Page 100 of 118 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2359
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedevilwildcats View Post
    The baseline for winning is relative to expected performance. A team with the 4th highest salary, years of playoff experience, playing in a relatively soft conference made softer by playoffs upsets, the Celtics didn't play winning basketball during the playoffs. I don't follow them closely but I suspect that for those who do, "winning culture" isn't a description they'd assign to the Celtics. Miami, on the other hand, appears to perform above expectations and I'm sure that's because of their culture.

Folks have mentioned a first-year coach who is learning on the job. I think in a winning culture, that assistant is ready to take over as head coach, is not appointed head coach, or is surrounded with advisers and assistants who collectively deliver winning basketball in crunch time.
    I really don't know what to say here. They went to the Finals last year- they went to the conference finals this year- overcame a 3-0 deficit and lost for the most part because their very best player got hurt 20 sec into the game. That is a "culture of winning" that almost every team in the NBA would want. Based on their record, they were expected to lose in the conference finals to the Bucks. They lost in the conference finals to the team that beat the Bucks. That elevated assistant coach had the best record up until the All Star Break. He was clearly ready to take over as head coach. I get that the Celtics lost game 7 but to claim they do not have a culture of winning just seems very strange to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    I wonder if we’ll see Herro in the series?
    TNT reporter Chris Haynes says Game 3, maybe.

Chris Haynes @ChrisBHaynes

Miami Heat guard Tyler Herro (hand fracture) is ramping up workouts and is expected to make his return at some point during NBA Finals with Game 3 being the likely target, league sources tell @NBAonTNT, @BleacherReport.

10:13 PM · May 29, 2023

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    TNT reporter Chris Haynes says Game 3, maybe.

Chris Haynes @ChrisBHaynes

Miami Heat guard Tyler Herro (hand fracture) is ramping up workouts and is expected to make his return at some point during NBA Finals with Game 3 being the likely target, league sources tell @NBAonTNT, @BleacherReport.

10:13 PM · May 29, 2023
    Maybe good or maybe kills the chemistry. Time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Maybe good or maybe kills the chemistry. Time will tell
    In Herro's absence, we have seen Caleb Martin really up his usage rate and his game.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    In Herro's absence, we have seen Caleb Martin really up his usage rate and his game.
    Not that I thought Caleb Martin was bad in college, but I never would have guessed that he would be an impact player for an NBA Finals team. Kudos to him for working hard.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    And his future paychecks!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    And his future paychecks!
    And possibly his twin's future paychecks?

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    And possibly his twin's future paychecks?
    If the Hornets aren’t casting some serious side-eye in Cody’s direction, they’re… probably the Hornets.

Mazzulla will be back with the Celts next season, per Brad.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Mazzulla will be back with the Celts next season, per Brad.
    I think they're making a mistake here. They already were hurt this year by his immaturity and inexperience. Now signing up for more, with a veteran team . .

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    I think they're making a mistake here. They already were hurt this year by his immaturity and inexperience. Now signing up for more, with a veteran team . .
    Agreed. I think that’s the wrong call. If they resign Brown to the max then I’ll be incredibly disappointed with the front office.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Agreed. I think that’s the wrong call. If they resign Brown to the max then I’ll be incredibly disappointed with the front office.
    Yeah, my best friend is a Boston guy and he said to me the other day he wanted Boston to run it back but get a coach who can install some actual sets.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    With lots of the big name alternatives now being signed, who would you suggest they hire instead? Obviously one can make a good argument that they should have gone more aggressively after Williams or Nurse (or perhaps they did and we don't know about it). But at this stage in the game, who is available that you would prefer? Teams often make a change for the sake of a change without a better option lined up and get burned. It is a delicate balance to put out feelers to others when you have a coach under contract and not completely undermining him if you end up sticking with him.

The morning after the Celtics game 7 loss our own JayWill very strongly suggested that the Celtics should keep Brown and bring in a true point guard. He mentioned Tyus Jones, for one, by name.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    The morning after the Celtics game 7 loss our own JayWill very strongly suggested that the Celtics should keep Brown and bring in a true point guard. He mentioned Tyus Jones, for one, by name.
    I don't hate that idea. I don't know how feasible it is, but getting the primary ball handling skills away from Brown/Tatum/Smart would make Brown/Tatum so much more dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    With lots of the big name alternatives now being signed, who would you suggest they hire instead? Obviously one can make a good argument that they should have gone more aggressively after Williams or Nurse (or perhaps they did and we don't know about it). But at this stage in the game, who is available that you would prefer? Teams often make a change for the sake of a change without a better option lined up and get burned. It is a delicate balance to put out feelers to others when you have a coach under contract and not completely undermining him if you end up sticking with him.
    Frank Vogel? Chris Quinn? Becky Hammon?

What's with the uniform colors tonight? Hard to distinguish the red Miami jerseys from the blue Denver jerseys on television.

Does Jokic foul on every possession?

Oh, and is Miami really trying to stop Jokic with Cody freaking Zeller? The guy who scored the winning basket for Duke against his own team? Lol.

Denver’s 7-ft center, Nikola Jokić, has 10 assists in the first half of game 1 of the NBA Finals.

He’s pretty good. 😉