Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118
Results 2,341 to 2,359 of 2359
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    Jokic attended the parade in Denver today, riding in a fire engine with his little girl.

That's the right move for the big guy. Probably on a plane to Serbia later this afternoon.
    And found his misplaced Finals MVP trophy.

And his daughter was the belle of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Well that takes the steam out of the angry mob.
    Maybe I’m projecting but my boss, who’s probably pulling 7 figures, had a conversation with me recently asking me about my professional ambitions because I know he wants me to take on more responsibility.

I told him my kids are my North Star and I’ll only do so much work up until and when it infringes upon my ability to be a father.

He seemed a little taken aback but then said, “I wish I’d done the same”.

My wife’s dad, a business creator, and now in late stage cancer told me over beers his biggest regret was not spending more time with his girls while they were growing up.

Again, probably projecting my family values on the thread but I appreciate Jokic just wanting to spend time with his family when everyone else in the world wants something more from him, even though he just bulldozed postseason records and won the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Maybe I’m projecting but my boss, who’s probably pulling 7 figures, had a conversation with me recently asking me about my professional ambitions because I know he wants me to take on more responsibility.

I told him my kids are my North Star and I’ll only do so much work up until and when it infringes upon my ability to be a father.

He seemed a little taken aback but then said, “I wish I’d done the same”.

My wife’s dad, a business creator, and now in late stage cancer told me over beers his biggest regret was not spending more time with his girls while they were growing up.

Again, probably projecting my family values on the thread but I appreciate Jokic just wanting to spend time with his family when everyone else in the world wants something more from him, even though he just bulldozed postseason records and won the championship.
    Good for you. I agree with you.

How many people on their deathbed say "I wish I would have spent more time at the office"?

Jokic attended the parade in Denver today, riding in a fire engine with his little girl.

That's the right move for the big guy. Probably on a plane to Serbia later this afternoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayZee View Post
    And found his misplaced Finals MVP trophy.

And his daughter was the belle of the ball.
    Must have been a BIG thrill for his daughter... and he probably realized it too. What kid wouldn't be excited to ride a fire engine. I know that was one of my big thrills when I was in elementary school... but that was MANY MANY years ago.

A shirtless Jack White showing off his pale physique. I hope he used sun screen.

Good for you. I agree with you.

How many people on their deathbed say "I wish I would have spent more time at the office"?
    Really??

Nikola Jokić was the main attraction at a triumphant championship celebration parade attended by hundreds of thousands of adoring fans. And he was with his little girl. It’s not like he’s just some guy sitting at his desk in a cubicle for yet another boring day at work.

Maybe a little bit of context would be helpful next time.

It's interesting how you can officially define the start and the end of the 2023 NBA Playoffs by a pair of daughters.

nbadaughters.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Really??

Nikola Jokić was the main attraction at a triumphant championship celebration parade attended by hundreds of thousands of adoring fans. And he was with his little girl. It’s not like he’s just some guy sitting at his desk in a cubicle for yet another boring day at work.

Maybe a little bit of context would be helpful next time.
    I was responding to Bundabeg's post which I agree with.

Perhaps my post didn't give enough context. Upstream I said that the Joker did the right thing by participating in the parade with his daughter.

I may not have given a lot of context and don't care to. No big deal. I'm glad that Jokic appeared with his daughter.

I was responding to Bundabeg's post which I agree with.

Perhaps my post didn't give enough context. Upstream I said that the Joker did the right thing by participating in the parade with his daughter.

I may not have given a lot of context and don't care to. No big deal. I'm glad that Jokic appeared with his daughter.
    Oh, okay. My mistake for not reading all of the posts before commenting. I’m sorry.

Oh, okay. My mistake for not reading all of the posts before commenting. I’m sorry.
    No problem. I probably wasn't clear enough that I was commenting on Bundaberg's message to his boss, not talking about Joker. I probably changed lanes without signalling my intention.

Did more than attend. He said he was glad he stayed and that the memory will stay with him for the rest of his life. And he really praised the thousands of fans who showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Did more than attend. He said he was glad he stayed and that the memory will stay with him for the rest of his life. And he really praised the thousands of fans who showed up.
    Sounds like Nikola had a grand time. I had a feeling he would. I’m happy for him; he deserves it.

Now it’s time to ride horses in Serbia! I’ll bet they’re not too happy, though. The horses are wishing he’d chosen to stay in Denver for the summer! 😥

Sounds like Nikola had a grand time.
    His wife, not so much

https://nypost.com/2023/06/15/nikola...uggets-parade/
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

“You know I told that I didn’t want to stay for Parade,” Jokić said at the podium. “But I forking want to stay for parade. This is the best day of my forking life. This is amazing.”
    Carolina delenda est

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    “You know I told that I didn’t want to stay for Parade,” Jokić said at the podium. “But I forking want to stay for parade. This is the best day of my forking life. This is amazing.”
    Too late to edit to add this photo:

IMG_0238.jpg
    Carolina delenda est

Lol, what a great quote! I got happy just reading that. 😊

Lol, what a great quote! I got happy just reading that. 😊
    One of the great joys of being a sports fan is watching people like this grow into superstardom. When they show a bit of relatable emotion, all the better.

One of the great joys of being a sports fan is watching people like this grow into superstardom. When they show a bit of relatable emotion, all the better.
    I feel his emotion of wanting to go home, AND his emotion of enjoying the parade were both honest and relatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I feel his emotion of wanting to go home, AND his emotion of enjoying the parade were both honest and relatable.
    Yes, I love Jokic, he seems to wear his heart on his sleeve. It’s that thing when you really don’t want to do some thing you are committed to, but then you do it, and it turns out to be awesome.

I have had some work events like that. Unfortunately no parade, though.