Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeTrinity11 View Post
    If we bring back Flip and Mitchell, I'd be surprised if we weren't Preseason title favorites. Guard experience and talent + frontcourt experience and talent + versatility + depth would be incredible.

I think maybe the only missing piece would be a portal big if the coaching staff wants Flip to play PF rather than C. Duke would be devastating offensively though with Flip at the 5.
    I'm trying not to let myself be sucked in by the idea that Flip AND Mitchell return.

Quote Originally Posted by jamos14 View Post
    "We have unfinished business," Proctor says.

This is huge. Emphasis on WE. He won't be the only one returning.
    This is a phrase I have been waiting to hear for several years! So exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    FWIW, in ESPN's story they note that Tyrese was #30 on their current draft rankings, i.e. a borderline first round pick. That means he had a tougher decision to make than many of us thought, as most recent mocks had him more as a mid second rounder.

I don't think it can be understated how big this is for both the program and Coach Scheyer, even more so if the other dominoes that we're expecting to fall soon follow. Coach S said he wanted us to get older, and this is a huge first step to achieving that goal.
    Yep, and perhaps the first feather in the cap for Rachel Baker. Hopefully this means NIL is coming in and those fringe guys are starting to find it financially feasible to stay rather than to go. After Keels left last year, that was still very much an open question.

Fantastic! Yes!

I think he also knows that the draft next year is weaker. He cl's easily work his way into a really good contract by waiting a year, not to mention taking care of the 'unfinished business.'

Very exciting news for next year's team!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Yessssss just what I needed to start the week!
    Isn't it amazing how such big, and important, things can put a smile on your face.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Ha! My daughter just texted me: "This is the best day of my life!" when she saw the announcement.
    Damn, I'm jealous. I didn't raise my kids well enough. They are "only" very, very excited about Tyrese coming back - no one has said, its the best of day of their lives!

Quote Originally Posted by g4orce View Post
    Perhaps I'm not hip to the lingo... what does 'let's run it back 5' mean? Is that a shout-out to the starters returning, or just my wishful thinking?
    Attachment 15574
    "Run it back" is what you say after a pick-up game when there's nobody with NEXT to play the winner. It means the same 2 teams play again. Typically that means the game was competitive and the losing team really thinks they should have won. So nice connotation from young Mr. Proctor!

-c

Quote Originally Posted by cruxer View Post
    "Run it back" is what you say after a pick-up game when there's nobody with NEXT to play the winner. It means the same 2 teams play again. Typically that means the game was competitive and the losing team really thinks they should have won. So nice connotation from young Mr. Proctor!

-c
    Someone spork this man!

Amazing news. So happy for Tyrese and for Duke! This was very unexpected (for me) and I am very pleasantly surprised.

Go Devils! Run it back, Tyrese!
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

Quote Originally Posted by cruxer View Post

-c
    Words of caution...this is the phrase that Bacot, Davis and Love used at the end of the 2022 season....

So awesome. We have the makings of a really dynamic backcourt. Assuming Mark comes back, our only concern is who is our starting center.

We might be slightly worse on defense next year but better on offense. Looking like a top 10 team if Mark comes back. Top 5 if we get Flip back.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Fantastic! Yes!

I think he also knows that the draft next year is weaker. He cl's easily work his way into a really good contract by waiting a year, not to mention taking care of the 'unfinished business.'

Very exciting news for next year's team!!!
    In a year in which Duke beat UNC twice and won the ACC tournament, I don’t consider any business as being unfinished.

The NCAA tournament — if that is to what Proctor is referring— is a total crapshoot and is just icing on the cake.

This makes me so happy. I became a big fan of Proctor after watching an interview breaking down his game before he came to Duke. I wish I could find it but he came across as very mature and a real student of the game. If we can retain/find a solid 5, next year should have plenty of great options at all positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    In a year in which Duke beat UNC twice and won the ACC tournament, I don’t consider any business as being unfinished.

The NCAA tournament — if that is to what Proctor is referring— is a total crapshoot and is just icing on the cake.
    Yep. Really nice icing when we can get it, but the team had a heck of a season and got to hang a banner. Excellent season, regardless of the NCAAT outcome.

That said, I'd love to hang multiple banners every year, so I'm thrilled that he wants to return!

Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oy! Oy! Oy! What a G’Day mate! Out of cliches, so- WELCOME BACK TYRESE!

Let the discussions of who will start with Proctor next year begin!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JGDUKE2008 View Post
    He's 6'4 Look at his Instagram there's a picture of him and Scheyer and hes same height almost Scheyer is 6'5
    Let's check the cinderblocks.

Quote Originally Posted by JGDUKE2008 View Post
    Mccain is 6'4 maybe 6'5 look at his Instagram hes same height as Scheyer almost
    The pic of McCain next to Scheyer suggests to me that Scheyer is 2 inches taller. Which would put McCain at... 6'3".

Just ordered my Tyrese shirt...

I had bookmarked thebrotherhood.live, thinking that I was going to order a shirt(s) for those who chose to come back, but not for those leaving, and noting that I really liked Proctor's shirt the best. Just ordered mine...who's next?!

Quote Originally Posted by jamos14 View Post
    "We have unfinished business," Proctor says.

This is huge. Emphasis on WE. He won't be the only one returning.
    Could be talking about other players but he also specifically said he and Scheyer both agreed they had unfinished business.

Shocked he's back. Thought he was trying to get to the NBA as fast as possible. Things change obviously and sure am glad he's back. He's going to have a great season next season.