Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I look like Gisele Bundchen. On a really bad day. A REALLY bad day.
    I'll take the plunge. This is me, IRL.

IMG_20230524_144730.jpg
    Let's go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by kidA View Post
    For me, DBA looks like my friend Parth, who is a tall skinny Indian guy with a short cropped beard.
    I'm gonna agree with budwom on this one. Something about the name that leads me to believe DBA doesn't look Indian...

CDu I picture with those half glasses at the bottom of his nose at a messy desk hunched over staring into his computer screen, which is still a big box TV like thing.
    No glasses, but I do have a messy desk. I don't have a big box PC, but I do rock the double computer monitor with multiple computers!

I get a lot of "you look just like somebody I know" comments from strangers. Or at least I did before I grew a beard. Now I just look like my dad when he was in his early 40s.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post

IMG_20230524_144730.jpg
    I always pictured you as Robert Redford in Grizzly Adams.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

IMG_20230524_144730.jpg
    You actually look like what I expected, which is surprising. Usually not the case. Especially not if I form picture from voice.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I look like Gisele Bundchen. On a really bad day. A REALLY bad day.
    Triplets?
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Hey all. Rather than offer my WAG‘s as to minutes allocations for a roster that is (hopefully) not yet complete, I thought I’d start a chat about our mental images of each other as we read each other’s posts. You know, like when you read a book you got a mental image of the characters? That’s what I’m talking about.

For me, DBA looks like my friend Parth, who is a tall skinny Indian guy with a short cropped beard. ScottDude looks like Miles Taylor, former Bush and Trump DHS security analyst who now opines on MSNBC. Kedsey I picture looking like Trevor keels, which is a mystery to me too. CDu I picture with those half glasses at the bottom of his nose at a messy desk hunched over staring into his computer screen, which is still a big box TV like thing. I happen to know what OPK looks like, and it is a joy to behold! Me, I think I look like Elvis, but my wife thinks I’m crazy …and that I don’t look like Elvis.

I mean absolutely no offense and only to have a little fun. What do y’all think? Besides 9F of course
    Quote Originally Posted by DeBlueDevil View Post
    This is what I picture too lol (with all due respect of course)
    As someone that spent 4 years almost winning IM basketball titles with CDu, this makes me laugh.

Sad that people have taken this so far off the road the OP intended. Rather than telling us what you look like, the idea was to tell us what kind of pictures you have in mind for posters you have never met.

I'll play. I see CDu as a 5'8, dark-haired man in his early 40s, solidly built, neither fat nor thin. He is definitely sitting in front of a computer with two screens, both large, both 16:9 ratios. He sits on a gamer chair and has a gamer mouse, as well.

Kedsy is taller, thin, with slightly thinning ginger-blond hair. He has a pocket protector and thin-framed glasses. Within the pocket protector is a Staedtler mechanical pencil in basic black. There is a protractor on his desk and he has an old typewriter somewhere in his home.

Scottdude is an early-40s, 5'10 guy with a medium build and a shock of boyishly blond hair cut short on the sides but a little longer on top. He gels the front of it straight up. He wears maize and blue every day and has a poster of the Fab Five on the wall.

OPK is in his 60s, the hair in front is fleeing but he has plenty of graying brown hair on the sides. He doesn't care if it grows to cover part of his ears. He has a graying VanDyke and he shaves the cheeks and neck about once every two weeks whether he needs it or not. He wears mostly old t-shirts and faded blue jeans. His shoes of choice are Converse All-Stars. He has a little paunch but isn't fat.

brevity is mid-50s, short-ish, with dark brown hair that is barely starting to gray on the sides. He wears levis whenever he can, and prefers Sketchers for his feet. He has a twinkle in his eyes, which are blue.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Sad that people have taken this so far off the road the OP intended. Rather than telling us what you look like, the idea was to tell us what kind of pictures you have in mind for posters you have never met.

I'll play. I see CDu as a 5'8, dark-haired man in his early 40s, solidly built, neither fat nor thin. He is definitely sitting in front of a computer with two screens, both large, both 16:9 ratios. He sits on a gamer chair and has a gamer mouse, as well.

Kedsy is taller, thin, with slightly thinning ginger-blond hair. He has a pocket protector and thin-framed glasses. Within the pocket protector is a Staedtler mechanical pencil in basic black. There is a protractor on his desk and he has an old typewriter somewhere in his home.

Scottdude is an early-40s, 5'10 guy with a medium build and a shock of boyishly blond hair cut short on the sides but a little longer on top. He gels the front of it straight up. He wears maize and blue every day and has a poster of the Fab Five on the wall.

OPK is in his 60s, the hair in front is fleeing but he has plenty of graying brown hair on the sides. He doesn't care if it grows to cover part of his ears. He has a graying VanDyke and he shaves the cheeks and neck about once every two weeks whether he needs it or not. He wears mostly old t-shirts and faded blue jeans. His shoes of choice are Converse All-Stars. He has a little paunch but isn't fat.

brevity is mid-50s, short-ish, with dark brown hair that is barely starting to gray on the sides. He wears levis whenever he can, and prefers Sketchers for his feet. He has a twinkle in his eyes, which are blue.
    Well, now I feel like I screwed up and I'm on an island...

Well, now I feel like I screwed up and I'm on an island...
    Sorry. But now that I have seen your pic I can no longer use my imagination to paint a (likely completely inaccurate) picture of you!

Hey all. Rather than offer my WAG‘s as to minutes allocations for a roster that is (hopefully) not yet complete, I thought I’d start a chat about our mental images of each other as we read each other’s posts. You know, like when you read a book you got a mental image of the characters? That’s what I’m talking about.

For me, DBA looks like my friend Parth, who is a tall skinny Indian guy with a short cropped beard. ScottDude looks like Miles Taylor, former Bush and Trump DHS security analyst who now opines on MSNBC. Kedsey I picture looking like Trevor keels, which is a mystery to me too. CDu I picture with those half glasses at the bottom of his nose at a messy desk hunched over staring into his computer screen, which is still a big box TV like thing. I happen to know what OPK looks like, and it is a joy to behold! Me, I think I look like Elvis, but my wife thinks I’m crazy …and that I don’t look like Elvis.

I mean absolutely no offense and only to have a little fun. What do y’all think? Besides 9F of course
    Great off-season thread kidA!

First, I agree that I am a joy to behold, much like an ice cream truck on a hot summer’s day. Short, spewing exhaust, but ultimately satisfying. With sprinkles.

Since I have known kidA for many years now, it would be cheating to say what he looks like. But if you picture a cross between Jason Momoa, Dolph Lundgren, Patrick Swayze and Andy Griffith, and you’d be in the ballpark. Given, it’s been a few years since we’ve bent an elbow so my memory may be off a tad. (And of course none of that may be true).

I’ve had the pleasure of meeting many present and former DBRers over the years and always enjoy putting a face to a name. It never disappoints.

Although I still do not believe that TrippingWilliam really exists.

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    I always pictured you as Robert Redford in Grizzly Adams.
    He and I hang out in Asheville
    He looks more like Ben.

Yes. I did thos last year with the elaborate back stories I create in my mind for all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Yes. I did thos last year with the elaborate back stories I create in my mind for all of you.
    I've met ClemmonsDevil and I'm still convinced he's some level of demon.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    A while ago I was often told I looked like Ron Livingston in Office Space. Keep in mind that was over 20 years ago and I am heavier and grayer than he looks now. Oh well.

Not a bullseye, but a pretty good toss.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine

rsv, it’s pretty funny that about half of what you described for me is absolutely spot on… and the other half is WAY off. I’ll leave some mystery as to which is which to keep the game going
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Ok, so my first amendment is that you wear your hair parted on the side and down covering about half your forehead, with a dry look.

Closer?

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Ok, so my first amendment is that you wear your hair parted on the side and down covering about half your forehead, with a dry look.

Closer?
    Getting colder.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    That said, in my humble opinion I think you’re pretty far off. But you can check quite easily, you all know my full name from the front page and I’m easily googleable given my day job, haha
    At your invitation, I Duck Duck Go'd you. I think you look like your Math Department picture from your days at Duke.

So I'll ruin the goal of this thread but point you in the right direction. 1. People have been asking me to wear a mask since Andrew Lloyd Webber hit Broadway. It wasn't a COVID phenomenon. 2. I could join the Lollipop Guild from the Wizard of Oz (1939) if I suffered from male pattern baldness.
    Last edited by duke2x; 05-24-2023 at 09:36 PM.

I like to think that everyone here looks like MulletMan in costume.