Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    DeLaurier was probably the Duke player that I was most disappointed in. I know he wasn't a *5 star coming out of high school but he was expected to be a good player. A player that was a good defender and a decent offensive player. I thought he would be a Lance Thomas type player. A player that would excel on defense by his senior year and not be a liability on offense. He never became that type player.

GoDuke!
    Three years after graduation, DeLaurier is playing in Israel. He has gotten into one nba game. One brother plays for the Naval Academy. Another is a 2024 hs recruit—a 6’9” center whose 247 consensus ranking is 119–he’s leaning toward Texas A&M.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Great interview. And Tyrese looks like he’s put on some muscle which is great to see.
    I couldn’t get Twitter to work, so I did a deep 4 second search and found this April ‘interview’ on Facebook in which somebody asks Tyrese who the most famous person is on his phone. And so he calls the young man, who seems to now have 2 million followers on Tik Tok. They appear to get along very well—are they hanging out in LA right now? I bet that’s discoverable via social media, but I’m already exhausted.

https://m.facebook.com/WhistleSports...4849663463454/

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    I couldn’t get Twitter to work
    Neither can Elon.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Really really good Tyrese Proctor interview a couple of posts up. He’s going to be a monster! I am so looking forward to next season!
    Go Duke! 9F

Baseline Hoops of Australia has a half-hour video profile of Tyrese Proctor, released earlier today. Mostly footage of him back in Australia during the offseason.

It's Episode 1 of a series. I thought maybe future episodes would be about other athletes, but no. The series is called "Tyrese Proctor: Home", and the end of the video shows a brief preview of the second episode with him in it.

Tyrese Proctor FAMILY BUSINESS - 'Home' Episode 2

Heat Check CBB: Duke Basketball: Tyrese Proctor is poised to become a superstar

However, as the season went on, Proctor started to get his proverbial feet underneath him. Turnovers were still an issue as he adjusted to being a full-time point guard, but he was scoring more efficiently and playing with much more conviction. By the end of the season, he was arguably the best player on the roster.

“I could’ve gone through the whole draft process and tried to go late first round but, yet again, reclassifying gave me a year. I should be a freshman going into this year.”

So, what changed, and what should Duke fans expect from this rising star in the coming season?
    Edited to add: I just noticed that this article gets longer if you subscribe. Sorry; I usually don't link to these kinds of articles, but I thought it ended on a rhetorical question. Sharing the above table was the only reason I posted. You don't have to click over.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Heat Check CBB: Duke Basketball: Tyrese Proctor is poised to become a superstar

Edited to add: I just noticed that this article gets longer if you subscribe. Sorry; I usually don't link to these kinds of articles, but I thought it ended on a rhetorical question. Sharing the above table was the only reason I posted. You don't have to click over.
    I for one, would certainly be thrilled if Tyrese put up March-2023 numbers for an entire season. That would be truly elite PGing.

The third episode of the Australian docuseries "Tyrese Proctor: Home" came out yesterday.