Page 101 of 118 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2359
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Denver’s 7-ft center, Nikola Jokić, has 10 assists in the first half of game 1 of the NBA Finals.

He’s pretty good. 😉
    He will be. If he sticks with it.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Oh, and is Miami really trying to stop Jokic with Cody freaking Zeller? The guy who scored the winning basket for Duke against his own team? Lol.
    Wrong Zeller brother. Cody played for Indiana, Ty Zeller played for UNC.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Doesn’t matter. That bloodline is foul. Wait, fowl? No, foul!

I am still amazed that at roughly the same time there were 21 feet of Zeller brothers and 21 feet of Plumlee brothers wandering around Indiana.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I am still amazed that at roughly the same time there were 21 feet of Zeller brothers and 21 feet of Plumlee brothers wandering around Indiana.
    On the same AAU squad.

heat getting spanked....i don't think they get swept...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

When you’re a small underdog team like the Heat is, you just can’t miss this many open looks and expect to stay in the game. I know the legs are tired but still …

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    heat getting spanked...i don't think they get swept...
    Even if they snag 1 or 2, this is shaping up to be a boring nba post-season with the way Denver has been cruising.

Nuggets really look strong. I am hoping for a 6-7 game series but not sure if they’ll get there.

Wow, you are right. Sorry for the mistake. Still kind of a huge mismatch.

Strong effort from Denver. Jokic and Murray were fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Strong effort from Denver. Jokic and Murray were fantastic.
    Glad Nuggets got the W
    They need to not slack off in the 4 th quarter like Jokic said. He is so gifted like Magic or Bird in his passing game.Really good starting 5. Bruce Brown off the bench. Murray is outstanding. The Heat might win a few but think the Nuggets will cut down the Nets.

Aaron Gordon and Michael Porter, Jr. are tough match-ups for the Heat. Their size and versatility present problems. And star players Jokic (14 assists) and Murray (10 assists) don't mind passing the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Aaron Gordon and Michael Porter, Jr. are tough match-ups for the Heat. Their size and versatility present problems. And star players Jokic (14 assists) and Murray (10 assists) don't mind passing the ball.
    Denver is HUGE. And Miami is small. Miami will hsve to go nuts on offense to win.

I hear they grow up tall and they grow up right round there.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    The morning after the Celtics game 7 loss our own JayWill very strongly suggested that the Celtics should keep Brown and bring in a true point guard. He mentioned Tyus Jones, for one, by name.
    It is going to be tough to pry Tyus away from Memphis. Adam Silver has said he is going to punish Ja Morant after the finals are done. I won't be even mildly surprised if it is a stiff punishment -- 10 games or more. Ja has also shown himself to be at least a little bit injury prone. Bottom line -- Memphis still very much needs Tyus and has little reason to trade him.

Now, Tyus will be a free agent after this coming season. He will be 28 and right in his prime. Given the way he has performed for Memphis the past couple years, I suspect he will get a pretty lucrative deal. He's currently on a 2-year, $29 mil contract. I expect him to edge close to $20 mil per season -- likely on a 3 or 4 year deal -- in his next contract.

I agree that Boston likely needs a PG, I'm just not sure Tyus is the answer because Memphis likely isn't going to be interested in a trade. I think they would not do Tyus for Brogdon. Would Memphis do Tyus for Marcus Smart?? Hmmm... would Boston want to do that?
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    It is going to be tough to pry Tyus away from Memphis. Adam Silver has said he is going to punish Ja Morant after the finals are done. I won't be even mildly surprised if it is a stiff punishment -- 10 games or more.
    I'm hearing possibly much, much more.

Edit: no citation, but talking heads on sports radio are suggesting half a season.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    That's some fine Tom Petty!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    It is going to be tough to pry Tyus away from Memphis. Adam Silver has said he is going to punish Ja Morant after the finals are done. I won't be even mildly surprised if it is a stiff punishment -- 10 games or more. Ja has also shown himself to be at least a little bit injury prone. Bottom line -- Memphis still very much needs Tyus and has little reason to trade him.

Now, Tyus will be a free agent after this coming season. He will be 28 and right in his prime. Given the way he has performed for Memphis the past couple years, I suspect he will get a pretty lucrative deal. He's currently on a 2-year, $29 mil contract. I expect him to edge close to $20 mil per season -- likely on a 3 or 4 year deal -- in his next contract.

I agree that Boston likely needs a PG, I'm just not sure Tyus is the answer because Memphis likely isn't going to be interested in a trade. I think they would not do Tyus for Brogdon. Would Memphis do Tyus for Marcus Smart?? Hmmm... would Boston want to do that?
    If the Celts didn't listen to me last year about bringing in Tyus, I have no reason to believe J-Will can convince them.

In the Land of Giants, roving gangs of siblings scour the land...for rebounds.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Those Indiana boys on those Indiana nights...

One thing i can't get over is how an NBA team can go thru a whole game an only shoot 2 FTs, especially when its opponent shoots 20. I'm not saying that refs should strive to make sure that each team gets roughly equal FT attempts, but it seems absurd to think that there was only one foul the whole game on a Heat FGA.