Page 60 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1750
    Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    It's only been the "offseason" for two weeks and the board has already collectively gone insane. New record?
    To be fair I started out insane.

Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post
    I think we get an announcement from Lively today saying that he’s gone. Roach will say he’s staying on Monday. Flip gone on Tuesday. Holmes transfers on Wednesday. Foster reopens recruitment by the end of next week.
    Wow, that's not what I expect, but would make for interesting team dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Wow, that's not what I expect, but would make for interesting team dynamic.
    My best guess is:

Lively declares for NBA early next week after championship
    Flip announces later that week that he's staying
    Roach TBD, could take awhile

I think the odds of Roach coming back have increased a lot with Proctor and Mitchell returning. I think he would of left if he wasn't going to be on a team that could win a national title.

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    … I don’t understand what the heck anyone is talking about anymore.
    Maybe this will help. Note: Shipping is free if you want to give it a try.

https://goop.com/heretic-this-smells-like-my-vagina-candle/p/

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    I think the odds of Roach coming back have increased a lot with Proctor and Mitchell returning. I think he would of left if he wasn't going to be on a team that could win a national title.
    imagine if we got through tennessee and barely lose in the championship game. imagine having flip return with 4 starters back next year and being preseason#1. then we poop the bed and miss the tournament. then we lose half the team and proctor transfers out because our fan base turned on him. wouldn't wish that on our worst ene...

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Maybe this will help. Note: Shipping is free if you want to give it a try.

https://goop.com/heretic-this-smells...gina-candle/p/
    Life is now indistinguishable from South Park.

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    It's only been the "offseason" for two weeks and the board has already collectively gone insane. New record?
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    To be fair I started out insane.
    Yeah, there is a base level of looney around here. Not that I'm a part of it, yes I am, no I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Yep. And that is probably true even if Flip doesn’t return, as we would likely fill the C spot with a transfer in that case, keeping the crowd on the perimeter in place.
    TJ Power may be the best pure shooting on the team. He will get PT

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    I would love to have Roach back but he would not get as many minutes as this year. All of the 5 stars will have to be unselfish and accept less PT

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by RetireVergaJersey View Post
    Not that you're necessarily wrong, but people said the exact same thing about Schutt this past offseason and we know what happened there.

I have a feeling that Power is more of a long-term contributor than an immediate contributor. He's a borderline 4/5* guy in a down year, was a late riser in his class, and as a fifth year senior is old for his class (meaning there may be less room for body development). Especially given the depth we have at the 3/4 spot, it wouldn't surprise me if he came in with the knowledge that his time to shine would likely come in Year 2, when Mitchell and potentially Mgbako will have gone pro.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

I would love to have Roach back but he would not get as many minutes as this year. All of the 5 stars will have to be unselfish and accept less PT
    That may not be a huge problem. I'm sure a couple of those highly ranked recruits are on the same plan as Whitehead and Lively (presumably). They're going pro after their 1 year at Duke whether they average 20+ minutes or less than 10.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazieDUMB View Post
    This is an interesting idea, but has it ever happened before? I know sometimes kids redshirt in the middle of their career for injury reasons, or for transfers in the pre-Covid days, but I think just doing it for program continuity would be a first. I like it though, why not right?
    To be clear, I’m suggesting Blakes redshirt first for his own development. I think he’ll get only limited minutes next season. He’s likely to get to play more — at Duke — in ‘24-‘25 and ‘25-‘26 than in ‘23-‘24 and ‘24-‘25. Admittedly he could get more playing time next season at another school, but I’m hoping he wants to play for Duke. And he has a much better chance to start for Duke as a redshirt senior in ‘25-‘26

Granted that it’s tough to know which of the ‘23-‘24 and ‘24-‘25 guards will be around for Blakes’ hypothetical ‘25-‘26 RS Sr season, but it’s a decent bet that none, or at most one, of Proctor, Foster, and McCain will be at Duke in ‘25-‘26. We hope Schutt will be here for his senior season in ‘25-‘26, but he and Blakes are entirely different players and so would not be in direct competition for minutes then.

Unless Blakes enters the portal — which for multiple reasons I hope does not happen — both he and Duke basketball, including but not limited to program continuity, will benefit from a Blakes redshirt in ‘23-‘24.

It will come down to his D. I have no sense of his ability on that end.

As we approach lunchtime here on the east coast, and no news released thus far today, I would imagine all the other announcements will wait until next week after the NCG. Maybe thats a good thing, as it gives us all a chance to take a collective breath.

Quote Originally Posted by bshrader View Post
    As we approach lunchtime here on the east coast, and no news released thus far today, I would imagine all the other announcements will wait until next week after the NCG. Maybe thats a good thing, as it gives us all a chance to take a collective breath.
    MORE SPECULATION!!!! We will not be calm. We will be irrational.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    MORE SPECULATION!!!! We will not be calm. We will be irrational.
    Yesss! Tilt! Everybody tilt and speculate! And make sure to overreact!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Lively announces between the two semi-final games.
    😁

Besides there can be a lot of NIL deals linked at the Final Four. We'll probably learn more on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Lively announces between the two semi-final games.
    😁
    Live and on air! 😂