Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Jeremy Roach confirms he is returning for the 2023-24 season

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Awesome! Here's hoping we add a 5 and don't lose anyone.

Excellent.

Let the games begin!

Yes! I was cautiously confident he would make this decision, and am very excited that he did. Love the announcement with the blank banner.

Let’s go!

Welcome back, Jeremy.

Should be a fun season.

Love this for our upcoming season! Cant wait to see that core 4 on the court again!

But holy moly is there a logjam at guard!

Absolutely loaded if this roster holds as it is right now.

I hope Jeremy is able to accomplish what he wants as a Sr. at Duke. 3 more banners would be nice! Depending on decisions by other draft-eligible players who may/not return, Jeremy is certainly a candidate for All-ACC honors up to and including ACC POY. He is certainly not the favorite for the top award, but who knows how the cookie will crumble...
    It's impossible to know all the details that go into his decision making process but earning a degree from Duke will go a long way towards making whatever he pursues in his post-basketball career more rewarding. I don't doubt that Jeremy takes his coursework seriously enough to be able to earn his degree in the near future.
    This coming right on the heels of the announcement that William Avery completed his degree from Duke makes me think that a guy who was clearly a better candidate for a career in professional basketball than Jeremy, but made different decisions, may have affected Jeremy's decision making process.

The captain returns!!!

This is the most excited I've been about a roster since 2010-11 and 2016-17.

If we can find a transfer 5 that's ok with a 15-20 minute role, then that's icing on top. Otherwise, we're all set.

Preseason #1 and Final 4 are the expectations, lets get to work!!

Quote Originally Posted by bshrader View Post
    Love this for our upcoming season! Cant wait to see that core 4 on the court again!

But holy moly is there a logjam at guard!
    I really hope McCain and/or Foster don't decommit. They'll get spot minutes this year and will have the keys to the castle next season.

I hope they will patiently wait their turn like so many great college players have.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeTrinity11 View Post
    I really hope McCain and/or Foster don't decommit. They'll get spot minutes this year and will have the keys to the castle next season.

I hope they will patiently wait their turn like so many great college players have.
    Probably would of done it already since Proctor was the guy they were likely counting on leaving not Roach.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeTrinity11 View Post
    It's certainly possible one of them decommits. That said, at least one of them will play major minutes as either the 1st guard off the bench or as the 3rd of a 3-guard starting lineup. If we go with a 3-guard lineup, then all 4 would get significant minutes.

Always amazes me that so many can't just enjoy the good news without worrying about potential downsides.

Roach has gone from 27 to 29 to 33 minutes per game. I would expect that to go backwards.

The roster has 6 guys who will compete for minutes at 2 guard slots, and potentially 3 guard slots for some stretches.

I do wonder how those conversations have gone the last month, because they absolutely happened. That's a lot of mouths to feed.

Always amazes me that so many can't just enjoy the good news without worrying about potential downsides.
    That is the day and age we are in. I think it's completely reasonable.

But like you, I am very excited to hear that Roach is back for his senior year. Go Devils!!!!!!
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

I am thinking this news would make Duke preseason #1. They’ll have 4 returning starters and are the defending ACCT champs with a great recruiting class coming in. They sure look like they’ll stay in the top 5-10 nationally most of next season and top 3-4 in the ACC. It should be a fun season and I hope everyone stays healthy.

I didn't mean to rain on the parade. As it stands, I firmly believe we have the best roster in the country going into next season. You have 2 All-ACC level guards, both of whom could compete for All-American honors, bookended with 2 top 20 freshman guard recruits. In the frontcourt, we have one of the best wing defenders in the country who could vie for All-ACC honors himself along with a big man who's a likely All-American candidate and will be one of the best big men in the country next year.

Duke is absolutely loaded. What a time to be a Blue Devil!!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    I am thinking this news would make Duke preseason #1. They’ll have 4 returning starters and are the defending ACCT champs with a great recruiting class coming in. They sure look like they’ll stay in the top 5-10 nationally most of next season and top 3-4 in the ACC. It should be a fun season and I hope everyone stays healthy.
    Unless we face injury issues, it would almost be a travesty if we weren't top 2 in the ACC at least. Miami, who is probably our biggest competition in the conference, loses Wong and Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Fantastic news. And so many “insiders” knew he had no plans to return.