Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Duke's National Title team PGs:

1991: SO Bobby Hurley
    1992: JR Bobby Hurley
    2001: FR Chris Duhon
    2010: SR Jon Scheyer
    2015: FR Tyus Jones

On average, Duke has had a SO PG on its National Title-winning teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Kinda hoping you meant to take the over, there.
    Yes, thank you. Meant to take the over .

Well, we can’t age Proctor more than 1 year in 1 year. And I’m saying I would choose him over any 22, 23 or 24 year old returning PG in the country. So I feel like I am responding to his point. Getting better trumps getting older.

I forget the analyst who stated he felt like Proctor could play himself into a lottery pick next year. That’s how I view him. A budding superstar on offense who is already an elite defender. I really loved this kid’s game. Have from the moment I saw him in the blue white game.

It would be really great if we could bring Proctor, Mitchell and Flip back with the same level NIL package to avoid any resentment or disunity. A lot of people think that was a big issue for UNC this year. I don’t see it happening with Jon and these three - too much love and respect. And we tend to do things right at Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post

On average Bobby Hurley and I have one national title.

Great news and certainly Proctor is the most important player to have return of any Duke player.
    Love his vision, size, improving outside shot, creativity in the lane, calmness, leadership, and even his hair.

If we get minimum one more returnee (Flip or Mitchell), then I really like our chances next year to get to the Final Four.

Would love Jeremy Roach back but just don’t see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBrickey View Post
    Oh come on. I would take Proctor over any other returning PG in America next year. He will be a candidate for ACC player of the year and All-American. This kid is a natural born PG and will make many many millions in the NBA. Given how much he improved during the season, I expect him to make s big leap over the summer.
    You may be right. And what you say is completely nonresponsive to the point I was making, which had to do about the age of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Rmarkste View Post
    Great news and certainly Proctor is the most important player to have return of any Duke player.
    Love his vision, size, improving outside shot, creativity in the lane, calmness, leadership, and even his hair.

If we get minimum one more returnee (Flip or Mitchell), then I really like our chances next year to get to the Final Four.

Would love Jeremy Roach back but just don’t see that happening.
    Getting an experienced PG back next season is very important to the team as relying on freshmen for that role is a crap shoot. He has size, handle and quickness and is clearly an above average defender and his offense was developing. Gives us great depth at guard. We lacked playable depth this past season which showed up when we lost Mitchell for the Tennessee game. I sure Jon is delighted with the news and is hoping for more good news shortly.

Wouldn't have blamed him one bit for leaving... he has a world of potential and was really starting to show it. Will be a treat to watch him grow into it next year in a Duke uniform. My #5 jersey has been worth every penny!

Quote Originally Posted by InSpades View Post
    Wouldn't have blamed him one bit for leaving... he has a world of potential and was really starting to show it. Will be a treat to watch him grow into it next year in a Duke uniform. My #5 jersey has been worth every penny!
    THIS is the best part for me. Can't wait...

Quote Originally Posted by InSpades View Post
    Sounds cheap for a jersey. Would have guessed it was at least a nickel.

Sounds cheap for a jersey. Would have guessed it was at least a nickel.
    Worth every penny … could have been millions! 😊

Duhan was not the point guard Jason Williams was

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    You may be right. And what you say is completely nonresponsive to the point I was making, which had to do about the age of the team.
    Fair enough. Sorry. I was a little distracted at the time - and pretty excited about the Proctor. He’s the freshman I most wanted back because I believe he can elevate the whole team.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBrickey View Post
    Fair enough. Sorry. I was a little distracted at the time - and pretty excited about the Proctor. He’s the freshman I most wanted back because I believe he can elevate the whole team.
    I'm super excited about him too! That was the first comment I made in post #1 of this thread! I think he's gonna grow into an even better player than he was this year, and what I really also hope is that he steps into a leadership role on this team.

Lets go!!

Well, I got my wish. I wanted Tyrese to return because I think he's the key for Duke to reach it's goals of hanging banners. Now, let's get Flip and Mark back on the ship and I'll really be excited.

As for the discussion on experience (age-class) and Coach Scheyer's comment on getting older, we had to begin somewhere. This is step one and I hope we see steps 2 and 3 coming soon. I was happy to see the comments Tyrese made regarding getting back on campus to begin work for next season. I did not realize how important that was last year. It does make a difference.

GoDuke and let's run it back!

So, who is announcing their return today?

Quote Originally Posted by jaywilliams22 View Post
    So, who is announcing their return today?
    Okay, okay. I'll tell.

It is I.

I plan to return to DBR for the 23-24 season.

Let the celebration begin.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Okay, okay. I'll tell.

It is I.

I plan to return to DBR for the 23-24 season.

Let the celebration begin.
    I hope you inked a very lucrative NIL deal! So glad you decided not to enter the portal.