Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 204
  1. #121
    Duke's National Title team PGs:

    1991: SO Bobby Hurley
    1992: JR Bobby Hurley
    2001: FR Chris Duhon
    2010: SR Jon Scheyer
    2015: FR Tyus Jones

    On average, Duke has had a SO PG on its National Title-winning teams.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Kinda hoping you meant to take the over, there.
    Yes, thank you. Meant to take the over .

  3. #123
    Well, we canít age Proctor more than 1 year in 1 year. And Iím saying I would choose him over any 22, 23 or 24 year old returning PG in the country. So I feel like I am responding to his point. Getting better trumps getting older.

    I forget the analyst who stated he felt like Proctor could play himself into a lottery pick next year. Thatís how I view him. A budding superstar on offense who is already an elite defender. I really loved this kidís game. Have from the moment I saw him in the blue white game.

  4. #124
    It would be really great if we could bring Proctor, Mitchell and Flip back with the same level NIL package to avoid any resentment or disunity. A lot of people think that was a big issue for UNC this year. I donít see it happening with Jon and these three - too much love and respect. And we tend to do things right at Duke.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North of Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Duke's National Title team PGs:

    1991: SO Bobby Hurley
    1992: JR Bobby Hurley
    2001: FR Chris Duhon
    2010: SR Jon Scheyer
    2015: FR Tyus Jones

    On average, Duke has had a SO PG on its National Title-winning teams.
    On average Bobby Hurley and I have one national title.

  6. #126
    Great news and certainly Proctor is the most important player to have return of any Duke player.
    Love his vision, size, improving outside shot, creativity in the lane, calmness, leadership, and even his hair.

    If we get minimum one more returnee (Flip or Mitchell), then I really like our chances next year to get to the Final Four.

    Would love Jeremy Roach back but just donít see that happening.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyBrickey View Post
    Oh come on. I would take Proctor over any other returning PG in America next year. He will be a candidate for ACC player of the year and All-American. This kid is a natural born PG and will make many many millions in the NBA. Given how much he improved during the season, I expect him to make s big leap over the summer.
    You may be right. And what you say is completely nonresponsive to the point I was making, which had to do about the age of the team.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmarkste View Post
    Great news and certainly Proctor is the most important player to have return of any Duke player.
    Love his vision, size, improving outside shot, creativity in the lane, calmness, leadership, and even his hair.

    If we get minimum one more returnee (Flip or Mitchell), then I really like our chances next year to get to the Final Four.

    Would love Jeremy Roach back but just donít see that happening.
    Getting an experienced PG back next season is very important to the team as relying on freshmen for that role is a crap shoot. He has size, handle and quickness and is clearly an above average defender and his offense was developing. Gives us great depth at guard. We lacked playable depth this past season which showed up when we lost Mitchell for the Tennessee game. I sure Jon is delighted with the news and is hoping for more good news shortly.

  9. #129
    Wouldn't have blamed him one bit for leaving... he has a world of potential and was really starting to show it. Will be a treat to watch him grow into it next year in a Duke uniform. My #5 jersey has been worth every penny!

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by InSpades View Post
    Wouldn't have blamed him one bit for leaving... he has a world of potential and was really starting to show it. Will be a treat to watch him grow into it next year in a Duke uniform. My #5 jersey has been worth every penny!
    THIS is the best part for me. Can't wait...

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by InSpades View Post
    Wouldn't have blamed him one bit for leaving... he has a world of potential and was really starting to show it. Will be a treat to watch him grow into it next year in a Duke uniform. My #5 jersey has been worth every penny!
    Sounds cheap for a jersey. Would have guessed it was at least a nickel.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St Augustine, FL
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Sounds cheap for a jersey. Would have guessed it was at least a nickel.
    Worth every penny Ö could have been millions! 😊

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Duke's National Title team PGs:

    1991: SO Bobby Hurley
    1992: JR Bobby Hurley
    2001: FR Chris Duhon
    2010: SR Jon Scheyer
    2015: FR Tyus Jones

    On average, Duke has had a SO PG on its National Title-winning teams.
    Duhan was not the point guard Jason Williams was

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    You may be right. And what you say is completely nonresponsive to the point I was making, which had to do about the age of the team.
    Fair enough. Sorry. I was a little distracted at the time - and pretty excited about the Proctor. Heís the freshman I most wanted back because I believe he can elevate the whole team.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyBrickey View Post
    Fair enough. Sorry. I was a little distracted at the time - and pretty excited about the Proctor. Heís the freshman I most wanted back because I believe he can elevate the whole team.
    I'm super excited about him too! That was the first comment I made in post #1 of this thread! I think he's gonna grow into an even better player than he was this year, and what I really also hope is that he steps into a leadership role on this team.

  16. #136
    Lets go!!

  17. #137
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC
    Well, I got my wish. I wanted Tyrese to return because I think he's the key for Duke to reach it's goals of hanging banners. Now, let's get Flip and Mark back on the ship and I'll really be excited.

    As for the discussion on experience (age-class) and Coach Scheyer's comment on getting older, we had to begin somewhere. This is step one and I hope we see steps 2 and 3 coming soon. I was happy to see the comments Tyrese made regarding getting back on campus to begin work for next season. I did not realize how important that was last year. It does make a difference.

    GoDuke and let's run it back!

  18. #138
    So, who is announcing their return today?

  19. #139
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Quote Originally Posted by jaywilliams22 View Post
    So, who is announcing their return today?
    Okay, okay. I'll tell.


    It is I.

    I plan to return to DBR for the 23-24 season.




    Let the celebration begin.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Okay, okay. I'll tell.


    It is I.

    I plan to return to DBR for the 23-24 season.




    Let the celebration begin.
    I hope you inked a very lucrative NIL deal! So glad you decided not to enter the portal.

Similar Threads

  1. Celeste Returning!
    By killerleft in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-29-2023, 10:01 PM
  2. Tyrese Proctor reclassifying
    By tommy in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 162
    Last Post: 08-15-2022, 07:42 PM
  3. Welcome to Duke, Tyrese Proctor!
    By DavidBenAkiva in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-02-2022, 09:08 PM
  4. Tyrese Rice suspended
    By roywhite in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2008, 06:47 PM
  5. DBR on Tyrese Rice
    By CDu in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-26-2008, 01:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •