Page 33 of 817 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133533 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    It's a horserace, right? Clang! Kari Lake takes the early lead for the VP slot out of the gate!

She received a standing ovation after her speech.

Pretty sure any of us threatening the President (or the Attorney General, or heck just about anyone) like that would be in the pokey right now. Any attorneys care to provide insight?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...419e4512&ei=84

Good that they are going after noted liberal squish Jack Smith. Trying to make him seem like he is anything other than an absolute professional is intellectually dishonest. To put this all back to the horse race, this is yet another off-ramp for the Republican Party for getting rid of Trump...and not surprisingly, they aren't taking it. Only Chris Christie and Mike Pence (of "Hang Mike Pence" fame) are saying how serious these charges are. And they are talking to moderates on DBR and maybe Joe Scarborough.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/08/politics/jack-smith-classified-documents-special-counsel/index.html

Pretty sure any of us threatening the President (or the Attorney General, or heck just about anyone) like that would be in the pokey right now. Any attorneys care to provide insight?
    The law affords latitude to you if you’re pretending to be the Governor of Arizona.

We truly live in the dumbest timeline.

It's a horserace, right? Clang! Kari Lake takes the early lead for the VP slot out of the gate!

That is disgusting. And no, my reaction is not political. If the political parties were reversed it would be equally disgusting.

It does seem that several things would happen within a few months of a Trump re-election: we’d withdraw our support from Ukraine; all federal charges related to January 6 would be dropped; and there would be a significant dismantling/reorganization of some essentially backbone institutions (Justice, FBI, IRS). There would also be serious attacks by the government on individuals who are perceived to be enemies of Trump. I don’t think that’s arguable—Trump has asserted these things. And my impression is that when he threatens an attack, he doesn’t joke.

I’m curious whether swing voters and moderate Republicans take these into consideration, are in favor of these ramifications, or have some other reason to vote for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    I’m curious whether swing voters and moderate Republicans take these into consideration, are in favor of these ramifications, or have some other reason to vote for Trump.
    Is simple, is the vision the democrats have for our country better or worse than Trump?

When I say that, I don't mean what Democrats say they'll do, it's what moderate Republicans and independents think Democrats will do. For many, the democratic agenda is not significantly better than what they think Trump will bring.

Again, it's not what you think Trump will do, it comes down to the opinion of each individual voter.

If they liked Democrats they wouldn't be independent or moderate Republicans,they would already be Democrats.

I AM NOT GETTING INTO SPECIFIC ISSUES ON This, just leaving it generic.

It does seem that several things would happen within a few months of a Trump re-election: we’d withdraw our support from Ukraine; all federal charges related to January 6 would be dropped
    If that’s a certainty, then why didn’t Trump pardon all of them when he was still POTUS?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    If that’s a certainty, then why didn’t Trump pardon all of them when he was still POTUS?
    Simple, they didn't get the job done. This is their punishment for failing.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    When I say that, I don't mean what Democrats say they'll do, it's what moderate Republicans and independents think Democrats will do.
    Absolutely, politicians seldom actually do what they say. History books are much more revealing.

Pretty good chance he would have gotten 25th Amendment’d if he had.

Most hadn't been charged yet, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Most hadn't been charged yet, right?
    Not necessary for a pardon.

Not exactly Kathy griffin and Madonna got away with some things that probably should have landed them in the pokey.
    They claimed it was a metaphor.
    So that it's acceptable now.
    I agree but the country isn't what it was or should be.

It does seem that several things would happen within a few months of a Trump re-election: we’d withdraw our support from Ukraine; all federal charges related to January 6 would be dropped; and there would be a significant dismantling/reorganization of some essentially backbone institutions (Justice, FBI, IRS). There would also be serious attacks by the government on individuals who are perceived to be enemies of Trump. I don’t think that’s arguable—Trump has asserted these things. And my impression is that when he threatens an attack, he doesn’t joke.
    I can promise you this occurs regardless of which party is in office!

I can promise you this occurs regardless of which party is in office!
    It has to some of things they are accused of are disturbing.
    Where there's smoke there's fire.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Simple, they didn't get the job done. This is their punishment for failing.
    This is both hilarious and exceedingly disturbing. Gonna be an Ambien-before-bedtime night for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    This is both hilarious and exceedingly disturbing. Gonna be an Ambien-before-bedtime night for me.
    I agree. I'm not sure if I'm making a bad joke, or pointing out the truth about Trump. Maybe a little of both.

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    It has to some of things they are accused of are disturbing.
    Where there's smoke there's fire.
    …. or, Willie Nelson.

…. or, Willie Nelson.
    “Must spread Sporkz….”

Good look at population growth and demographic shift in NC. Biden thinks NC may be in play. There is some really interesting stuff in here looking at how Republican margins keep shrinking.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...p/70299006007/

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/0...orida-00101378

Any of you in Fla/So Fla have an opinion about how difficult it will be to get a conviction in So Fla? Mandell says: “We’re a red state and you’re getting red jurors. And they can’t see past red... Good luck finding a Trump supporter finding Trump guilty, despite whatever the evidence is.”

Is Mandell right?