Page 813 of 872 FirstFirst ... 313713763803811812813814815823863 ... LastLast
Results 16,241 to 16,260 of 17432
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Did Ohio change the law after the Dems set their convention date, or did the Dems set their date despite this deadline being on the books already?

The answer to that question answers, for me at least, who is at fault here.
    The Dems set the date with the assumption that Ohio would extend the deadline like in the past (when it affected both parties). They is a saying about people that assume.

On the GOP front, isn't this how the mob works?

Trump campaign asks GOP candidates using Trumpís name and likeness in fundraising to give it a cut

Trumpís campaign managers, Susie Wiles and Chris LaCivita, said in a letter dated April 15, ďBeginning tomorrow, we ask that all candidates and committees who choose to use President Trumpís name, image, and likeness split a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFCÖĒ
    Former President Donald Trump speaks at a rally in Green Bay, Wisconsin, on April 2, 2024.

Related article Trump fundraising intensifies, Democrats post big hauls and other first-quarter takeaways

Wiles and LaCivita added: ďAny split that is higher than 5% will be seen favorably by the (Republican National Committee) and President Trumpís campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.Ē

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Can the story of Trump and J6 get worse? You betcha.

Why was this testimony behind closed doors?

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/0...guard-00152757
    Why does it take almost 4 years to report?

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    The law isn't a technicality.
    When we say of some acquitted criminal defendant who everyone knows is guilty that "He got off on a technicality," we're referring to an aspect of the law used in a way it wasn't intended to be used, or overriding other aspects of the law, or a strict application of law leading to an unjust or absurd result. I didn't introduce the word "technicality" to this conversation, but I think in the context that's precisely what's meant here. The Ohio and Alabama Republican parties are insisting on a strict, technical application of a law that would lead to disenfranchising millions of people and is out of step with the real world and good public policy results, rather than changing or waiving the law as has happened multiple times in the past to allow for a rational and equitable result.

In any event, my point was that there's a qualitative distinction between, on the one hand, making a Constitutional claim that an individual committed insurrection and is therefore ineligible to run for President, and on the other hand, refusing to act in the same bipartisan fashion that state legislatures have acted numerous times in the past to waive a ballot submittal deadline. Maybe if Ohio legislators can articulate why having a deadline that falls on a date prior to the date 3 of the last 7 Democratic National Conventions and 4 of the last 5 Republican National Conventions ended is necessary, and why it's so much more important for them now than it has been in the past (beyond the obvious reason), then there may be a comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    C'mon Kdogg, you have to let him wet his beak. Show some respect. (I'm assuming you're familiar with The Godfather II)
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    The Dems set the date with the assumption that Ohio would extend the deadline like in the past (when it affected both parties). They is a saying about people that assume.

Trump campaign asks GOP candidates using Trumpís name and likeness in fundraising to give it a cut

This joke literally writes itself.

"It is important to protect small dollar donors from scammers that use the presidents name and likeness," said Trump campaign spokeswoman Danielle Alvarez.
    All that's needed is the addendum, "One particular scammer is excluded".

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-dem...225528771.html
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

C'mon Kdogg, you have to let him wet his beak. Show some respect. (I'm assuming you're familiar with The Godfather II)
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post

All that's needed is the addendum, "One particular scammer is excluded".

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-dem...225528771.html
    Wait until he sues Biden and Dems for his cut when they use his name and likeness in their campaign ads and fundraisers.

Maybe heíll transfer if he doesnít get an NIL deal that he likes

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Did Ohio change the law after the Dems set their convention date, or did the Dems set their date despite this deadline being on the books already?

The answer to that question answers, for me at least, who is at fault here.
    The law has been 90 days from the general election. There was no change to mess with the date of the convention.

In years past, the legislature had passed exemptions for that specific election dmfor both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    Maybe heíll transfer if he doesnít get an NIL deal that he likes
    I hear No Labels is looking for a candidate.

Speaking of candidates, conventions, and tickets...Jason, can we have a poll for who will be Trump's running mate? Before it gets close and maybe becomes obvious.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Speaking of candidates, conventions, and tickets...Jason, can we have a poll for who will be Trump's running mate? Before it gets close and maybe becomes obvious.
    We can only do one poll on a thread in this forum so I am going to save the option of adding a poll to this thread.

Instead, I made a free poll here where folks can vote: https://take.quiz-maker.com/poll5170473xf18C4501-156

Who will be Donald Trump's running mate?
    Tim Scott
    Kristi Noem
    Elise Stafanik
    Tulsi Gabbard
    JD Vance
    Vivek Ramaswamy
    Nikki Haley
    Sarah Huckabee Sanders
    Byron Donalds
    Marco Rubio
    Tucker Carlson
    Ron DeSantis
    I should have included an option for "other." Oh well.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    We can only do one poll on a thread in this forum so I am going to save the option of adding a poll to this thread.

Instead, I made a free poll here where folks can vote: https://take.quiz-maker.com/poll5170473xf18C4501-156

No Kari Lake? She no longer considered a viable candidate? I mustíve missed a news bulletin. Though Trump may have her comment ďstrap on a GlockĒ off-putting and too sexually ambiguous. Holster that thing Kari!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    No Kari Lake? She no longer considered a viable candidate? I mustíve missed a news bulletin. Though Trump may have her comment ďstrap on a GlockĒ off-putting and too sexually ambiguous. Holster that thing Kari!
    Canít imagine she would run for both AZ Senator and US VP. If she was the incumbent Senator maybe but not as a challenger.

Canít imagine she would run for both AZ Senator and US VP. If she was the incumbent Senator maybe but not as a challenger.
    I donít think she would have run for Senator if she thought she had a shot at being the VP pick.

My guess is Noem. Sheís more his ďtypeĒ.

Surprised to see votes for Haley.

Thanks, good option. There is going to be a more important subject for the one poll on the thread.

I went with Tim Scott. I don't think he'll go with a woman, with abortion I think the women's vote is set. Scott is suitably obsequious, and he'll try to siphon off some of the black vote from Biden.

I think it will be one of his children, because that's how they do succession in North Korea.

Biden got 17 votes in this Texas county, even less than Clinton 4 years earlier. One woman says of Trump "I don't think he's fit, but I'm voting for him". Her husband says Trump is "most definitely" of "low character...poor morals...poor ethics", but will still vote for him. I don't think Biden will be campaigning here.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...c73ea43b&ei=97

Their county seat is Miami, but they won't even pronounce it correctly. Pretty deep divisions in this country. I can see them saying that they won't vote for Biden, but honestly a little surprised they have these feelings about Trump and will still vote for him.

No Labels has given up. There will be no unicorn to save us from ourselves. Trump or Biden, round 2 it is.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/04/polit...ket/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    No Labels has given up. There will be no unicorn to save us from ourselves. Trump or Biden, round 2 it is.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/04/polit...ket/index.html
    I believe it was a joke tying Trump's tithe request, the NIL fueled free agency in college sports and No Labels unrequited quest for a candidate. By the way well done dudog84.

I believe it was a joke tying Trump's tithe request, the NIL fueled free agency in college sports and No Labels unrequited quest for a candidate. By the way well done dudog84.
    Thank you. I hate having to explain a joke.