Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Huge news! Maybe there is some value in staying another year after all. Here’s to hoping some of his fellow teammates feel the same way as Tyrese.

This is superb news! Tyrese Proctor improved steadily all year, and we get to see him turn into a MONSTER!

This has become a beautiful rainy and overcast morning!
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Brendan Marks on Twitter:

"This Proctor decision was expected, as is at least one other."

Hmmm..Mitchell seems to be the most likely, leaving room for Flip as 50/50.

Quote Originally Posted by jaywilliams22 View Post
    Brendan Marks on Twitter:

"This Proctor decision was expected, as is at least one other."

Hmmm..Mitchell seems to be the most likely, leaving room for Flip as 50/50.
    I said before that as long as we got one of Proctor / Roach plus one of Flip or Mitchell back Duke would be able to contend for a title next year. If we get three back I think it moves us to favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by indy1duke View Post
    Fabulous news. I am sure all the pessimists — the doom and gloom crowd — are surprised and pleased to be wrong.

I think our back court could be a strength if the incoming freshmen play well.
    I am genuinely shocked by this news. I was 100% certain he was gone given the fact that he reclassified, his size, obvious skills, and the way he finished the season. I totally sit here corrected and happily admit I was wrong.

Now have to wonder what dominoes fall from this. Will Blakes or Schutt now look elsewhere?
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

Awesome news, Proctor is so key in getting us back to being an elite team next season. He arrived on campus late last summer and maintained steady improvement all season long. If that continues, the sky is the limit for how good he can be.

We'll have to see what Roach and others decide but even without him we'll have a really big backcourt. Proctor, Foster and Schutt are all listed at 6'5. McCain and Blakes are 6'2 and really solidly built. Still more decisions to be made but this is a great start to the week!

Outstanding! I was feeling less confident about his return. Truly great news.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    We'll have to see what Roach and others decide but even without him we'll have a really big backcourt. Proctor, Foster and Schutt are all listed at 6'5. McCain and Blakes are 6'2 and really solidly built. Still more decisions to be made but this is a great start to the week!
    McCain is 6’4”

https://www.si.com/college/duke/.amp...e-measurements

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    I am genuinely shocked by this news. I was 100% certain he was gone given the fact that he reclassified, his size, obvious skills, and the way he finished the season. I totally sit here corrected and happily admit I was wrong.

Now have to wonder what dominoes fall from this. Will Blakes or Schutt now look elsewhere?
    Haha I don't know, just appreciate the good news and a cup of coffee for a few minutes!

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Great news. He was arguably the most important player to get back, perhaps neck and neck with one of Flip/Lively. A huge boon for next season's roster.
    I concur. With Tyrese, we'll have a very strong backcourt.

This young man improved so much during the year. I hope he has a huge sophomore leap forward.

Perhaps I'm not hip to the lingo... what does 'let's run it back 5' mean? Is that a shout-out to the starters returning, or just my wishful thinking?
    tproc5.PNG

Awesome news!

Brendan Marks Twitter:

"Tyrese Proctor's return- one of several expected for Duke- is a win-win for both sides."

This is getting really, really interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by g4orce View Post
    Perhaps I'm not hip to the lingo... what does 'let's run it back 5' mean? Is that a shout-out to the starters returning, or just my wishful thinking?
    tproc5.PNG
    Proctor wears the jersey number 5. "Run it back 5" = 'Proctor is returning.'

The kind of good news I like to hear first thing in the morning! Must say, I am pleasantly surprised! Tyrese should be a star next season and hopefully we get more good news, Mitchell and or maybe Flip🤞

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Proctor wears the jersey number 5. "Run it back 5" = 'Proctor is returning.'
    Coupled with Marks twitter post, was hoping maybe it meant something else. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanAssassin View Post
    I don’t know whether McCain is 6-2, 6-3 or 6-4, but this from the release on him being named California Gatorade Player of The Year was impressive: “Jared has volunteered locally on behalf of a school sports program for special needs students and has maintained a 4.0 GPA in the classroom.”

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Love the video Tyrese tweeted out: https://twitter.com/tyreseproctor/st...cT35mxugtfMCvw

The Duke social media team is second to none. I’d imagine they’re guiding the timing and production of these decisions, and we may see them staggered a bit (each with their own slickly produced video) so each guy gets his day in the spotlight.
    Second to none.

Amazing news. Amazing video.

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    I said before that as long as we got one of Proctor / Roach plus one of Flip or Mitchell back Duke would be able to contend for a title next year. If we get three back I think it moves us to favorites.
    Hold on, BigZ. A title? Like, National Championship kind of title?? If that’s what you’re thinking you are indeed the optimistic Devil (Blue) of the day!

Now can you get this gray pallor to lift over Chapel Hill — I’m literally referring to the weather where I live, not UNC Basketball — so I can play some clay-court 🎾?