Thread: RIP Denny Crum

RIP Denny Crum

Louisville is confirming that HOF Coach Denny Crum has passed. His 1986 team famously beat our Blue Devils for the NCAA Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    Louisville is confirming that HOF Coach Denny Crum has passed. His 1986 team famously beat our Blue Devils for the NCAA Championship.
    I was there with OPK. As he will attest, it was a fantastic (and absolutely crazy) weekend, until it wasn’t. And a long ride back to Durham…

RIP Denny Crum. He seems like he was one of the good ones

RIP Coach Crum. I first remember seeing Denny Crum on the sidelines as an assistant coach for John Wooden at UCLA. He has been a fixture for a lot of years.
    Bob Green

Honestly, outside of the obvious, I didn't ever hear much bad about Crum. Certainly a gem of a previous era.

Really feels like the Golden Age of Coaches is starting to slip away.

Rest In Peace to a Legend.

He left UCLA as John Wooden's top assistant during their glory days to build a powerful program at Louisville.

He personally came to Coach K's last game at Louisville to congratulate him.

Another Coaching Giant has left us...

Quote Originally Posted by TywinBlue View Post
    He personally came to Coach K's last game at Louisville to congratulate him.

Another Coaching Giant has left us...
    I was thinking the same thing. He came to Coach K’s last game at Louisville last year; then passed away this year. Much like another of Coach K’s longtime colleagues, Terry Holland.

RIP Coach.
    Prayers for the family.

RIP coach. Was in the building in 1986.