Page 98 of 118 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 2359
    Quote Originally Posted by dukebluesincebirth View Post
    Not only can no one guard Jokic, but the dude will also put 20 rebounds and 13 assists on you in a blink. And he's been resting for how long now? Agree with Denver in 5, sweep not out of the question.
    Miami might be able to win game 1 if Denver is rusty from the long break. I think Miami has to win that game to have any shot in the series.

Don’t dismiss the experience - both players and coach- advantage Miami has. I expect Denver to win but I would not be shocked if Miami wins game 1 with the long layoff for Denver and then pressure could become a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Don’t dismiss the experience - both players and coach- advantage Miami has. I expect Denver to win but I would not be shocked if Miami wins game 1 with the long layoff for Denver and then pressure could become a factor.
    I will give Miami the coaching advantage for sure.

Agreed but Malone’s no stiff. He’s done a very good job with this team and seems to be a steadying influence.

Watching the Boston-Miami series I realized that I don't really like either team for one reason or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Caleb Martin has a legit chance at series MVP if Miami wins.
    Martin should have been the MVP

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    The Dallas Cowboys of the NBA
    Wow, that's a really harsh insult. Don't know that that deserve that level of criticism. I mean that's like calling them UNCheat.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Martin deserved MVP!
    Yeah, he was the difference in last nights game.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    They added a really good player, Malcolm Brogdon, and did WORSE. Mazzulla was criticized by very knowledgeable professional basketball commentators all season long for various coaching blunders and for just generally seeming completely lost.

He was not ready for this job. Period.
    I think it might have been a better game if Tatum had not been hurt. Can't believe he went down first play! Speaking of hurt, what was up with Brogdon? Did I hear that he was injured? He did not play up to his usual.

Feel bad for Tatum after being hobbled by the ankle injury.

Boston made so many mistakes defending screens. It's confounding for a team that was scary good defensively last year - there were only glimpses of that in this year's postseason. It makes matters worse that Mazulla doesn't doesn't seem to appreciate the impact Robert Williams has defensively.

Offensively, they had trouble with the zone, and Spoelstra deserves credit there. But when the pressure builds, they keep bailing defenses out by shooting contested jump shots, especially Tatum and Brown. I think that's a personnel issue, as it was a problem even when Stevens and Udoka were coaching.

That said, after the horrible timing of the Udoka situation/firing, Boston had the 2nd best record in the league, and made it to game 7 of the ECF. Disappointing, but not close to a disaster. If they can make moves to improve the team for next year, then go for it, especially if there are issues with Brown. But the core is still young, and there is no reason to make drastic changes just for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    I think so, if Boston is serious about winning #18 before Jayson starts collecting SS.
    I think Boston pushing it to 7 games prevents any chance that Mazzulla gets fired. I don't doubt that there are coaches out there who would do better next season with this roster, but optics matter, and it was their decision to go with Mazzulla to begin with. Nurse is also off the table.

Their original choice to go with an inexperienced Mazzulla for this win now roster was interesting, though, especially considering Snyder was available.

"no one can guard Giannis - Bucks will win"
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    "no one can guard Giannis - Bucks will win"
    No one can guard Jokic. And Porter Jr. And Murray. And KCP. And Gordon.

Gotta make tough choices.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Speaking of hurt, what was up with Brogdon? Did I hear that he was injured? He did not play up to his usual.
    I see you’re not a fan of the Dallas Cowboys. So who is your lifelong favorite NFL team? Just curious.

BTW, Brogdon has a partial tear of a tendon in his right elbow. He said he had been experiencing "a lot of pain" while attempting to play through the injury during the Miami series, and confirmed after game 7 that surgery is a possibility this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    BTW, Brogdon has a partial tear of a tendon in his right elbow. He said he had been experiencing "a lot of pain" while attempting to play through the injury during the Miami series, and confirmed after game 7 that surgery is a possibility this offseason.
    Malcolm Brogon... injured?!?! I'm shocked... shocked, I say!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Malcolm Brogon... injured?!?! I'm shocked... shocked, I say!
    The basketball equivalent of Jacoby Ellsbury.

Erik Spoelstra

He’s becoming an all time NBA coaching great. 2 NBA titles. Now 6 Finals appearances. 20th all time in wins. Of course he owes a lot of his success likely to Pat Riley. It seems he’s always in or winning the NBA Finals (won one as a player, 5 as a head coach, and 2 as an executive). He’s a winner.

I am with Steven on this one. Congrats to you, Tommy, for being a first class fan of the Heat. And congrats to the team for putting it all together at the right time and representing the East in the NBA Finals. Good luck!
    Thanks to you and Steven. You guys are first class all the way. Terrific series for the second straight year between these teams. Rubber match next year?

Will be interesting to see what Boston does with the major decisions they have to make both on and off the court. If I was in charge, I think I'd get the best deal I could for Jaylen and move on, and I'd get a more experienced coach too. Mazulla's inexperience and immaturity really showed, I thought, and I'd want the best coach I could get while my best player is in his prime. What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Will be interesting to see what Boston does with the major decisions they have to make both on and off the court. If I was in charge, I think I'd get the best deal I could for Jaylen and move on, and I'd get a more experienced coach too. Mazulla's inexperience and immaturity really showed, I thought, and I'd want the best coach I could get while my best player is in his prime. What do you guys think?
    Great minds think alike. Or perhaps it's silly minds think alike. Others can judge.

Seriously though, that's what I'd like to see Boston do. Insiders have been saying for a long while now that Jaylen is not fully committed to Boston, so letting him go seems to be the smart play. Mazzulla might end up being a great coach, but the Celtics can't afford to wait and see. Tatum is young, but at the same time he's already been a solid player for the team for years now with no NBA Championship hardware to show for it yet. Gotta strike now!!

And one more thing I've been contemplating. Would the Celtics have been better off getting swept? I ask because perhaps that would have allowed them to get in on the Nick Nurse sweepstakes. He would have been my top choice of all the coaches available this off-season. Now he's gone to Philly. Tough break if the team plans on jettisoning Mazzulla.

I think the Celtics could win more at home if they played that incessant ascending-pitch synthesized organ and bugle music when they were on defense instead of offense. Who exactly likes that stuff when they're trying to make a jumper?

"I think we would've shot better if we had more bugle music." - Jaylen Brown, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by jacone21 View Post
    I think the Celtics could win more at home if they played that incessant ascending-pitch synthesized organ and bugle music when they were on defense instead of offense. Who exactly likes that stuff when they're trying to make a jumper?

"I think we would've shot better if we had more bugle music." - Jaylen Brown, probably.
    Or that awesome Minnesota Vikings horn sound?

Great minds think alike. Or perhaps it's silly minds think alike. Others can judge.

Seriously though, that's what I'd like to see Boston do. Insiders have been saying for a long while now that Jaylen is not fully committed to Boston, so letting him go seems to be the smart play. Mazzulla might end up being a great coach, but the Celtics can't afford to wait and see. Tatum is young, but at the same time he's already been a solid player for the team for years now with no NBA Championship hardware to show for it yet. Gotta strike now!!

And one more thing I've been contemplating. Would the Celtics have been better off getting swept? I ask because perhaps that would have allowed them to get in on the Nick Nurse sweepstakes. He would have been my top choice of all the coaches available this off-season. Now he's gone to Philly. Tough break if the team plans on jettisoning Mazzulla.
    The Bucks are the team to beat. Get their fired coach who knows their players wel.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    The Bucks are the team to beat. Get their fired coach who knows their players wel.
    I don't think Coach Bud is all that great, for starters. But how are the Bucks the team to beat anyway?

If I was Brad Stevens, I'd look at Monty Williams for sure before I considered Bud.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    I don't think Coach Bud is all that great, for starters. But how are the Bucks the team to beat anyway?

If I was Brad Stevens, I'd look at Monty Williams for sure before I considered Bud.
    Who would be the team to beat in the East? Clearly Miami is this year’s darling but the Bucks have been very good under him. Bud beat Williams as I recall so there is that.