Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    We are all in shock — just like Kendall, Shiv, and Roman. 😮
    ...and Connor.

Everyone always leaves out Con!

Sometimes we have to catch up with the DVR.

Amazing episode. Major kudos to the writers for not wasting a any time showing Logan feeling ill, collapsing, all that stuff, they just we directly to the "you are not serious people" kids.

Tom not in a great position now, Cousin Greg could be delivering pizza in a few weeks...Watching these hapless scoundrels jockey for position is going to be fun...

Amazing episode. What I found to be the most intense was the way that time was portrayed. We have all experienced situations where either time is crawling or time is flying. As the kids were trying to process Logan's death, they were literally trying to stop time, "Can we keep the plane circling for a while until we get our arms around this?" But time always moves at the same speed, and, in the case of the death of the head of a major public multinational corporation, there is no control over time. The needs of the business DO trump the needs of the family and the machinery of the corporation whirls all around them as they absorb the gut punching news - people are stepping in and out of wherever they are, on the phone, the wheels in motion when all the kids want to do is stop...but there is no stopping. The tension of all of that was insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Amazing episode. What I found to be the most intense was the way that time was portrayed. We have all experienced situations where either time is crawling or time is flying. As the kids were trying to process Logan's death, they were literally trying to stop time, "Can we keep the plane circling for a while until we get our arms around this?" But time always moves at the same speed, and, in the case of the death of the head of a major public multinational corporation, there is no control over time. The needs of the business DO trump the needs of the family and the machinery of the corporation whirls all around them as they absorb the gut punching news - people are stepping in and out of wherever they are, on the phone, the wheels in motion when all the kids want to do is stop...but there is no stopping. The tension of all of that was insane!
    Honestly, it felt like one of the more accurate portrayals of death or family crisis that I can remember on television.

Logan had been sick to varying degrees since the pilot episode. Usually on television, a death will either be accompanied by a drawn out hospital stay with well-wishers and regrets, or a very dramatic over-the-top death scene where on-lookers scream and cry and the dying person clutches their chest and mumbles last words.

In real life, frequently, people just kinda... keel over. Especially older people with known conditions. And frequently it is inconveniently timed and doesn't come with a warning that allows for contemplation, last words, etc.

And the reaction of the kids felt very authentic too. Anger. Confusion. Denial. Bargaining. All at once. "Keep the plane in the air," versus "dad just needs the best airplane medical attention possible."

There's seven more episodes to suss out the repercussions, but that episode was magnificent. It felt so... relatively plain in it's depiction of reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Honestly, it felt like one of the more accurate portrayals of death or family crisis that I can remember on television.

Logan had been sick to varying degrees since the pilot episode. Usually on television, a death will either be accompanied by a drawn out hospital stay with well-wishers and regrets, or a very dramatic over-the-top death scene where on-lookers scream and cry and the dying person clutches their chest and mumbles last words.

In real life, frequently, people just kinda... keel over. Especially older people with known conditions. And frequently it is inconveniently timed and doesn't come with a warning that allows for contemplation, last words, etc.

And the reaction of the kids felt very authentic too. Anger. Confusion. Denial. Bargaining. All at once. "Keep the plane in the air," versus "dad just needs the best airplane medical attention possible."

There's seven more episodes to suss out the repercussions, but that episode was magnificent. It felt so... relatively plain in it's depiction of reality.

Yeah, I thought this was one of the best “real” deaths. Just a tense, difficult hour of tv.

...and Connor.

Everyone always leaves out Con!
    OMG, you’re right! I did not intentionally leave out Connor; I just momentarily forgot about him.

I feel bad now. 😞

OMG, you’re right! I did not intentionally leave out Connor; I just momentarily forgot about him.

I feel bad now. 😞
    S'okay. Connor is used to it.

S'okay. Connor is used to it.
    Ya, even his (new) wife is equivocal about him...

Not sure what to expect now, but The Swede would eat this pack of bobos alive should they try and engage with him. Next board meeting should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Ya, even his (new) wife is equivocal about him...

Not sure what to expect now, but The Swede would eat this pack of bobos alive should they try and engage with him. Next board meeting should be fun.
    I found that interaction between Connor and Willa rather honest. He asked point blank if she was with him for money, and she answered honestly "kinda." So they got married.

I found that interaction between Connor and Willa rather honest. He asked point blank if she was with him for money, and she answered honestly "kinda." So they got married.
    I find Willa slowly compromising her values and who she thought she was to be a very engaging side story.

It was! That episode was chock full of excellent, realistic (to me anyway) moments...I have no idea about what the board dynamics will be now, perhaps much is dependent upon who gets Logan's shares/voting rights...I have trouble believing he left them to the You Are Not Serious People troika...

It was! That episode was chock full of excellent, realistic (to me anyway) moments...I have no idea about what the board dynamics will be now, perhaps much is dependent upon who gets Logan's shares/voting rights...I have trouble believing he left them to the You Are Not Serious People troika...
    Maybe Logan did not leave his shares/voting rights to his four children. But if not them, who? There doesn’t seem to be anybody else that he cared about even a little bit.

Maybe Logan did not leave his shares/voting rights to his four children. But if not them, who? There doesn’t seem to be anybody else that he cared about even a little bit.
    We will see what the next few weeks bring, but it seems that for a show named "Succession", their is NO PLAN at all for what actually happens if Logan is not around.

well, he does have his girlfriend or whoever she is...the only thing I expect now is the unexpected...when did he last update his will, last week or last century?

well, he does have his girlfriend or whoever she is...the only thing I expect now is the unexpected...when did he last update his will, last week or last century?
    How about her (Kerry) truly bizarre reaction when she was on the plane and discussing for the first time the fact that Logan had just died? I mean, WOW. 😮

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    We will see what the next few weeks bring, but it seems that for a show named "Succession", their is NO PLAN at all for what actually happens if Logan is not around.
    At least part of the reason for that was by Logan’s design

How about her (Kerry) truly bizarre reaction when she was on the plane and discussing for the first time the fact that Logan had just died? I mean, WOW. 😮
    Maybe she knows something about an updated will?

After all, if your children aren’t serious people…

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Maybe she knows something about an updated will?

After all, if your children aren’t serious people…
    Fair point, but Logan has to bear a significant amount of the responsibility for how his children turned out. It’s not like it’s a coincidence that all four of them are immature and unfocused.

It’s all in the parenting, my friend!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Fair point, but Logan has to bear a significant amount of the responsibility for how his children turned out. It’s not like it’s a coincidence that all four of them are immature and unfocused.

It’s all in the parenting, my friend!
    I have to disagree with this - it's all in the script writing. Most real life sibling groups have members with varying degrees of maturity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I have to disagree with this - it's all in the script writing. Most real life sibling groups have members with varying degrees of maturity.
    Umm, we are collectively trying to suspend reality in pretending Succession is real life. At least that’s what I’m doing. 😉