Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Exactly. The only ACC teams I never cheered for are UNC and Maryland. Maryland is definitely lower on the hate scale but that fanbase was miserable in the late 90s and early 2000s. Screw those guys!
    I didn't think I had any residual hate for Maryland, but found myself actively rooting against them over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Exactly. The only ACC teams I never cheered for are UNC and Maryland. Maryland is definitely lower on the hate scale but that fanbase was miserable in the late 90s and early 2000s. Screw those guys!
    Agree, I’m pleased Miami made it and hope they can keep winning. Glad the ACC streak in Sweet 16 is still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    Team still underachieved and won two tournament games b/c opponents missed put backs at the buzzard.
    Are you saying they preyed too much?

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Are you going to carrion with the puns?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Their coach is really good at getting the most out of his talent. I'd say the same about Hamilton at FSU.
    Well, he generally has players who are in their 30's, so I'm not so sure...

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    There is a bit of a vulture culture around here. Picking about the remnants of a dead season (or any dead topic, for that matter).
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

You aren't even talon the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    There is a bit of a vulture culture around here. Picking about the remnants of a dead season (or any dead topic, for that matter).
    like a falcon, this post swooped in and generated a pair-a-grins in the uh_no household
    April 1

Team still underachieved and won two tournament games b/c opponents missed put backs at the buzzard.
    They didn't underachieve. They reached the elite-8 and lost to another top-5 team in a one-possession game. And that was despite dealing with injuries to two key regulars (Reddish and White).

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Good band name.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Good band name.
    It's already the title track of an album, actually.

It's already the title track of an album, actually.
    I really loved his work with Austin Powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I didn't think I had any residual hate for Maryland, but found myself actively rooting against them over the weekend.
    I was rooting for them b/c Bama is trash program but I didn't think they have much chance.

I was rooting for them b/c Bama is trash program but I didn't think they have much chance.
    Yep, it says something about Bama that the easy answer was to cheer for Maryland over Bama.

I've always hated the concept of rooting for ACC teams in the tournament just b/c they are in our conference b/c there are teams in the ACC I don't want to win but I have no issue rooting this Miami team.
    I'm generally in favor of ACC teams not named unc to win as we get a share of their NCAA money.

-jk

Should the thread title change since there is an ACC team in the Sweet 16?

Should the thread title change since there is an ACC team in the Sweet 16?
    That depends upon when you started cheering for Duke and ACC teams.

I heard an interesting take about Miami on ACC XM radio this morning (yes there is at least one listener). They joined the ACC to improve the ACC's standing in football. Now we are thrilled that they are helping the ACC's standing in basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    That depends upon when you started cheering for Duke and ACC teams.

I heard an interesting take about Miami on ACC XM radio this morning (yes there is at least one listener). They joined the ACC to improve the ACC's standing in football. Now we are thrilled that they are helping the ACC's standing in basketball.
    Back when GT was the new kid on the block. I'm OK counting the newer members but I would be happy if the number was smaller so we could go back to home and away with all the schools in the ACC for bball.

And get off my lawn.

I will root for Miami. I like Wong, he's a player. I would have loved to have him at Duke. His style would have fit in very well.

I'd root for other ACC teams, too, except for one. I think some other teams' fans would never root for Duke, but I know several that do, once their team is out. Maybe it's for the ACC, maybe it's for the money. But they at least casually pull for Duke.

I will never root for Carolina. Ever. EVER. I hate Kentucky with a passion, but I'd put on Wildcat garb and grow a beard if that would help them beat the Heels.

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

Quote Originally Posted by kako View Post
    I will root for Miami. I like Wong, he's a player. I would have loved to have him at Duke. His style would have fit in very well.

I'd root for other ACC teams, too, except for one. I think some other teams' fans would never root for Duke, but I know several that do, once their team is out. Maybe it's for the ACC, maybe it's for the money. But they at least casually pull for Duke.

I will never root for Carolina. Ever. EVER. I hate Kentucky with a passion, but I'd put on Wildcat garb and grow a beard if that would help them beat the Heels.

9F
    I hope you're a he.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan