Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    To all the pessimists who have been wringing their hands over someone leaving because Roach returned...

McCain and Foster both seem pretty darn excited about Jeremy coming back to Duke.
    "let's ride brother" -Foster, in response to DukeMBB's post on Roach's return

"[Double devil emoji]" - McCain

"Gonna be a special year [devil emoji]" - Stewart

"[double grin emoji]" - Mitchell

"LFG" -Flip

"Jerm did it again" -Blakes

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post

"LFG" -Flip

Awesome! Thanks for posting this for those of us who are not social media guys.

To all the pessimists who have been wringing their hands over someone leaving because Roach returned...

McCain and Foster both seem pretty darn excited about Jeremy coming back to Duke.
    That's awesome news!!

Wow, Jon has managed quite a turnaround in our culture and approach to building a team. I'm not getting into the minutes minutiae but my guess is there will be a more liberal use of "the bench" at positions/roles where we have the most depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post

"LFG" -Flip

Is that Carlos Boozer commenting too??

Phew. I am not exactly down with emoji speak and Twitter vernacular, but I assume that "LeeeeeGoooooo" implies that Carlos Boozer isn't at risk of bailing on Duke and heading back home to root for the University of Alaska Southeast in Juneau.

I was worried that Carlos would find the stands behind the Duke bench too crowded if Jeremy's parents returned for another year.

Quote Originally Posted by JayZee View Post
    Is that Carlos Boozer commenting too??
    Yes.

To be fair to the pessimists, they may have been a little gunshy from the Mgbako decommitment.

But so awesome to see these guys welcoming Jeremy back and apparently ready to ride!!!

I want to commend Scott (Scottdude8) for his excellent front-page article about Jon Scheyer! I'm a longtime Duke fan but it's still crazy to think that we have gotten to a point where having several freshmen return to be sophomores and having a senior player that was a starter is a mind-blowing accomplishment! LOL! Where has Duke gone in this last 10+ years of the OAD era?!?

But, no matter, because as Scott said, there is much to look forward to in the next 10 years in terms of roster continuity! I love all former Duke players as members of The Brotherhood but it will nice to actually have time to get to know them (and enjoy them longer in a Duke uniform) again!
    You might call it an obsession, we call it Duke Basketball!

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by kmmk View Post
    I want to commend Scott (Scottdude8) for his excellent front-page article about Jon Scheyer! I'm a longtime Duke fan but it's still crazy to think that we have gotten to a point where having several freshmen return to be sophomores and having a senior player that was a starter is a mind-blowing accomplishment! LOL! Where has Duke gone in this last 10+ years of the OAD era?!?

But, no matter, because as Scott said, there is much to look forward to in the next 10 years in terms of roster continuity! I love all former Duke players as members of The Brotherhood but it will nice to actually have time to get to know them (and enjoy them longer in a Duke uniform) again!
    Very much appreciated It means a lot knowing that people enjoy, let alone even take the time to read, my front page stuff, honestly and sincerely.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

The way Jon is using NIL and the transfer portal is genius to say the least. I think he plan for the 2024 would be this.
    1. Mccain, BLAKES BACKUP
    2. Foster, SCHUTT BACKUP
    3. TJ POWER, EVANS/HARRIS BACKUP
    4. Stewart
    5. UDEH, CHRISTIAN REEVES BACKUP

Quote Originally Posted by JGDUKE2008 View Post
    The way Jon is using NIL and the transfer portal is genius to say the least. I think he plan for the 2024 would be this.
    1. Mccain, BLAKES BACKUP
    2. Foster, SCHUTT BACKUP
    3. TJ POWER, EVANS/HARRIS BACKUP
    4. Stewart
    5. UDEH, CHRISTIAN REEVES BACKUP
    Something confirmed that I missed?
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

Quote Originally Posted by kmmk View Post

I second that sentiment. Thanks for your analysis, ScottDude

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Very much appreciated It means a lot knowing that people enjoy, let alone even take the time to read, my front page stuff, honestly and sincerely.
    Some of us virtually never check the front page, so please continue the shameless self-promotion posts, too. Then I'll be aware enough to actually read your work, which is always good stuff.

What is this"Senior"classification everyone keeps talking about? 😂 It's so nice to have a veteran with known leadership qualities for the first time in a long time. Is this our first prominent Senior since Grayson??

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    Some of Duke’s best teams involved a backcourt which featured an older guy who’d been moved from PG to a more natural combo/shooting guard. Amaker/Dawkins was the first K example. Here’s to hoping that the latest duo (Proctor/Roach) is equally successful. One big difference is that earlier teams didn’t have nearly as much backcourt talent backing up the presumed starters.
    Indeed.

Amaker/Dawkins
    Williams/Duhon
    Cook/Jones

In fact, you could put the Smith/Scheyer backcourt in this list. It was the same with an upperclass PG moving to other guard to make way for a younger recruit who could play the 1 better, but it took K a while to commit to Scheyer at the 1.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedevilwildcats View Post
    I'm not getting into the minutes minutiae but my guess is there will be a more liberal use of "the bench" at positions/roles where we have the most depth.
    I am skeptical. Scheyer is wired to win and teams that win identify and then play their best lineups a lot, particularly in college and particularly in this landscape where turnover is rampant.