he missed the 2023 game due to injury), had 36 in his last season in the same league.

judging from the stats page, it appears that Gonzalez didn’t play at all in 2023, but he put up 60 goals as a junior in 2022 in NESCAC, the ACC of D3 men’s lacrosse.

A potentially useful comparable: Max Waldbaum, the Tufts transfer who lit up the Duke defense for four and two in the 2022 loss to Jacksonville (he missed the 2023 game due to injury), had 36 in his last season in the same league.
    Gonzalez played in 1+ games in 2023 with 5g/1a….Injured on 3/11/23 v. Tufts (an epic offensive show: 23-21 score—query whether each team used GKs?)…anyway, he reportedly suffered a non-contact knee injury (ACL/MCL??).

#RoarCougarsRoar
    Frers went for two and one, including a BTB on a right-to-left cut, as our boys romped to the state title. Not only does he wear Brennan’s number, he’s left-handed and plays in Brennan’s spot on the low right wing. It’s kinda eerie. 42 goals as a sophomore on a state championship team and that skill-set should get him a lot of recruiting attention this summer.

Dartmouth makes a really good hire.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...ad-coach/61697

IL is reporting that Ierlan has chosen Hop as his grad-transfer destination.

Stephen Stanp, IL’s box pundit, has unveiled the first iteration of his NLL mock draft. As expected, he think Dyson will be taken by Albany with the first overall pick, but he also says Dyson is coming back to Duke.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...-s-next-/61705

I continue to think that Dyson will ultimately end up with Las Vegas, but the precise mechanics of that are undefined for now.

Dave Metzbower is out after nine season as the Cheats’ offensive coordinator. No replacement has been named.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...aps-tuma/61714

He may be a candidate for the vacant head coaching job at Queen’s. If not, somebody will snatch him up.

A shocking piece of coaching-carousel news: per IL, Lehigh head coach Kevin Cassese (who many of us had penciled in at the top of our lists of potential Danowski successors) is leaving to fill the vacant offensive coordinator job at UVa.

I genuinely don’t know what to think about this.