Page 26 of 824 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126526 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Is this primary season going to be the most entertaining, ghastly thing we have ever witnessed in politics?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...1f07a0f&ei=102
    Sí El Guapo

Is this primary season going to be the most entertaining, ghastly thing we have ever witnessed in politics?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...1f07a0f&ei=102
    Not entertaining at all. Sad. Disappointing. Hopeless. Depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Not entertaining at all. Sad. Disappointing. Hopeless. Depressing.
    Oh c'mon. You're a North Carolina boy. Are you telling me you've never whooped it up at a demolition derby? Or even a Figure 8 race?
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Oh c'mon. You're a North Carolina boy. Are you telling me you've never whooped it up at a demolition derby? Or even a Figure 8 race?
    I love a good train wreck, BUT NOT WHEN I'M ON The TRAIN!!

There isn't even a UNC grad to watch crash and burn. I hope it's not against the partisanship rules of this post to say I greatly enjoyed watching Edwards finally implode in 2008. There was always something off about that boy. How can you possibly trust someone with leading the free world when they went to State undergrad, but cheer for the Tarheels because if law school? If that doesn't scream compromised judgement, I don't know what does. UNC can have him. Good riddance.

So, while I might enjoy this if it were Canadian or British politics, I'd really like my country to do better.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I love a good train wreck, BUT NOT WHEN I'M ON The TRAIN!!

There isn't even a UNC grad to watch crash and burn. I hope it's not against the partisanship rules of this post to say I greatly enjoyed watching Edwards finally implode in 2008. There was always something off about that boy. How can you possibly trust someone with leading the free world when they went to State undergrad, but cheer for the Tarheels because if law school? If that doesn't scream compromised judgement, I don't know what does. UNC can have him. Good riddance.

So, while I might enjoy this if it were Canadian or British politics, I'd really like my country to do better.
    I've always gotten a kick out of the saying that Canada is the apartment above the meth lab, and as you correctly noted, we are doing our best to live up to our part of that analogy. Part of me is rooting for mass chaos just to see what happens, but then I too realize that this is my country so that probably isn't such a great idea. But as Trump is likely saying, the ratings will be huge.

But I would like to have a word with our upstairs neighbors now as this wildfire is no joke - the haze here in NY makes for great photos for a sci-fi movie but also make it difficult to breath - I have to keep my kids locked up indoors today on a random day off from school because we are being told not to go outside. Good thing everyone here has a stockpile of masks. Though I'm sure someone will find a problem with us wearing them.

not much Canada can do about this...too many huge fires, too few people to fight them...now we get a taste for how one can be overwhelmed by one's neighbor in a wide variety of ways...

Weird... Now it's Quebec. The smoke three weeks ago was from British Columbia. It affected the Midwest, but also Colorado.

AQI in Greenville, SC is 80, but we have high grass pollen. sniffle, sniffle.

In NYC it's around 270. Cough, wheeze.

Central PA: AQI 350-400

There is a visible haze

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post

There is a visible haze
    My brother lives in the Princeton area. He can't go outside without a mask on.

I don’t know how active he has been lately but a titan of evangelism in politics, Pat Robertson, died today.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I don’t know how active he has been lately but a titan of evangelism in politics, Pat Robertson, died today.
    yes.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Yes he did.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post

There is a visible haze
    Just found out that Siri will give you the local AQI:

Currently:
    Philly: 236
    Wash: 311
    Raleigh: 74
    Derm: 85
    NYC: 184
    Boston: 69
    Nashua: 49

Chapel Hill: Siri doesn't give a number just the flaming turd emoji

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Just found out that Siri will give you the local AQI:

Currently:
    Philly: 236
    Wash: 311
    Raleigh: 74
    Derm: 85
    NYC: 184
    Boston: 69
    Nashua: 49

Chapel Hill: Siri doesn't give a number just the flaming turd emoji
    44 here in Asheville

Quote Originally Posted by Udaman View Post
    If the DOJ indicts Trump for Espionage, will the needle finally move on his support? It seems like this is a real possibility. I know that his approval numbers are down with Independents but he’s still leading the GOP field in many polls.

Personally, Indont think he survives it because that charge would likely mean clear evidence that he obstructed justice by refusing to hand over documents. But the man does seem to have unlimited lives. It would take the GOP establishment to turn on him and not sure they will.
    Won't move the needle in terms of his base. They have already been conditioned to believe that not only did he declassify everything he says he did, but even if he didn't, this is something that lots of Presidents have done upon leaving office. Trump is a master of the "what aboutism?" game and he has employed it in this circumstance as well. His base buys it every time, as it buys everything else he sells without question.

As far as the GOP establishment turning on him, Trump's base would also be nonplussed by that. In fact, a big part of Trump's appeal to them is that he doesn't care about the establishment at all, he spits in their eye when he feels like it, and they always come back to him anyway. To Trump's base, the establishment shunning him is a badge of honor and only enhances his appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Won't move the needle in terms of his base. They have already been conditioned to believe that not only did he declassify everything he says he did, but even if he didn't, this is something that lots of Presidents have done upon leaving office. Trump is a master of the "what aboutism?" game and he has employed it in this circumstance as well. His base buys it every time, as it buys everything else he sells without question.

As far as the GOP establishment turning on him, Trump's base would also be nonplussed by that. In fact, a big part of Trump's appeal to them is that he doesn't care about the establishment at all, he spits in their eye when he feels like it, and they always come back to him anyway. To Trump's base, the establishment shunning him is a badge of honor and only enhances his appeal.
    Yep. In fact his dream would be to be tried and acquitted in Florida, he'd spin that to death...though I don't think there will be enough time before the general election to have a trial..Unless something bizarre happens, the man is cruising to the GOP nomination.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Yep. In fact his dream would be to be tried and acquitted in Florida, he'd spin that to death...though I don't think there will be enough time before the general election to have a trial..Unless something bizarre happens, the man is cruising to the GOP nomination.
    Just what would you consider bizarre in this day and age?
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Just what would you consider bizarre in this day and age?
    the bar has clearly been raised, that's for sure. I just don't see a way forward in the GOP primary for anyone other than Trump...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    the bar has clearly been raised, that's for sure. I just don't see a way forward in the GOP primary for anyone other than Trump...
    Raised? Lowered? Removed entirely?