Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Not sure about that. Willa had already worked out a plan to live in luxury thousands of miles away from him after only a couple weeks of marriage. My takeaway of this reveal was that she was just after his money after all.
    The cow print couch will be delivered soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I think it's also funny, all this discussion of how the siblings all "lost." Well, they aren't in charge, but they have an extra $2-$3b to weep into at night. Not a terrible consolation prize.
    Not only do they have the money, they have a great opportunity to invest in Peter Munion's great opportunity, if only they listened to it down in Barbados!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I bet Tom told Mattson to keep Greg around and promised to continue to torture Greg mercilessly (and Tom already alluded to the fact that Greg is going to get a big pay cut). Tom making Greg's life miserable has been an ongoing theme of the series. Having Greg escape Tom's clutches would have been a happy ending for Greg in the eyes of the viewers.
    If Greg had only stayed away from Waystar, Granpda Ewan would have given him $250MM. Instead, Greenpeace got a few more boats. In Tom and Greg, Matsson now has two of the all time sycophantic lackeys at his disposal, even Wyalon Smithers would blush at the level of debasement they are willing to suffer.

Satisfying ending to the series. 4 seasons was enough. What's next, people?

I’d say they stuck the landing, which is difficult to do. The string of episodes From Logan’s death to the finale had some of the best episodes of TV I’ve seen in a while.

The ending felt right; those chuckleheads were never going to get it. I was surprised by the stunning acknowledgement of Kendall to Shiv that this is basically his identity while simultaneously backtracking on the waiter’s death. Those two sentiments felt at odds.

Shiv’s hand on Tom’s at the end was delicious.

I was really hoping their veil would be more dramatically pierced and thought we were headed that way when Roman charged into the protesters but I guess it was just a dipped toe into the passions of the rabble.

There was no Daenerys to lay waste everything or maybe that was Mattson.

How did I end up liking Logan the most? Maybe he was one of the few people on the show clear-eyed about who he was.

Everyone delivered wonderful performances. Even the side parts, like mom and her new hubby, were just richly observed and specific.

I’m going to eat his cheese!.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    If Greg had only stayed away from Waystar, Granpda Ewan would have given him $250MM.
    So does this make Greg the biggest loser? He turns away $250MM and seemingly doesn't even end up at the bottom of the top. At least the sibs have a few billion to cry on.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    So does this make Greg the biggest loser? He turns away $250MM and seemingly doesn't even end up at the bottom of the top. At least the sibs have a few billion to cry on.
    Greg will never sink, he is a human buoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Greg will never sink, he is a human buoy.
    and a human pin cushion. Execs will keep him around just for the sheer joy of abusing him.

I still can’t get over how funny that knobbies and cheese scene was.

did you guys happen to read that Jeremy Strong who plays Kendall actually tried to jump into the water in the last scene but was restrained (either ironically or appropriately) by Logan's old body man?https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/jer...ie-1235628324/

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    did you guys happen to read that Jeremy Strong who plays Kendall actually tried to jump into the water in the last scene but was restrained (either ironically or appropriately) by Logan's old body man?https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/jer...ie-1235628324/
    Yowza! At least his method isn't harmful to others, but geez.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Yowza! At least his method isn't harmful to others, but geez.
    He’s a notoriously intense actor, IIRC.

It would have been something if Strong - so heavily into his method - decided on his own to jump, perishes and the writers decide nah, we are sticking with the original ending.

Wow! Good thing it wasn't another high balcony scene!

I think most of us considered he might well take the plunge after his plan fell apart but the actual ending was quite perfect.

I think most of us considered he might well take the plunge after his plan fell apart but the actual ending was quite perfect.
    I think that honestly Ken not getting the Top Job might save his life. I feel like him failing at the job would be even more difficult on him than never getting the opportunity. Much like Roman, he's "free" now, with several billion dollars to play with.

He can experiment with venture capitalism with Stewie. Hook up with Naomi. Rebuild his relationship with his kids. Whatever he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I think that honestly Ken not getting the Top Job might save his life. I feel like him failing at the job would be even more difficult on him than never getting the opportunity. Much like Roman, he's "free" now, with several billion dollars to play with.

He can experiment with venture capitalism with Stewie. Hook up with Naomi. Rebuild his relationship with his kids. Whatever he wants.
    I think he will be incredibly good at slowly losing lots and lots of money. Hey, maybe he should buy the Knicks and see if he can screw them up even more than Dolan has.

If his father didn't take him and his sibling seriously (and he clearly did not) it's unlikely anyone else will.

I think he will be incredibly good at slowly losing lots and lots of money. Hey, maybe he should buy the Knicks and see if he can screw them up even more than Dolan has.

If his father didn't take him and his sibling seriously (and he clearly did not) it's unlikely anyone else will.
    Well, I think he might do okay in a different venture that isn't so loaded with emotion and trauma. Maybe I'm just being an optimist.

I was listening to a NY Times contributor discussion about the show and one of the contributors summed up the series this way (tongue in cheek): "They're fighting over a job!?"

That made me laugh.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I was listening to a NY Times contributor discussion about the show and one of the contributors summed up the series this way (tongue in cheek): "They're fighting over a job!?"

That made me laugh.
    Yeah. I saw something similar that was like "wow, these billionaires really want to work?"

Terry Gross has writer/creator Jesse Armstrong on her show now, along with Frank Rich.

Terry Gross has writer/creator Jesse Armstrong on her show now, along with Frank Rich.
    Jesse's discussion of the speech patterns of the major characters was interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    Jesse's discussion of the speech patterns of the major characters was interesting.
    It was. He also felt that none of the three kids had the drive and desire required to do battle as a big time CEO (along the lines of they want a job?)...