Page 44 of 88 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    12.5% increase! Also this shows why Bostondevil and I HATE % increase when used in a vacuum.
    You are wrong you ignorant slut — it is a 14.3% increase! Do us a favor and leave this board immediately.

(How did I do? Did I run him off?)

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    You are wrong you ignorant slut — it is a 14.3% increase! Do us a favor and leave this board immediately.

(How did I do? Did I run him off?)
    This. Is. So. Good. Sporked!

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    That's what big vacuum wants you to think.
    I will not be told what to think! And certainly not by Big Vacuum!

Should be a big week for Duke Basketball. The team's season ended a little sooner than we all hoped it would. I'm sure the coaching staff has had or scheduled post-season meetings with all the players by now. I bet we get clarity on most of the roster this week.

My guess is that Lively and Whitehead announce their intent to go the NBA Draft.

Filipowski/Mitchell/Proctor should probably all get feedback from the NBA even if they plan on playing a second year at Duke. History suggests that Mitchell will most likely return since very few freshmen that were absent from NBA mock drafts go pro after freshmen year. Yes, there have been a couple cases, but those have been the outliers and not the norm, even at Duke. Proctor is also a good bet to return for the same reason. He has not been in many mock drafts and mostly in the 2nd round when he does appear. Again, only a couple of Duke freshmen have gone pro under such circumstances. I choose to believe there's a better than 75% - just going off the averages for similar players in similar circumstances at Duke - that both are sophomores at Duke next season.

Filipowski is the wildcard. He has been mocked in the 1st round a good amount. Those players tend to go pro. I have a different feel about him but have no other basis that he will return than the posters that are convinced that everyone will leave just because.

Blakes, Reeves, and Schutt might not make an announcement or one or more might end up in the transfer portal. I put the over/under for that group returning at +/- 2.

Roach, most likely, is going to announce that he will go pro since that seems to be the plan for him. I'm not sure how to feel about it since I am a big Jeremy Roach fan. He did whatever the team needed him to do throughout his time at Duke. He won Duke critical games during the regular and postseason and was playing his best and most consistent basketball at the end of his junior year. No matter what he decides to do, I wish him only the best.

I'm glad that Ryan Young will be back as he seems to be a great teammate and contributor in the right matchups.

Lastly, I can't help but think about Coach Scheyer's interview with Dana O'Neal of The Athletic from earlier this year. Scheyer laid out the need to have more consistency in the roster year-to-year. His first year started with 11 new faces out of 13 on the roster. No matter what, we seemed destined to return more than last summer. Perhaps he was giving us fans a little hint about this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Should be a big week for Duke Basketball. The team's season ended a little sooner than we all hoped it would. I'm sure the coaching staff has had or scheduled post-season meetings with all the players by now. I bet we get clarity on most of the roster this week.

My guess is that Lively and Whitehead announce their intent to go the NBA Draft.

Filipowski/Mitchell/Proctor should probably all get feedback from the NBA even if they plan on playing a second year at Duke. History suggests that Mitchell will most likely return since very few freshmen that were absent from NBA mock drafts go pro after freshmen year. Yes, there have been a couple cases, but those have been the outliers and not the norm, even at Duke. Proctor is also a good bet to return for the same reason. He has not been in many mock drafts and mostly in the 2nd round when he does appear. Again, only a couple of Duke freshmen have gone pro under such circumstances. I choose to believe there's a better than 75% - just going off the averages for similar players in similar circumstances at Duke - that both are sophomores at Duke next season.

Filipowski is the wildcard. He has been mocked in the 1st round a good amount. Those players tend to go pro. I have a different feel about him but have no other basis that he will return than the posters that are convinced that everyone will leave just because.

Blakes, Reeves, and Schutt might not make an announcement or one or more might end up in the transfer portal. I put the over/under for that group returning at +/- 2.

Roach, most likely, is going to announce that he will go pro since that seems to be the plan for him. I'm not sure how to feel about it since I am a big Jeremy Roach fan. He did whatever the team needed him to do throughout his time at Duke. He won Duke critical games during the regular and postseason and was playing his best and most consistent basketball at the end of his junior year. No matter what he decides to do, I wish him only the best.

I'm glad that Ryan Young will be back as he seems to be a great teammate and contributor in the right matchups.

Lastly, I can't help but think about Coach Scheyer's interview with Dana O'Neal of The Athletic from earlier this year. Scheyer laid out the need to have more consistency in the roster year-to-year. His first year started with 11 new faces out of 13 on the roster. No matter what, we seemed destined to return more than last summer. Perhaps he was giving us fans a little hint about this summer.
    This last part is critical, IMO. I just dont see Scheyer making a statement to that effect without having at least some knowledge that some guys were returning.

I'm huffing dangerous amounts of hopium and I'm going to say Flip, Proctor and Mitchell all come back. If next year's class is as weak as some say then Flip and Proctor have a legit shot at lottery. I always assume everyone leaves and then they do, so I'm going to just assume they come back.

I think Reeves and Schutt stay. I don't think they came to Duke with the expectation of playing a lot their freshmen year. Reeves got some court time and I can see him taking some of Lively's rotations if he gets stronger.

Roach to me is the wildcard. When healthy, he's played well but I think the injuries this year have maybe pushed him out of any draft scenario right now. If he ever makes league, it will be for on court experience and defense. If he has something lined up with NIL, I could see him stay. If he is destined to play G league then overseas, I don't see why waiting a year hurts him.

I don't think anything happens until after the team banquet so whenever that is, expect the decisions soon after.

Quote Originally Posted by bshrader View Post
    This last part is critical, IMO. I just dont see Scheyer making a statement to that effect without having at least some knowledge that some guys were returning.
    Yeah, I certainly hope this proves correct. And I think there is a good chance that 3 of the 6 freshmen return along with Young and Blakes. Which would make Scheyer's statement correct: we'd have more continuity next year with 2 returning regulars (Young and one frosh), a returning fringe regular (Blakes) and 2 returning bench guys (Reeves and Schutt). But it would be nice if more than that returns.

And certainly Scheyer's 2023 recruiting class looks lighter on clear-cut one and done players, so it's quite possible that next year is still a bit of a bridge year in getting to where Scheyer wants to be in terms of continuity.

That said, with NIL taking off in other places, he and Rachel Baker have their work cut out for them. It will be interesting to see if they are able to make NIL start to work for Duke (to this point, we haven't seen the benefits yet).

Quote Originally Posted by HoKogan View Post
    I don't think anything happens until after the team banquet so whenever that is, expect the decisions soon after.
    Don't the transfer portal and NBA draft decision deadlines come pretty soon? I don't remember too well but seem to recall that most stay/go decisions come well before the team banquet.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Don't the transfer portal and NBA draft decision deadlines come pretty soon? I don't remember too well but seem to recall that most stay/go decisions come well before the team banquet.
    Last year's banquet was on 4/14.

I believe the deadline to apply for the Undergraduate Advisory Committee is April 13, 2023

Quote Originally Posted by jaywilliams22 View Post

I believe the deadline to apply for the Undergraduate Advisory Committee is April 13, 2023
    I believe the Early Entry Deadline is April 23rd.

And the Withdrawal Deadline is May 31st.

What's interesting is Whitehead is the only guy projected first round and that's bottom pick in the first round. Filip is the first pick in the second round. Lively isn't even projected to get picked hes showing up on 2024. Same with Mitchel and Proctor.

Quote Originally Posted by jaywilliams22 View Post
    This year's banquet is on 4/13/23.

Tyrese returns!

ESPN reporting Tyrese is returning to Duke.

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/sta...46044465655809

Quote Originally Posted by freedevil View Post
    espn reporting tyrese is returning to duke.

https://twitter.com/draftexpress/sta...46044465655809
    proctor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JGDUKE2008 View Post
    What's interesting is Whitehead is the only guy projected first round and that's bottom pick in the first round. Filip is the first pick in the second round. Lively isn't even projected to get picked hes showing up on 2024. Same with Mitchel and Proctor.
    That is only true in one mock draft (NBAdraft.net), and not a very good one at that. All the other mock drafts have Lively going in the first round.

I think the "go" decisions usually come after the banquet. But the "stay" decisions could happen at any time (as evidenced by Ryan Young's statement during the season).

Proctor coming back is huge. I felt he was more likely to leave than Flip, so I think Flip is coming back too. I feel confident about Mitchell as well.

Proctor coming back is huge. I felt he was more likely to leave than Flip, so I think Flip is coming back too. I feel confident about Mitchell as well.
    Honestly, I'm starting to wonder about Mitchell. At first glance, I thought he was easily returning. But the more I look into roster construction next year, I'm a little more hesitant. There's so much depth at the wing positions. And his versatility would get him as many minutes as he wants in the early going...but I just wonder if he's considering all that wing depth and thinking maybe he could develop a little more in the G-League.

If those three all come back than I think we are probably preseason number 1.