Thread: The Bear

The Bear

I loved the first season of The Bear, and with Season Two about to drop, I thought I'd start a thread to discuss. What did folks think about Season One? Favorite aspects of it? What didn't you like? Predictions/hopes for Season Two?

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    I loved the first season of The Bear, and with Season Two about to drop, I thought I'd start a thread to discuss. What did folks think about Season One? Favorite aspects of it? What didn't you like? Predictions/hopes for Season Two?
    I haven’t watched the TV show, but loved the feature film: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095800/
    Carolina delenda est

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    I really enjoyed season one. The second to last episode was incredibly intense and really well done - one of the best episodes of TV I have seen. I did not like how they wrapped things up in the final episode so though I am looking forward to season two, the end of season one left a bad taste in my mouth. I can't really discuss further without spoiling, plus I don't remember the exact details well enough at this point, just my reaction to it.

Since it is relatively short, I am debating rewatching Season 1 before watching Season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I really enjoyed season one. The second to last episode was incredibly intense and really well done - one of the best episodes of TV I have seen. I did not like how they wrapped things up in the final episode so though I am looking forward to season two, the end of season one left a bad taste in my mouth. I can't really discuss further without spoiling, plus I don't remember the exact details well enough at this point, just my reaction to it.

Since it is relatively short, I am debating rewatching Season 1 before watching Season 2.
    I enjoyed S1 but I also don’t remember the ending exactly but thought it was a limited series and did not expect a S2. Seems like a premise that doesn’t make for a long term series. Hope I’m wrong but how long can you create kitchen drama tension without jumping the shark?

I guess this show is about Jack Nicklaus, "The Bear". In my mind #1 or 1a(Arnie) greatest golfers of all-time.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I guess this show is about Jack Nicklaus, "The Bear". In my mind #1 or 1a(Arnie) greatest golfers of all-time.
    Someone told me that a "bear" is sometimes used in the LGBTQ community to refer to a gay man. I wonder if that could relate to Carm.

Nothing profound here - I loved season 1 and am looking forward to it starting back up.

The thread title makes me think of this:
    https://www.romanticasheville.com/ca...hadow_bear.htm