Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Not sure I understand why Wong is not viewed as a pro. Yes he is old, but the guy can score the ball. That is a valuable skill set. I am hoping he catches someone’s eye- but otherwise he will be the Lifewallet spokesperson.
    I don’t understand why Miami’s NIL deals are considered so corrupt as compared to say, Bacot’s deal. Is the investment return on Bacot NIL real??

In one thread reference, Lively apparently purchased a house for him mom. I was not aware, but who paid for this? Not including T-shirt sales, etc., I’m not sure why some NIL $$ are considered dirty and other NIL clean.

Some players have been scorers in college and make the transition to point guard in the pros. Scott Skiles is one who comes to mind. Wong appears to be able to handle the ball, defends, and has some toughness. I don't know any more what it takes to make it in the pros but I am interested in what happens with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Maged View Post
    Some players have been scorers in college and make the transition to point guard in the pros. Scott Skiles is one who comes to mind. Wong appears to be able to handle the ball, defends, and has some toughness. I don't know any more what it takes to make it in the pros but I am interested in what happens with him.
    He's got a chance maybe, but I think it's his defense that is a problem. He can make shots, create space, etc., but it's the defense.

I think Jordan Miller and Wooga Poplar are the more interesting NBA prospects on Miami's team.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    4-0 C-USA: (9) Florida Atlantic
    As good as Florida Atlantic's story has been, they barely describe how good Conference USA has been this postseason.

North Texas is 4-0, having reached the NIT final.
    UAB is 3-0 and leading at halftime in its NIT semifinal.
    Charlotte went 4-0 and won the CBI tournament.
    Rice was 1-1 in the CBI.

Sadly, Conference USA is also the biggest loser here, because all five of those schools, plus UT-San Antonio, are leaving for the American Athletic Conference in July.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    I don’t understand why Miami’s NIL deals are considered so corrupt as compared to say, Bacot’s deal. Is the investment return on Bacot NIL real??

In one thread reference, Lively apparently purchased a house for him mom. I was not aware, but who paid for this? Not including T-shirt sales, etc., I’m not sure why some NIL $$ are considered dirty and other NIL clean.
    Jon Ruiz of Miami has been more brazen about it than most which is why folks make cracks about him and Miami... though one could argue that makes his deals more above board than many because many of us actually know there is a company called Lifewallet due to him funding the deals through that company. I mean, he's getting publicity so he's getting something of value.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

As good as Florida Atlantic's story has been, they barely describe how good Conference USA has been this postseason.

Rice was 1-1 in the CBI.

Sadly, Conference USA is also the biggest loser here, because all five of those schools, plus UT-San Antonio, are leaving for the American Athletic Conference in July.
    UAB won that semifinal on Tuesday and faced North Texas Thursday night for the 4th time this season. (So, like Duke-Maryland in 2001, but with much, much more at stake. A championship! This is like Villanova-Georgetown 1985 or Kansas-Oklahoma 1988.)

North Texas pulled away in the final 2 minutes to win the NIT, 68-61. So Conference USA won and lost, and its postseason record for men's basketball is 18-2 so far.

Lively has his face on cans of Pringles. Some kind of beards of basketballers promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gordog View Post
    Lively has his face on cans of Pringles. Some kind of beards of basketballers promotion.
    No, not exactly. Substitute "Lively" with "Whitehead" and "beards" with "mustaches".

pringlesnil.jpg

Ethics aside, I'd be pretty impressed if Dariq Whitehead got Pringles to buy a house for Dereck Lively's mother.

I remember "down payment" not purchase.

ENTERING TITLE GAME

11-4 Big East: (4) Connecticut
    5-3 Mountain West: (5) San Diego State

9-7 Big XII
    9-8 SEC
    7-5 ACC*
    6-8 Big Ten
    4-1 C-USA
    4-2 West Coast
    3-4 Pac-12*
    2-1 Ivy
    2-1 Northeast*
    2-2 American
    1-1 Southern, Southland*
    0-1 America East, Atlantic 10, Atlantic Sun, Big Sky, Big South, Big West, Colonial, Horizon, MAAC, MAC, MEAC, Missouri Valley, Ohio Valley, Patriot, Summit, Sun Belt, SWAC, WAC

* Includes First Four wins in Dayton for Pittsburgh (ACC), Fairleigh Dickinson (Northeast), Arizona State (Pac-12) and Texas A&M Corpus Christi (Southland).

Rice was 1-1 in the CBI.

UAB won that semifinal on Tuesday and faced North Texas Thursday night for the 4th time this season. (So, like Duke-Maryland in 2001, but with much, much more at stake. A championship! This is like Villanova-Georgetown 1985 or Kansas-Oklahoma 1988.)

North Texas pulled away in the final 2 minutes to win the NIT, 68-61. So Conference USA won and lost, and its postseason record for men's basketball is 18-2 so far.
    Conference USA finishes 18-3 in the postseason, with an NCAA Final Four, NIT champion, NIT runner up, and CBI champion, which is still pretty incredible.

FINAL STANDINGS

12-4 Big East: (4) Connecticut

9-7 Big XII
    9-8 SEC
    7-5 ACC*
    6-8 Big Ten
    5-4 Mountain West
    4-1 C-USA
    4-2 West Coast
    3-4 Pac-12*
    2-1 Ivy
    2-1 Northeast*
    2-2 American
    1-1 Southern, Southland*
    0-1 America East, Atlantic 10, Atlantic Sun, Big Sky, Big South, Big West, Colonial, Horizon, MAAC, MAC, MEAC, Missouri Valley, Ohio Valley, Patriot, Summit, Sun Belt, SWAC, WAC

* Includes First Four wins in Dayton for Pittsburgh (ACC), Fairleigh Dickinson (Northeast), Arizona State (Pac-12) and Texas A&M Corpus Christi (Southland).

Cumulative, Final:

Overperforming:

Big East (+4)
    Mountain West (+4)
    Conference USA (+4)
    ACC (+2)
    Ivy (+2)
    WCC (+1)
    SoCon (+1)
    Northeast (+1)

Underperforming:

SEC (-3)
    American (-4)
    Big XII (-4)
    Big Ten (-4)
    Pac-12 (-4)

The biggest outliers between the two lists are the Big XII (9-7 doesn't look too bad, but 4 fewer wins than expected is pretty lousy) and the SEC (9-8 but -3).