RIP Lance Reddick

Such sad news - always loved his acting presence and such a distinctive voice.

https://variety.com/2023/film/obitua...ck-1235557886/
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Such sad news - always loved his acting presence and such a distinctive voice.

https://variety.com/2023/film/obitua...ck-1235557886/
    He was a major player in one of my favorite TV shows, "Fringe". Sad to see him go. Only 60. RIP.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Wow. Major bummer. My wife met him once and was smitten. Loved him in The Wire, Blacklist, Lost. He also did lots of voiceover and videogame work - excellent in Horizon Zero Dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Wow. Major bummer. My wife met him once and was smitten. Loved him in The Wire, Blacklist, Lost. He also did lots of voiceover and videogame work - excellent in Horizon Zero Dawn.
    Wait, he was in LOST? I don’t remember seeing him. I haven’t watched The Wire, but he really stood out to me in the John Wick series. This is sad.

He was great in Bosch. Definitely a presence.

60 is too young. He was an artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I haven’t watched The Wire, but he really stood out to me in the John Wick series. This is sad.
    Strongly recommend The Wire! One of my Top 10 all-time favorite TV series.

Very sad… 60 is way too young these days!

Surprisingly sad news. I always thought he had a Duke-friendly name, despite the slight difference in spelling.

Looking at his filmography, I hadn't realized he voiced a character in the updated "DuckTales". I'd seen him most recently in One Night in Miami and on TV's "Young Sheldon", playing an engineering professor, and one of the first characters to actively dislike Sheldon.

This video covers most of his storyline, though it leaves out his introduction, where he locks the classroom door at 9:00 sharp, preventing a tardy student from even getting in.

The best part is at the end. Nice to have seen him do comedy for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    He was great in Bosch. Definitely a presence.
    Agreed. Always played pretty much the same character but it was such a great one that I considered it a feature, not a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    He was a major player in one of my favorite TV shows, "Fringe". Sad to see him go. Only 60. RIP.
    Talk about strange ... I was surfing the channel guide and see that there is a "Fringe" marathon today on, of all channels, HLN (CNN Headline News). Looks like it carries through at least into tomorrow. They are currently on the 3rd episode of season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Agreed. Always played pretty much the same character but it was such a great one that I considered it a feature, not a bug.
    Yep. Loved him in The Wire -- pretty sure the first show where I encountered him. Eventually, I tired of him in Bosch. It got to the point that I'd chuckle when he did his swinging-the-shoulders-walk, if that resonates...

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymax View Post
    Yep. Loved him in The Wire -- pretty sure the first show where I encountered him. Eventually, I tired of him in Bosch. It got to the point that I'd chuckle when he did his swinging-the-shoulders-walk, if that resonates...
    Lol - "swinging-the-shoulders-walk" is the perfect visual for Lance - it captures his whole demeanor.