Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kfanarmy View Post
    Well, he generally has players who are in their 30's, so I'm not so sure...
    Rumor has it that Kihei Clark is transferring to Miami under a pseudonym for a few more years of eligibility.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Personally, I don’t like when thread titles get changed. First it was No ACC teams in the Sweet Sixteen, now it’s what?

Turns out the dominant conference this year was … no conference — assuming Princeton doesn’t run the table for the Ivy.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Personally, I don’t like when thread titles get changed. First it was No ACC teams in the Sweet Sixteen, now it’s what?
    That had to be changed because it was wrong.
    Or should I say Wong?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    Turns out the dominant conference this year was … no conference — assuming Princeton doesn’t run the table for the Ivy.
    The Big East has a chance to get three into the Elite 8

It’s CUSA.

Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post
    It’s CUSA.
    CUSA is currently 14-1 in post-season games!

In addition to FAU going 3-0 in the NCAAT,

- North Texas is 3-0 and in the NIT Final Four
    - UAB is 3-0 and in the NIT Final Four
    - Charlotte went 4-0 winning the CBI
    - Rice went 1-1 in the CBI

Big East

Quote Originally Posted by doctorhook View Post
    Big East
    xavier going down hard, but 2 in the E8 is still a good outcome.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    That had to be changed because it was wrong.
    Or should I say Wong?
    Channeling my inner Jon Lovitz: he just wants to be loved, is that so wong?
    Last edited by DukieInBrasil; 03-25-2023 at 08:03 AM. Reason: o

Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post
    It’s CUSA.
    I know it's fashionable here to diss the Big-Almost-12, but they can also claim two of the remaining eight teams, along with arguably the most impressive player of the tournament (Nowell) and a success story that few are dwelling on (Texas succeeding under an interim coach). Since they can also claim the past two natty champs (different schools than those still in the running this year), they can justifiably lay an early claim of conference-of-the-decade.

Time to root for Miami. We were fortunate to not have to play them with Omier in the ACC tournament. We might have still won, but it would have been more difficult. They play beautiful ball, not thug ball like so many teams.

I also like KState, a school that gets no respect in their conference. Speaking of which, really sad that Texas and Oklahoma are leaving the Big 12 for the SEC. One would think this tournament would prove the worth of basketball. So much more fun than watching 50 boring bowl games prior to the football championship.

It seems a linkup between the Big 12 and ACC might make a lot of sense. Their schools are all in the Central Time zone, and not much if any further distance from Durham than BC or Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMeDoIt View Post
    One would think this tournament would prove the worth of basketball. So much more fun than watching 50 boring bowl games prior to the football championship.
    I know we're derailing the thread. Basketball always has been and always will be there for the Big 10. Basketball will never be there for the SEC. ESPN owns all the southern properties, which is why we'll be watching a challenge that will be 10-5 ACC indefinitely in two years.

One man's observation and opinion, take it for what it's worth: When I read a post that contains the word "thug" (and there have been quite a few in the past week), I immediately stop reading.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMeDoIt View Post
    Time to root for Miami. We were fortunate to not have to play them with Omier in the ACC tournament. We might have still won, but it would have been more difficult. They play beautiful ball, not thug ball like so many teams.

I also like KState, a school that gets no respect in their conference. Speaking of which, really sad that Texas and Oklahoma are leaving the Big 12 for the SEC. One would think this tournament would prove the worth of basketball. So much more fun than watching 50 boring bowl games prior to the football championship.

It seems a linkup between the Big 12 and ACC might make a lot of sense. Their schools are all in the Central Time zone, and not much if any further distance from Durham than BC or Miami.
    Plan on rooting for Miami if you like a future winning program. Their ability to offer huge contracts (Pack), maybe renegotiate other contracts (Wong - we will never know), bring on other free agents and still stay under the salary cap is amazing. Year end bonuses for Elite 8 and possible Final 4 loom large.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    I know we're derailing the thread. Basketball always has been and always will be there for the Big 10. Basketball will never be there for the SEC. ESPN owns all the southern properties, which is why we'll be watching a challenge that will be 10-5 ACC indefinitely in two years.
    Yet they have only won 1 National Championship in the past 34 years, in 2000.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    You have to go all the way back to… 2019.
    The number 1 overall seed getting to elite eight isn’t a run

Re The Conference of Champions

Ucla's two key players out injured was definitely a huge factor in their loss to Gonzaga, particularly in the second half when Ucla looked gassed. On the west coast I am not a Ucla fan but even less of a Gonzaga fan.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Plan on rooting for Miami if you like a future winning program. Their ability to offer huge contracts (Pack), maybe renegotiate other contracts (Wong - we will never know), bring on other free agents and still stay under the salary cap is amazing. Year end bonuses for Elite 8 and possible Final 4 loom large.
    Possibly but Daddy Warbucks' (John Ruiz) company stock price has crashed. Going forward he might be more concerned about dealing with a delisting than NIL deals. It's a problem with a singular big "look at me donor" that suddenly doesn't have the money. Even in this Wild West of NIL he managed to get Miami an NCAA infraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Possibly but Daddy Warbucks' (John Ruiz) company stock price has crashed. Going forward he might be more concerned about dealing with a delisting than NIL deals. It's a problem with a singular big "look at me donor" that suddenly doesn't have the money. Even in this Wild West of NIL he managed to get Miami an NCAA infraction.
    Looking at their football recruiting rankings, I believe Ruiz has helped out equally there as well. (Although I know it didn’t help their results on the field last year, but it is expected to going forward).

I would be more than pleased if Ruiz was not in a position to help them in the future.