Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Not sure what Big Z meant as a "run". I am gonna infer that he meant a Final Four run, in which case you'd have to go back to 2016.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Isn't it 2010?
    Assuming the original poster meant won ACC and national championship. Pretty sure 15 ACC national championship winners won 8 ACC tournament championships. By my count they did start out 6-1 though.
    Yeah, it depends on what one defines as “a run” in the NCAAT. I would consider making the Elite 8 and being one possession from the Final Four to be making a run.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Yeah, it depends on what one defines as “a run” in the NCAAT. I would consider making the Elite 8 and being one possession from the Final Four to be making a run.
    I would too actually. I just assume others feel like it's championship or bust.

I would too actually. I just assume others feel like it's championship or bust.
    Well, I think we can agree that those people are doofuses.

Shut down the thread.

This will be the 4th time Jim Larrañaga has taken Miami, FL to the sweet 16 and his 5th time taking a team to the sweet 16 overall. He took George Mason to the final four in 2005-2006. He’s 73 and still an excellent coach in the industry, which is even more impressive since he’s been able to navigate the NIL/transfer portal era with an elite eight appearance last year and at least a sweet 16 appearance this year. I think they will give Houston a good game this week in the regional semifinals.

He’s under contract at Miami, FL until the end of the 2025-2026 season when he’ll be 76.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    This will be the 4th time Jim Larrañaga has taken Miami, FL to the sweet 16 and his 5th time taking a team to the sweet 16 overall. He took George Mason to the final four in 2005-2006. He’s 73 and still an excellent coach in the industry, which is even more impressive since he’s been able to navigate the NIL/transfer portal era with an elite eight appearance last year and at least a sweet 16 appearance this year. I think they will give Houston a good game this week in the regional semifinals.

He’s under contract at Miami, FL until the end of the 2025-2026 season when he’ll be 76.
    He believes in guards. He has some good ones

Title of thread should be changed - or we need a new thread, cause Miami just took out, Indiana 85-69. Wong with 27. Houston next.

Go Miami! Represent!

I would love to see them take out Houston.

real question: how does Miami pulling this out impact our NET?
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    NET net? Zero.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    x5eh4.jpg
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Moo Image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    You have to go all the way back to… 2019.
    Team still underachieved and won two tournament games b/c opponents missed put backs at the buzzard.

I've always hated the concept of rooting for ACC teams in the tournament just b/c they are in our conference b/c there are teams in the ACC I don't want to win but I have no issue rooting this Miami team.

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    I've always hated the concept of rooting for ACC teams in the tournament just b/c they are in our conference b/c there are teams in the ACC I don't want to win but I have no issue rooting this Miami team.
    Their coach is really good at getting the most out of his talent. I'd say the same about Hamilton at FSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Their coach is really good at getting the most out of his talent. I'd say the same about Hamilton at FSU.
    I remember the old days when fans would chant "ACC!" when a team from the conference was beating an opponent from another conference in support of one of the ACC brethren. I ALWAYS pull for ACC teams not named UNC.

I remember the old days when fans would chant "ACC!" when a team from the conference was beating an opponent from another conference in support of one of the ACC brethren. I ALWAYS pull for ACC teams not named UNC.
    Same. Except for a few Terps years.

Finally! Something that we agree on! Password here we come!!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Finally! Something that we agree on! Password here we come!!
    I sporked you for that video. Brilliant show.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Same. Except for a few Terps years.
    Exactly. The only ACC teams I never cheered for are UNC and Maryland. Maryland is definitely lower on the hate scale but that fanbase was miserable in the late 90s and early 2000s. Screw those guys!