Page 72 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1750
    Hey! It's 10:39. What's happening?

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Hey! It's 10:39. What's happening?

FLIP!!!!! OMG, AMAZING!!!!

This guy on youtube did this crazy backwards flip but stopped his rotation and landed on his feet. Wow!

Do I remember correctly that January 1, 2000 was supposed to be the end of the world?

Quote Originally Posted by HoKogan View Post

This guy on youtube did this crazy backwards flip but stopped his rotation and landed on his feet. Wow!
    what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you

Quote Originally Posted by Southgate0809 View Post
    My ninja intuition leads me to predict that Flip will announce his return to Duke around 11:00am today.
    eastern? mountain? hawaiian?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by House P View Post
    I am still befuddled that Duke played an NCAA tournament game against Oral Roberts and nobody mentioned MC 900 Ft. Jesus.

I'm proud to say I owned that album on tape.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Flip posted an ominously reminiscent story on IG about this season. Not gonna read too much into it, but…

Quote Originally Posted by HoKogan View Post

But did he lose his dribble in the middle of the spin move

Quote Originally Posted by simplyluvin View Post
    Flip posted an ominously reminiscent story on IG about this season. Not gonna read too much into it, but…
    Little bit of reverse psychology??

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I'm proud to say I owned that album on tape.
    Awesome!

By the way, MC 900 Ft. Jesus sounds like an excellent rim protector to replace Dereck Lively. I would if he has "heard from" Duke.

Isn't that post from a few weeks back?

Meaning right after the season officially ended?

Really thought we were going to get an announcement from one of Flip or Roach today.

Maybe they're waiting until next week after the Masters?

I have inside sources that inform me Flip will announce his decision within the next 18 days.

I heard that the Saudis threw a bunch of money at him, and he's joining the LIV tour.

No he didn't?

This Flip decision is stressing me out. After dragging it out this long, it's going to feel even worse when he declares for the draft

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    This Flip decision is stressing me out. After dragging it out this long, it's going to feel even worse when he declares for the draft
    Yeah, for what it's worth I was one of those who was very confident that he would return given what we know about him and what intel has leaked out... but my confidence in that decreases with each passing day. Kind of how I feel after seemingly acing a big job interview a little while back and getting very positive signals from my prospective bosses, but with each day that passes more doubt creeps into my mind, haha.

Kyle, if you're reading this, I may or may not be going absolutely insane waiting for the latter decision, so if you could ease my mind regarding the former decision you'd be doing me a big favor
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    I have to admit, last week I felt for sure he was coming back. The longer this goes, the more likely it seems he's gone. Might be waiting for feedback before making his final decision, but it seems like he's going to declare.

Quote Originally Posted by azzefkram View Post
    An update to the KNOWN/TBD list

So, Duke next year is

KNOWN (8)
    Tyrese Proctor
    Ryan Young
    Mark Mitchell
    Caleb Foster
    Jared McCain
    Sean Stewart
    TJ Power
    MacKenzie MgBako

TBD (5)
    Flip
    Jeremy Roach
    Christian Reeves
    Jaylen Blakes
    Jaden Schutt

The KNOWN list is a pretty solid team.
    Question for the crowd here -

If Kyle goes to the Draft, then we would have presumably Ryan Young, Christian Reeves, Mark Mitchell, Sean Stewart, TJ Power, and MacKenzie MgBako in the frontcourt.

For argument's sake, say Young and Reeves take 25 minutes, that leaves us with two scenarios -
    A - 15 small-ball minutes with a non-true Center
    B - Add a Center from the transfer portal who is good enough to take minutes away from Reeves

Here's the follow-on questions -
    How committed are we to giving Reeves minutes now so he can be a potential starter as a junior or senior?
    If we get a transfer portal center now, how likely is it that Reeves transfers?
    Are we going to have these either/or decisions each year? Or will Scheyer's new recruiting philosophy kick in and we start playing guys a little more in all but the biggest games?

We have not had the benefit of seeing Reeves in practice for the past year, or knowing those internal discussions, but this or Jaden Schutt are going to be the first continuity tests we see play out under Scheyer.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Question for the crowd here -

If Kyle goes to the Draft, then we would have presumably Ryan Young, Christian Reeves, Mark Mitchell, Sean Stewart, TJ Power, and MacKenzie MgBako in the frontcourt.

For argument's sake, say Young and Reeves take 25 minutes, that leaves us with two scenarios -
    A - 15 small-ball minutes with a non-true Center
    B - Add a Center from the transfer portal who is good enough to take minutes away from Reeves

Here's the follow-on questions -
    How committed are we to giving Reeves minutes now so he can be a potential starter as a junior or senior?
    If we get a transfer portal center now, how likely is it that Reeves transfers?
    Are we going to have these either/or decisions each year? Or will Scheyer's new recruiting philosophy kick in and we start playing guys a little more in all but the biggest games?

We have not had the benefit of seeing Reeves in practice for the past year, or knowing those internal discussions, but this or Jaden Schutt are going to be the first continuity tests we see play out under Scheyer.
    To answer the first question: If Duke both (a) loses Flip and (b) fails to add an impact center to the team next year, I'll be both shocked and disappointed. I think the chances of that are very slim. As it is right now, I tend to expect both (a) AND (b) to happen.

I was always of the belief that Ryan Young returning to school spelled doom for Reeves, if he has any plans on playing significant minutes next season. Ryan Young isn't good enough to log starter's minutes at the 5 on a national-champion-caliber team, which means either Lively returning (RIP), Flip getting big minutes at the 5 (seems unlikely) or adding a transfer via the portal has seemed likely since the season ended.

I hope Reeves stays, but he knows he won't see a whole lot of the floor this year, and it's never been easier in college sports to go find someplace where he can.