Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Kentucky: Jacob Toppin Declares for 2023 NBA Draft

Kentucky men’s basketball senior Jacob Toppin has declared for the 2023 NBA Draft and will forgo his remaining collegiate eligibility.
    The longest tenured member of the Wildcats, Toppin saw action in 86 career games at UK and started in 37. He averaged 8.3 points and 4.7 rebounds per game during his UK career.
    He was a freshman at Rhode Island before transferring to Kentucky and spending 3 seasons there.

I guess he's finally ready to trade in his AT&T phone as well:

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Kentucky: Jacob Toppin Declares for 2023 NBA Draft

He was a freshman at Rhode Island before transferring to Kentucky and spending 3 seasons there.

I guess he's finally ready to trade in his AT&T phone as well:

Not ready to trade in that Richard Marx hairdo though!

images.jpeg
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    Not ready to trade in that Richard Marx hairdo though!

images.jpeg
    I'd say if the NBA dosnt work out, he'll have a career in television Right Here Waiting.

This is different. Gradey Dick announced for the 2023 NBA Draft as a studio guest on ESPN's "NBA Today".

If Dereck Lively II is declaring, he shouldn't wait until next week. He should call "60 Minutes" for a Sunday interview, or even visit the "Saturday Night Live" stage during Quinta Brunson's monologue.

This is different. Gradey Dick announced for the 2023 NBA Draft as a studio guest on ESPN's "NBA Today".

If Dereck Lively II is declaring, he shouldn't wait until next week. He should call "60 Minutes" for a Sunday interview, or even visit the "Saturday Night Live" stage during Quinta Brunson's monologue.
    If Rachel Baker is really good, Lively's announcement will be the entertainment between final four games Saturday night, with full sponsorship lined up and Stanley Borden playing the sax in the background. That would be much more entertaining than hearing Kenny Smith talk (not to set too low of a bar).

Hunter Dickinson to the portal:

https://apple.news/AyGKkLZi_S4-3EaF14jr7TA

Quote Originally Posted by beach rev View Post
    Hunter Dickinson to the portal:

https://apple.news/AyGKkLZi_S4-3EaF14jr7TA
    That could be interesting for us if we are looking for a 5. Dickinson was on Duke’s radar in his recruitment before picking Michigan. He might not get the ball enough with us to make it worthwhile for him, however.

Kentucky: Cason Wallace Set to Enter 2023 NBA Draft

Wallace averaged 11.7 points, 3.7 rebounds, 4.3 assists and 2.0 steals per game in 32 appearances. He had 17 double-figure scoring games and led the team in steals in 19 contests. Wallace had 21 points, four assists, two steals and a career-high nine rebounds against Kansas State in the NCAA Tournament in his final game for the Wildcats.
    ESPN ranks him as the 3rd best point guard prospect and 10th overall.

Also, Tramon Mark of Houston (starter, sophomore guard, averages 10 points and 5 rebounds) tweeted his declaration/testing the waters/transfer portal free agency.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Kentucky: Cason Wallace Set to Enter 2023 NBA Draft

ESPN ranks him as the 3rd best point guard prospect and 10th overall.

Also, Tramon Mark of Houston (starter, sophomore guard, averages 10 points and 5 rebounds) tweeted his declaration/testing the waters/transfer portal free agency.
    It's announcements like these that make me wonder why people assume any of our guys are waiting 'til the FF is over. Not saying that they won't, but there's no magical seal that prevents any player from doing so.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    It's announcements like these that make me wonder why people assume any of our guys are waiting 'til the FF is over. Not saying that they won't, but there's no magical seal that prevents any player from doing so.
    Nothing prevents them from announcing anything, but with Duke sports media they get a professional production that will last a lifetime.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Nothing prevents them from announcing anything, but with Duke sports media they get a professional production that will last a lifetime.
    You mean like the treatment that UK gave Wallace?
    https://twitter.com/wallace_cason/st...288468483?s=20

What's that got to do with the Final Four?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

There are various practical reasons that we wouldn't know about. Just to speculate, maybe coaches are away from campus and in Houston to network. Maybe players are in Houston to collect an award or participate in some All-Star event. Spring break, midterms, something.

Looking at Kentucky and Duke, both teams had their seasons end in the second round, but maybe Calipari takes less time to wrap up his postseason interviews so he can focus on the transfer portal. Maybe Scheyer's experience with Trevor Keels' prolonged draft decision has made him more patient about that kind of thing.

You mean like the treatment that UK gave Wallace?
    https://twitter.com/wallace_cason/st...288468483?s=20

What's that got to do with the Final Four?
    CBB - Absence of Duke announcements until next week. Coaches are all in Houston, I would guess

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    CBB - Absence of Duke announcements until next week. Coaches are all in Houston, I would guess
    Most know this: the coaches assn meets at the Final Four. It's where job info and gossip circulate. I think every coach attends. There are formal sessions Thurs through Monday

Looks like Armaan Franklin from UVA has declared for the draft. UVA has officially lost their entire starting 5, as well as some key reserves.

Wow, Bennett is a great coach but that’s a tall order. Especially for a program that relies on continuity and does not reload with five stars every year. If UVA falls off and UNC-CHeat is unable to reload, the conference may be ours for the taking, pending what happens with the guards who play for LifeWallet, I mean Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Wow, Bennett is a great coach but that’s a tall order. Especially for a program that relies on continuity and does not reload with five stars every year. If UVA falls off and UNC-CHeat is unable to reload, the conference may be ours for the taking, pending what happens with the guards who play for LifeWallet, I mean Miami.
    Yea, Bennetts defensive system is absolutely not setup to have 5 new starters. It takes time to learn. They could be in for a longer than normal season.

I'll be interested to see what Syracuse puts on the floor with their new coaching regime.

I fully expect Miami to reload via John Ruiz...I mean the portal.

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by bshrader View Post
    Looks like Armaan Franklin from UVA has declared for the draft. UVA has officially lost their entire starting 5, as well as some key reserves.
    Kind of makes me wonder what is going on in Charlottesville, to have so many players choosing to move on. Bennett’s style isn’t fun to watch and maybe it grates on the players, too?

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Kind of makes me wonder what is going on in Charlottesville, to have so many players choosing to move on. Bennett’s style isn’t fun to watch and maybe it grates on the players, too?
    Yep. And I can’t imagine Beekman wanting to come back for a re-build, even though I think he is retaining his eligibility (for now).

Quote Originally Posted by bshrader View Post
    Yea, Bennetts defensive system is absolutely not setup to have 5 new starters. It takes time to learn. They could be in for a longer than normal season.

I'll be interested to see what Syracuse puts on the floor with their new coaching regime.

I fully expect Miami to reload via John Ruiz...I mean the portal.
    Miami will be tough next year. Jordan Miller will be a tough loss, but I expect all of their other key guys to stay thanks to LifeWallet funding. While Isaiah Wong’s draft prospects don’t improve by staying, why not get paid a million to be the toast of Miami for one more year instead of a random cold weather G League city?